Hearthstone

Explosivo_sl

shitlord
1) Do you enjoy Rogue? 2) Do you have the "key" cards?
Rogue really only has 1 meta deck atm. If you enjoy Rogue then go ahead and experiment. As a new player you might want to play with mech Rogue. It's not a competitive deck but it can be fun anyway and still win games. Oil Rogue is "meta". Ideally you play what you enjoy. If you enjoy winning then you probably want to build an Oil Rogue deck.
Just out of sheer random happenstance, I've gotten most of the cards in this deck in the packs I've opened:Oil Rogue Deck. I have just about everything except for the two preparations (which are second on my priority list if i want to continue building this one), the bloodmage thalnos, the big game hunter (highest priority due to its general usefulness), loatheb (just bought naxx today and haven't done much of it), and Dr. Boom. Obviously these are all very good cards, but I tried to fill in the gaps with some placeholder cards that I think will work for now. Figuring out how to get the highest efficiency out of my combos is super fun.

Anyway, I really appreciate the advice. I'm gonna look to build a mage and warlock deck (tbh I find hunters to be boring as shit) while I continue to acquire the cards I need to finish out this oil rogue deck.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I often go - win 4 straight, I feel invincible, and then I lose 3 straight.

Is everyone trying to get golden dudes or something? Why do I keep running into aggro paladin? I don't think I've lost to it yet since playing a little bit more these past couple of days and I see it fairly often.
Aggro paladin is a lot more consistent of a deck these days, and against the current top tier decks it matches up better than midrange paladin does. It's what I play when I'm bored or need to knock out a paladin daily. Quick matches too.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Ugh, have to agree. How could the brawls keep getting worse? Luckily RnG was my friend for my only match of this week.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Took me two games. First game I was basically never part of, second game I was losing pretty badly then pulled off a big swing turn board clear with tundra rhino followed up with a beast and then malorne to the face on the next two turns.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Brawl consists basically if people playing to try and win one game to get their pack and then see ya next week.

Should change it to 3 - 5 wins to get the pack. And to add more fun rule sets and not just RNGlol

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Brawl consists basically if people playing to try and win one game to get their pack and then see ya next week.

Should change it to 3 - 5 wins to get the pack. And to add more fun rule sets and not just RNGlol
They only really know how to do RNG, anything beyond that is hard for the devs.

I do have to say this week of brawl is making dailies really easy and quick to do.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
They only really know how to do RNG, anything beyond that is hard for the devs.

I do have to say this week of brawl is making dailies really easy and quick to do.
I don't see what the big issue is. It's kinda fun, although I think an unstable portal challenge would be better. This is miles better than week 2, and not as initially interesting as week 1, but at least it isn't so one sided.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I don't see what the big issue is. It's kinda fun, although I think an unstable portal challenge would be better. This is miles better than week 2, and not as initially interesting as week 1, but at least it isn't so one sided.
I enjoy this brawl more then the others so far.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
This game is coded like hot garbage.

Enemy mage has Mad Scientist. I play Keeper of the Grove, deal 2 to kill scientist. He dies, gets secret, it's Mirror Entity and he gets a copy of my Keeper? So my battlecry happens when I come into play but somehow the secret gets in there to see me in the past?

Morrow

Trakanon Raider

Enemy mage has Mad Scientist. I play Keeper of the Grove, deal 2 to kill scientist. He dies, gets secret, it's Mirror Entity and he gets a copy of my Keeper? So my battlecry happens when I come into play but somehow the secret gets in there to see me in the past?
Yeah it's dumb, there are some examples I can't think of right this moment where the opposite logic applies. There are tons of contradictions in the coding. Basically, Battlecry happens before a minion actually enters the battlefield, so that's why it happens that way. Battlecry > Deathrattle > Secret > Enters the Battlefield > Copied.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
It's an order of operations things and it's not intuitive at first. You see it all the time when playing Mage against Oil Rogue when they SI:7 your Scientist. Basically battlecrys happen before something hits the table and deathrattles occur after it would hit the table. So in the Rifleman example, the Rifleman will shoot the sheep and kill it, hit the board and then the sheep's explosion goes off hurting the rifleman. Like I said, it's not intuitive.

Ryoz

<Donor>

There's a guide somewhere, I think posted by disguised toast, where they list how battlecrys and death rattles are resolved. Always silence dem mad scis too.

http://disguisedtoast.com/follow-da-rulez-1/