Hearthstone

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea that or trinket slot maybe
Reactions need to be added to improve the game, period.

I don't care how, even if it's just upping the number of secrets so you've got to have them preloaded to a degree - but there needs to be some sort of reaction allowed.

(Or better - secrets with a "do a board interaction" type trigger to fire them off)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't disagree, but you're talking about a game where you can animation-lock for minutes on end and people are content to sit and wait for minutes with one card in hand and no mana...

I think static-effect stuff and temporary shut-down cards are about the best we'll get besides more secrets.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't disagree, but you're talking about a game where you can animation-lock for minutes on end and people are content to sit and wait for minutes with one card in hand and no mana...

I think static-effect stuff and temporary shut-down cards are about the best we'll get besides more secrets.
Thus why I said the "board interaction" way, rather than endless stops like MTGO has to do. Like add a button to the play area on each screen, smack it to trigger your queued "instant" effect.

Endless stops isn't going to happen quite apparently.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
1) Probably coming, but later than sooner, IMO

2) Sure makes sense, who knows when, much later than sooner probably

3) I don't see it happening, doesn't fit their design approach and they probably want to keep it this way to keep the classes more distinct and flavored, I don't think its all that necessary personally.

4) Never going to happen, they would point to these shitty cards that mess with the hero power now. By the way I found out (the hard way during this week's brawl) that the one minion that copies the opponents hero power doesn't even work, or is bugged and doesn't always work.

5) Great idea, would be fun and fit the whole portrait thing if they ever release the rest of them. Some players would bitch though.

6) That's how I've always imagined deck slots are going to work. You have three "talent trees" per class to make decks with. Not sure if you mean stuff like having the option of freeze mage versus fire where your hero power is different and stuff, that would be awesome too but I'm not holding my breath with it happening any time soon.
1. It should be the next game mode they release they already said it has been designed, just needs to be implimented.

2. Agreed, They would have to release them in a larger set with that as the focus.

3. I can see that as long as they make neutral minions that can do a wide range of abilities.

4. I don't see that being impossible, I'm not saying you can pick any hero power you want for your class but a lot of people think that hero powers unfairly types classes. Hunter is the prime example.

5. Not Horde/Alliance Guys, Factions in the game. Here's an example:

rrr_img_110046.jpg

rrr_img_110047.jpg

6. I think a talent tree would be a little complex, I would say these would be "legendary" abilties and you can only put one set in of a type.

rrr_img_110048.jpg

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Thus why I said the "board interaction" way, rather than endless stops like MTGO has to do. Like add a button to the play area on each screen, smack it to trigger your queued "instant" effect.

Endless stops isn't going to happen quite apparently.
I know what you mean - that's something I had considered too ex. 'DO YOU WANT TO USE NUKE MOB NOW?' type interface things to streamline the interface... but I can't think of any way to not belabor the interaction that doesn't turn it into basically the same thing as a secret.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
The meta is stable and healthy you say? Excellent.

So probably on Tuesday I'll post up a thread for the first Rerolled TGT tournament. We'll probably be switching over to the conquest format without bans (so you have to win one game with each of your decks). I think the format is better overall. I might consider adding a ban, so four decks, ban one. If anyone has ideas they want to put forward for the tournament, you have till Tuesday to suggest them.
How many decks? I'm definitely in if it fits my schedule.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Queued effect? How would that even work without stopping what the opponent would be trying to get done on their turn? They consciously decided to not have instants to make sure that games are completed quickly and to minimize the dead time that exists in MTGO.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Conquest at three wins means three decks. I think that is pretty reasonable. Only thing I could imagine is upping it to five for semi-finals and/or finals. Preferences?

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think we should stick with 3 this go through, see how it plays out and depending maybe we go to 5 for semi/finals next go around.

The Master

Bronze Squire
When is this happening?
Sign up thread will be posted tomorrow, I'll give people 5-7 days to sign up, then I'll generate brackets. Preference to date has been for the tournament to be "play as you have time" as opposed to all on the same day, because of time zone differences, etc. So far all the tournaments have finished in about a week.

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone willing to become friends so that I can watch them win to complete the quest. Apparently my Battle.net friends list is 2 people long. Leaffe#1272

bazazu

Lord Nagafen Raider
Added you - I need the same btw.

Edit: Also - just beat a patron warrior with my totally scrub mage deck (newb player not paying to open naxx/blackrock - got mostly newb cards). I feel soooooo good pushing some patron warrior deck in the mud.