Hearthstone

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
God damn this game has me salty lately. String of losses to incomprehensible bullshit. This game sometimes...

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just got back into the game as well. Add me if you want.

And wow. What a reality check. Just came back over the weekend and did some arena. Went 4 wins with a priest deck. That was cool. Tonight I go 0-3 with a paladin and shaman deck. I need to go read up on new arena card pick suggestions because I'm getting stomped. Lol

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Added you - I need the same btw.

Edit: Also - just beat a patron warrior with my totally scrub mage deck (newb player not paying to open naxx/blackrock - got mostly newb cards). I feel soooooo good pushing some patron warrior deck in the mud.
Reminds me of my favorite Amaz Video

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
God damn this game has me salty lately. String of losses to incomprehensible bullshit. This game sometimes...
I had this conversation with my wife yesterday, I was laughing pretty hard due to some ridiculous RNG going for me playing Midrange Hunter and I mentioned I have no idea why I play this game because of those swings. Fun when you get the god RNG and so salt inducing when you are on the other end.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I had this conversation with my wife yesterday, I was laughing pretty hard due to some ridiculous RNG going for me playing Midrange Hunter and I mentioned I have no idea why I play this game because of those swings. Fun when you get the god RNG and so salt inducing when you are on the other end.
I fucking hate this dumb game. I'm just an addict.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I had to enlist my wife in making me stop playing. I just couldn't fucking do it by myself. I lost track how many times I uninstalled and reinstalled. I mean, kudos to Blizzard, they can't design a game around skill but they sure know how to keep you coming back. The incremental pack rewards and dailies are brilliant in that regard. I only played arena and I got 12 wins and thought I was done. Yet I kept playing just to collect cards I never used.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I took a long break then get sucked back in right after GvG. Since then I've scaled back a lot though, really only logging in to do dailies. Once you realize how pointless ranked is and arena is a crapshoot, there's not a ton of incentive to continue playing. If tavern brawl wasn't what it is, I might be more into it again. Plus I just have way too much shit to play anyway.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Even playing it poorly you're favored against every variation of secret pally.

*edit*

I didn't read conquest rules first, that does change things quite a bit. Still think most people should be taking patron and secret pally though.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tried out a basic warlock deck to try and get the daily done and getting stomped in casual mode. Any suggestions for a brand new player, with not very many cards at all that hasn't played since beta, how to start getting cards, so I can make the decks, to start winning? lol

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
What the fuck is this? And I just lost to a Druid with Dr. Boom, Blingtron 3000, Foe Reaper 3000 & 4 Swipes. I *almost* won as well but the topdecked 4th Swipe lethal'd me when I had lethal the next turn with x2 Kraken out.

Gogo RNGStone! This game is just a really shitty drug that is highly addictive. I'm pretty sure the HS dev team is actually composed of the same people that make Mexican Tar Heroin. We are just chasing that next RNG high, all the while being miserable 80% of the time we get a shitty fix, but because of that one time we got a good hit and got really high off of that RNG, we keep playing. At least that's how it feels to me. Fuck this game, I'm going to AA.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Tried out a basic warlock deck to try and get the daily done and getting stomped in casual mode. Any suggestions for a brand new player, with not very many cards at all that hasn't played since beta, how to start getting cards, so I can make the decks, to start winning? lol
$$$

I wish I was kidding.

If you can play arena for gold, go for it, IIRC it has slightly better returns on average than investing into new packs. Your best chance for meeting weak decks is ranked ranks 25-21, otherwise you will keep running into random people, including those running the most expensive decks. Look up some cheap basic decks on hearthpwn to give you an idea which expansions to prioritize. Naxx is probably still the most important.

What broke my addiction is when I realized I will always get randomly stomped by netdecks I have no chance against without shelling 100$+ for packs, an investment which could easily be invalid by the time the next expansion rolls around, so I threw money at Dota 2 hats and uninstalled Hearthstone.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Get Naxx and as Zaphid mentions, look up cheap decks. You don't have to spend $100s at any point unless you want to win more frequently and more quickly. There are plenty of decent decks that are cheap like face hunter, and patron warrior. You just have to be realistic that no one wins all the time and that people who have played longer will have an advantage for a while.