Hearthstone

Taho

N00b
Agreed. At ranks 14-15, the meta is either uber aggro or turtling with heals, taunts, and reno. There is little room for any Midrange because they get steam-rolled by all the aggro. I'm seeing tons of aggro/token druid, aggro shaman, zoo lock, face hunter. Even strong midrange decks like Pally with Tirion, a couple taunts and a couple heals are too slow and are just getting run over. It is not a fun meta where I am in the ladder.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Playing a little anyfin combo, and just realized the mirrors must be bizzaro. Because if you anyfin and don't kill him they can anyfin you back and surely kill you because of how the murlocs buff each other. Also if you play all your murlocs too early he can preemptively anyfin and kill you because anyfin summons any murloc that died not just your own.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes, the anyfin mirror is a very delicate chess match if you both know what you're doing and get ok draws.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
It does when mc is your only minion with greater than 1 attack on the board and he gets buffed putting him in bgh range.

MossyBank

N00b
Fuck yes! Got a golden Ysera in my Tavern Brawl pack today. Time to go buy a lotto ticket.
biggrin.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yes, the anyfin mirror is a very delicate chess match if you both know what you're doing and get ok draws.
Seems like whoever hits 10mana first wins if both sides played murlocs. If you hold the murlocs though, it seems more like whoever plays anyfin second wins, which makes it pretty weird I guess. Need to Thaurissan a bluegill+anyfin so you can get more burst than your opponent maybe? Seems like a pretty crappy mirror though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah it really depends on how well the both of you know your deck and what you draw. I had one match where I was able to put just enough pressure on my opponent that a weak anyfin was lethal, another match we had a stalemate waiting for someone to finally draw anyfin for lethal (i lost). One match my opponent gave me lethal by casting anyfin too soon, which is the screenshot I posted on the last page.

Thats why deck tracker is so important. It lets you track murlocs, makes it easier to figure out if your opponent is playing Reno, etc.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
What are some decklists that you are having success with using murloc otk?

I'm having some serious trouble at rank 14, I'm looking at a steady 40-45% win rate which is no good, seems like the tools outside of the combo are not good enough to get me to the combo, let alone win, even with decent draw.

This is what I'm using right now:
rrr_img_119265.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Haha just had a renolock well played me when he cleared me board and dropped molten + reno. Next turn I anyfin and clear his board. Turn after that I anyfin for lethal. Think you emoted too soon bro! Anyway here's the list I've been running with. 62% win rate atm.

rrr_img_119266.jpg

If I had Eadric I might run him over the single Aldor, but I don't have him and I'm not crafting him. I was originally using cult master and while I realize he can really burn through your deck fast, he's pretty dependent on your board state. I've had more success with the weaker guaranteed draws of peddler and hammer.

*edit*

I'm sure minibot lists do a lot better against aggro shaman though. I hate that fucking deck.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh you're the one playing secret pally? I hope you lose every game.
Actually I was trying the newer list with eggs and uldars and seals and I did just that, lost every game. It may have worked last month, but its far too slow in today's meta. Switched to hobolock because we're back in that must empty hand by turn 3 meta.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What are some decklists that you are having success with using murloc otk?

I'm having some serious trouble at rank 14, I'm looking at a steady 40-45% win rate which is no good, seems like the tools outside of the combo are not good enough to get me to the combo, let alone win, even with decent draw.
One thing to consider is meta tends to be different at different ranks. Like Dog climbed to legendary and was farming people at high ranks in legendary with what seems to be exactly the list you have I think, but he plays against a lot of slower decks at his level, while the people at your level might be playing a fuckton of facehunter or whatever else, which the deck isn't necessarily good against or you'd need to tech different stuff in.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Actually I was trying the newer list with eggs and uldars and seals and I did just that, lost every game. It may have worked last month, but its far too slow in today's meta. Switched to hobolock because we're back in that must empty hand by turn 3 meta.
grumpycatGOOD.jpg