Hearthstone

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I can't believe there are giving us more deck slots and it's only 9 more. For all we know they are just letting you keep 9 wild decks and 9 standard.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I can't believe there are giving us more deck slots and it's only 9 more. For all we know they are just letting you keep 9 wild decks and 9 standard.
Are the new deck slots only available for use with Standard decks?
You can use the new deck slots for either Standard or Wild decks. These extra deck slots become available after unlocking all nine Hearthstone heroes.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
They won't be yanking them... you can use them in Wild play.
It makes sense that this happens soon simply for the competitive scene.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its right here in blue...

FSG8y7r.png

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea it does say standard comes this spring. But tempostorm has valid points and it still makes more sense to get people accustomed to standard before the next expansion. I'm sure we'll know more soon enough.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think he has valid points especially when you talk about tournaments for the year

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
One fear I have is that they will just let overpowered shit exist for ages because after an incredible period of suffering the problem card will get rotated out. I'm guessing the whole reason they haven't made any changes to secret paladin is because they've been planning this for a while and knew the deck was getting assfucked anyways.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea it does say standard comes this spring. But tempostorm has valid points and it still makes more sense to get people accustomed to standard before the next expansion. I'm sure we'll know more soon enough.
It says that when standard arrives, the spring expansion will be one of the usable sets. It couldn't be more clear.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One fear I have is that they will just let overpowered shit exist for ages because after an incredible period of suffering the problem card will get rotated out. I'm guessing the whole reason they haven't made any changes to secret paladin is because they've been planning this for a while and knew the deck was getting assfucked anyways.
Yeah this is really a little soft reset/nerf for them. Sure it functions as a boon for new players, but you know they are happy to retire all the broken cards from GvG/Naxx that were mistakes to begin with. Its crazy how much the metas have been definied by those two sets of cards, they really fucked up on some of those design choices.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This video from Brian Kibler was up on Reddit, and he makes a lot of really good points. I 100% agree with what he says here.

TL;DW: Nerfing classic cards forever destroys decks we've come to love, can't even play them in Wild. Instead, Blizzard should have a "core" set which changes every season and cards can be tagged to be in the core set or not. Like temporary banning of cards. This way Combo Druid, Freeze Mage or Handlock can still exist in Wild but don't have to in Standard.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
This video from Brian Kibler was up on Reddit, and he makes a lot of really good points. I 100% agree with what he says here.

TL;DW: Nerfing classic cards forever destroys decks we've come to love, can't even play them in Wild. Instead, Blizzard should have a "core" set which changes every season and cards can be tagged to be in the core set or not. Like temporary banning of cards. This way Combo Druid, Freeze Mage or Handlock can still exist in Wild but don't have to in Standard.
That's basically how Magic: The Gathering works so not surprised he would suggest that. I agree, for the most part, but we don't know what changes they're making to classic cards. A lot of classic cards are just underpowered or worthless, and it would be nice to see those get a bump, whereas I don't actually see a ton of classic ones that need a nerf. It would complicate matters slightly for people, but on the other hand, you're probably just going to have "Wild" filters and "Standard" filters in your collection anyway so it wouldn't be a huge deal.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Dumb Tavern Brawl is dumb. You start with 10 armor and a 2/2 weapon, and your hero power gives you a random weapon. You build a deck for it.

Just played Agro Shaman, one and done, doubt I'll play it again.