Hearthstone

Loyang_sl

shitlord
I put a flare in for tracking... I think it makes sense.
I prefer tracking since it allows you to choose between 3 cards that will allow you to better deal with the current situation you are facing. Flare is pretty much useless against all classes except mag/pal. I used flare for a while in my midrange hunter and while it can definately win you a game against secret pal, you often end up not even drawing it.

All in all i think tracking is more versatile and is usefull against all decks compared to flare.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Emp Thau > Leeroy/PO/PO/Abu/Abu + Faceless = 36 damage turn. Reno lock.

Token lock. Two sea giants and Brann on board, Argus>Abu/Abu>Gormock = 36 damage turn. You also have the option of getting PO's mixed in to that instead of or in addition to an abusive or two.

I've pulled off both of these, but the Brann shit is way harder to set up. Reno with Leeroy/Faceless its actually not that hard to survive to such a turn with emp ticks on any of the key components. Usually don't manage an Emp tick on both PO's and Abu's though, but very commonly two or three of the four, and you don't even need an emp tick on the faceless or leeroy per se. If you have it on them too it just makes it easier. Also, that's doing OVER 30 in a turn, doing a straight thirty requires less set up.
I said realistic, AND I said from a clear board. Exactly how many Reno locks run double abusive and double PO?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I had a Rogue daily and I tanked three ranks. Fuck that class right now. Tried Oil and Maly. Both are way too slow. I'm also inexperienced with Malygos Rogue and I know it's a difficult deck, but usually by Turn 6 you're so far behind. I think it just sucks more than me not knowing how to play it.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not much more disheartening than trying out a new deck and losing to a totem shaman running Windfury and Reincarnate in your 2nd game.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I had a Rogue daily and I tanked three ranks. Fuck that class right now. Tried Oil and Maly. Both are way too slow. I'm also inexperienced with Malygos Rogue and I know it's a difficult deck, but usually by Turn 6 you're so far behind. I think it just sucks more than me not knowing how to play it.
Yeah, it's an awful meta for Rogue right now. The whole sticky creature issue hit critical mass and no class suffers from it worse than Rogue. Miracle should be nasty as hell in standard though.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I main Mill Rogue because I don't take ranking up too seriously and I find the play style fun to me. It a very draw dependant deck that requires you to draw one of your Cold Light Oracles early on otherwise you will get crushed but when it works, it is very satisfying. I think I am hovering just over 55% win rate on it so yeah, it's not the best but it does win games too.

Funnily enough, when the deck draws well, it absolutely crushes some of the more popular decks at the moment. It stands up well to Secret Pally as you can sap or vanish their MC back into their hand and since MC pull so many secrets out from the deck in one go, it thins their deck out quickly so you can get them to reach fatigue quicker.

It also absolutely screws up Murloc Pally since you will be playing so many cold lights, you mess up their combo when they die and also you can Mill their murloc chargers and anyfin card before they get to turn 10. I think I have yet to lose against a murloc Pally.

Mill Rogue also dominates freeze mage, control warrior and control priest since all these decks are so reliant on holding cards in hand, it is so easy to Mill them.

Match ups that are difficult include mid range hunter, combo druid, tempo mage and aggro shaman which sucks because they are so popular now.

I actually do pretty well against Zoolock and face hunter since I Gang up healbots instead of cold lights and slowly outlast them since they run out of steam quickly if you can survive the initial burst.

It's a fun but frustrating deck to play with. Many occasions when both cold lights are buried in the last 15 cards of my deck and even favored match ups ends in a loss.

Maly Rogue and Oil Rogue are much more consistent than Mill but I find them less fun and fun is the reason why I play this game.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just won about 9 in a row with face hunter because if it doesn't matter what the fuck you or your opponent plays, may as well play the deck that started them all. Keep mulliganning for fon/sr combo faggots.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Hit Rank 5 for the first time in a couple of months. I hadn't been playing as much until recently when I saw that I'm less than 200 wins for a Golden Paladin. Just decided to knock out as many wins as I could before the change to Standard destroys the class.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That feeling when you're against a mech mage, he gets a mana addict from shredder, and then the next turn plays a clockwork gnome, pings it, and gets the +1 attack spare part for lethal.

fuck this game and everyone who plays it.

*edit*

just lost another game where a mage won because he got black knight from unstable portal.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
That feeling when you're against a mech mage, he gets a mana addict from shredder, and then the next turn plays a clockwork gnome, pings it, and gets the +1 attack spare part for lethal.

*edit*

just lost another game where a mage won because he got black knight from unstable portal.

Being new and ignorant to much of the game, I have a question...in theory will Standard eliminate/lessen this complaint?

Loyang_sl

shitlord
I cave in.... After being rank 8-11 for the past 2 weeks playing mostly Reno Hunter, I figured I'd make a push for rank 5 before month end. Fired up secret pal and 11 games later (11 wins...) I hit rank 5. Stupidly OP...

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Probably. A lot of the rng and sticky cards are rotating out. .. not to say they won't add new ones but hopefully they learned their lesson

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Great posts from Amzin and Fawe. Of course standard feels like crap right before such massive changes...especially now that some shitty decks and combos are finally getting adjusted. I also think LoE was a lifesaver. The discover mechanic alone is such a great addition to the game. There are a ton of valid decks . Outside of rogue and maybe hunter, is any hero getting shit on at the moment? Multiple deck options from most classes as well. It's just time for some change. Who doesn't want to play new decks and cards?

I might play my secret pally but loving Kolento priest just because Im a dick.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Just played a Brawl deck that roflstomped me. Did 28 damage in one turn. Molten Giant, Brewmaster'ed it back. Molten Giant again. Brewmaster'ed and Molten Giant'ed gain. Solid play. Wouldn't think of that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just played a Brawl deck that roflstomped me. Did 28 damage in one turn. Molten Giant, Brewmaster'ed it back. Molten Giant again. Brewmaster'ed and Molten Giant'ed gain. Solid play. Wouldn't think of that.
Rofl, that's the old warrior otk combo that got warsong commander nerfed the first time.