Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Most significant choice you have in a game is probably your mulligan. During the rest of the game, there are few meaningful choices. Too few to make it a game of skill on a significant level. Makes it a great game to multitask though.

That is one of the greatest strengths of my old fatigue warrior list, incredibly simple mulligans that change very little between opponents. You generally wanted the exact same cards for every single matchup. I haven't played it at all lately, but I suspect that's actually even more true now than it was before now that warrior is so much more heavily slanted towards aggro. Planning to try the deck out again after Malchezaar next week, although I'm not actually sure he's a good fit for the deck. Obviously he's great against control, but that's potentially a lot of dead draws between you and your removal against aggressive decks.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I too plan to run a fatigue or control war after next batch, Melch just seems so fun but also Ironforge Portal and some other things. Last time I ran your fatigue list I think I got to rank 3 before seeing the onslaught of N'Zoth paladins that were always a coin flip (the good ones held onto N'Zoth forever).

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Musta been doing something wrong, I had somewhere around a 75% win rate against N'zoth pally. It's an incredibly favored matchup. I won't even be testing portal, one of the core design philosophies of the deck is to rely on creatures as little as possible to make opposing removal dead cards. Shield block draws me through my deck and bash is removal.

• 1Solidarity
This game is gay cause when you get to a high enough rank it's just back to back warriors using the same deck design. Somehow they all have a fiery war axe to start with.

If you could erase all the deck crafting guides online so people were forced to design their own, it would be cool

• 1Solidarity

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Re: positional spells
I 100% agree. I had an idea for a spell that would start at the leftmost or rightmost minion and go the opposite direction. Deal 1 to the first, 2 to the 2nd, 3 to the 3rd, etc.. till it hit the end or killed a minion. So, if an opponent had a 1/1, 2/2 and 3/3 lined up incorrectly, it'd kill all 3. Sort of like bouncing blades, but where you pick how it bounces rather then pure RNG.
This also has some built in counter-play, as you would position your minions to minimize the damage it could do.

This game is gay cause when you get to a high enough rank it's just back to back warriors using the same deck design. Somehow they all have a fiery war axe to start with.

If you could erase all the deck crafting guides online so people were forced to design their own, it would be cool
Then play hunter to beat them? Warrior isn't favored against everything, just a good portion of the decks. There are decks that beat the warrior decks too. If it's really that pronounced, you can get a very high win rate.

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hunter has already overtaken warrior at the highest ranks. Aggro shaman might come back soon since warriors were holding them in check.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Guess I was wrong about Curator in standard murloc pal. Been absolutely tearing it up tonight with murdragon. Still can't decide between a 1/1 kodo/corrupter split or just 2 corrupters.

• 1Solidarity

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Reynad just had 2 minions on board, his opponent played double arcane missiles with 1 spell damage and all 8 went face. He felt bad for the guy and conceded lol

• 1Solidarity

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
They need to remove charge from the game, it makes for the most uninteractive games ever. Warrior sits there drawing cards making 0 plays at the board, it is literal aids.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Hunter has already overtaken warrior at the highest ranks. Aggro shaman might come back soon since warriors were holding them in check.

vS Data Reaper Report #15 - Vicious Syndicate (vS)

I don't think anyone here has linked the data mining that these guys do, but the stats are pretty awesome.

For the past week, hunter has been the most played class, warrior has fallen down to number two. As far as wins go, aggro shaman at nearly 55%.

So, aggro shaman might not come back, it's here and ripping shit up.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
holy shit i figured he was screwed after that astral communion but then the guy does over 50 points of damage to himself with his own yogg.

• 1Solidarity

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Having fun with this Barnes rogue. Only played ~20 games with it, but probably the highest win rate miracle deck I've played recently. May be a little greedy with maly and sylvanas and rogue can get burst down easily these days against the aggros, if you're running into a lot of aggro you may want to change those two for argent squires and/or hucksters.
Rogue - Deckbuilder - HearthPwn

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
blizzard is trying to cut out the middleman when it comes to streamers on their games now? Hadn't heard about this before until I saw the patch notes logging in today.

• 1Solidarity

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
Having fun with this Barnes rogue. Only played ~20 games with it, but probably the highest win rate miracle deck I've played recently. May be a little greedy with maly and sylvanas and rogue can get burst down easily these days against the aggros, if you're running into a lot of aggro you may want to change those two for argent squires and/or hucksters.
Rogue - Deckbuilder - HearthPwn

Rogue really needs some love. I have every hero except rogue as golden so I've been trying to ladder up with various forms of miracle this season. I just can't make it work.

I usually hit rank 5 and call it a day, but with rogue I struggle to maintain rank 12. I feel the lack of healing combined with blade flurry nerf has completely gutted the class. Barnes doesn't do much to help the core issues with the class.

This late in the season, I've had to resort to playing hunter to hit rank 5 for the gold epic chest...

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have to assume that at some point they will partially roll back the blade flurry nerf. I think it would be reasonably balanced at 2 mana no hero damage, but they probably wouldn't bring it back down past 3.

• 1Solidarity

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Meh... the meta is so fucking fast atm it's just barely any fun to play anything other than some hyper-aggro bullshit deck and try to ladder. Of all the classes that i've tried so far, rogue, and more specifically any iteration of miracle rogue, is the most fun thing to play, but if you want to play for fun, say goodbye to trying to ladder. Unless you can put in tons of hours and are very good. I'm neither good, nor do i have tons of hours to play.

• 1Solidarity

Lusiphur

Peasant
Yeah, because playing against Miracle Rogue is so fun. Wait until turn 6 and watch them try to shit out their whole deck. At least with aggro you can interact from turn to turn. My eyes, they are rolled.

• 1Solidarity