Hearthstone

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The only downside to dusting extras is maybe some day in the future, those cards might be nerfed and you'll get full dust value for them. Not likely since they just nerfed some classic cards with the introduction of Standard and will likely wait for non-classic cards to rotate out instead of nerfing them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Oh and for the dust, is it always safe to do the "Disenchant Extra Cards" ? Is that automatically deleting cards I have more than 2 of?

Ya, it will only disenchant things you have more than 2 or 1 in case of Legendaries.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
turns out you can get quite a bit of value out of violet illusionist + fools bane rofl

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Tried the brawl this morning as I got the stupid quest for it. Might actually finish the quest for once

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I did hunter first try and then picked mage. Will give priest a shot once I'm at work and can slip a game in

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did rogue into warrior first game and it was horrible, had two conceals and a blood brother as dead cards in hand. So next game I went for warlock just so I could outdraw my opponent and won that way.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also, did make a prince reno paladin deck and am playing that since paladin is the last non-golden hero I have. Its faring okay after ~15 games, right at about 50% win rate and a couple of those losses were bullshit rng losses, like there is no shame in losing to a miracle yogg, card just sometimes wins games that would otherwise be lost. Also threw in Curator to act as card draw, have dragons in the deck and using stampeding kodo and corrupted seer as my beast/murloc.

• 1Like

Taho

N00b
I had the quest and went 5-0 (lucky, I know). First 2 with Druid and final 3 with Pally. Pally games were much closer - I never got Tirion or minibot or other op cards. Druid games were pretty easy... was able to just drop large taunt after large taunt for the most part.

• 1Like

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I started with warlock and picked druid because my opening hand had some swarm-oriented cards. First turn I draw renounce darkness. Fun trumps winning so I played that right away and ended up changing the warlock cards in my deck to more, cheaper druid cards. Turns out fun and effective, who knew!

• 1Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Horrible brawl but at least the pack gave me a Van Cleef.

Haha this was my Brawl pack today:

lWrQrPp.jpg

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Brawl packs have historically been really good to me. I think I got both Golden Antonidas and Golden Anomalus from them, plus a handful of other legendary dupes (got Harrison this week)

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Changes coming to arena, text in spoiler. Edit: The TLDR is they are removing some cards from arena and there is a list by class in the spoiler

Hearthside Chat: Upcoming Arena Changes with Dean Ayala

There’s been a lot of internal and public discussion regarding the state of Arena recently. Today, I’d like to share what the Hearthstone team’s goals are for Arena and shed some additional light on where our overall focus is for the future.

Hearthstone has four major game modes right now: Constructed, Arena, Solo Adventures, and Tavern Brawl. One goal we have for Arena is that we want it to feel meaningfully different from any other way you might play Hearthstone. I think we’re hitting that goal now, but it’s important for us to keep that in mind when thinking about future changes. Variety among all game modes is important to us, but an equally important goal is to have a wide range of experiences within each game mode.

This is an area where we feel Arena has some room for improvement. When you first enter Arena and are offered the choice of three different classes, our goal is that you can look at those choices and choose any class without feeling disadvantaged because of their difference in power level.

Most of the feedback we’ve received on Arena is centered around class balance. For the last few content releases, Mage and Rogue have bounced back and forth as the top two most played and most powerful classes. Paladin has been in a tier by itself below Mage and Rogue, while the last five classes have done some shifting around in a tier below these three.

So what are some ways we can address Arena balance? Tools that we have available immediately involve removing cards from Arena completely—C'Thun-synergy cards and Purify are examples of this. We’d like to avoid removing strong spells and weapons from the Arena, because they add to a lot of the unpredictability and excitement surrounding the possibilities outside the current board state. We’d also like to avoid removing iconic cards, since they are generally versatile and familiar tools to veteran and new Arena players alike. Additionally, we can remove lower-performing cards in order to make room for a class’ more commonly utilized cards to show up more often in your Arena draft.

With those things in mind, we will be removing the following cards from the Arena draft in an upcoming patch:

Mage

• Forgotten Torch
  • Snowchugger
  • Faceless Summoner

Rogue

• Goblin Auto Barber
  • Undercity Valiant

Paladin

- No changes

Shaman

• Vitality Totem
  • Dust Devil
  • Totemic Might
  • Ancestral Healing
  • Dunemaul Shaman
  • Windspeaker

Warlock

• Anima Golem
  • Sacrificial Pact
  • Curse of Rafaam
  • Sense Demons
  • Void Crusher
  • Reliquary Seeker
  • Succubus

Druid

• Savagery
  • Poison Seeds
  • Soul of the Forest
  • Mark of Nature
  • Tree of Life
  • Astral Communion

Warrior

• Warsong Commander
  • Bolster
  • Charge
  • Bouncing Blade
  • Axe Flinger
  • Rampage
  • Ogre Warmaul

Hunter

• Starving Buzzard
  • Call Pet
  • Timber Wolf
  • Cobra Shot
  • Lock and Load
  • Dart Trap
  • Snipe

Priest

• Mind Blast
  • Shadowbomber
  • Lightwell
  • Power Word: Glory
  • Confuse
  • Convert
  • Inner Fire

We're looking to develop additional solutions to balance Arena as well, such as the ability to adjust the rate that individual cards show up in your draft depending on a designer input value. If we pursue that route, there is still the matter of deciding on the best way to go about using that tool to achieve balance for each of the nine classes and still have Arena feel fun and different each run.

Drafting by card rarity is another discussion that we’ve been hearing a lot. If it’s a matter of balance, we’re fairly confident the ability to adjust the “weights” of cards available can solve that.

We think Arena is a fun environment that could use some overall balance tuning. We hope the above changes will help to address that, and we will be monitoring the Arena closely to see the impact of these changes. We also need your feedback to help us ensure that the Arena remains enjoyable for years to come, so let us know your thoughts!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Good idea and while they removed a lot of the stinker cards from the not Rogue or Mage classes, I'm not sure the cards they removed from Rogue and Mage do much because they aren't part of the KZ offering bonus.

Undercity Valiant and Goblin Auto Barber *used* be deck defining because you could count on drafting at least a few of them during their offering bonus...now though? Rogue lives on not #1 because what it got in KZ didn't suck and its common cards from previous expansions are quite good.

Same for mage. If the KZ offering bonus really is +200%, mage's current power is largely defined by curving out with a good amount of 2 drops(Medivh's Valet, who cares if you can't activate it most of the time?) and Firelands Portal. I don't think the cards the removed will do much.

Tweaking offering bonus on single cards is dangerous. They are already somewhat opaque with the offering bonus in arena for the current expansion as evidenced by at least one veteran player asking wtf I was talking about the last time I mentioned. Tweaking it on a per card basis? This stuff needs to be documented a bit more clearly if the playerbase is going to react to it accordingly. Everyone knows priest sucks but if they jack up the rates on Velens and Dark Cultist, people aren't going to know to try priest again unless they are continuously told about the bonus.

EDIT: Flamestrike needs to be on that list. Because fuck flamestrike.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Arena changes just still shows me they still barely have a clue on how to do a limited format.

Also I don't mind this brawl had 5 tavern brawls, 5 rogue/warrior and 3 rogue quests and busted them all out easily just playing rogue

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
I haven't played arena in awhile but removing charge and rampage from warrior seems like a nerf to me.

edit- Windspeaker removed from shaman, wow thanks for the help blizz

Last edited: