Hearthstone

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Been playing some wild Tempo mage, because I figured Medivh's valet would work pretty good with Mad Scientist.

I had totally forgotten how ridiculously powerful mad scientist and unstable portal were though. Comparing it to standard tempo mage is like night and day. I know it's just rank 15 but still, kinda crazy. Wins so fast the tracker doesn't typically know what I'm playing against.

Wild mage.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I'm guessing they consider a draft system too complicated. Keep in mind its Blizzard, they want everything streamlined and friendly for the casual, as well as mobile accessible.

Yea, I would love a draft system but it most likely never happen because of those reasons.

But sealed is something they could easily do imo.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Been playing some wild Tempo mage, because I figured Medivh's valet would work pretty good with Mad Scientist.

I had totally forgotten how ridiculously powerful mad scientist and unstable portal were though. Comparing it to standard tempo mage is like night and day. I know it's just rank 15 but still, kinda crazy. Wins so fast the tracker doesn't typically know what I'm playing against.

View attachment 46467

Post a deck list plz.

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've decided to pick 3 classes and see how I like them: Mage - Warrior - Warlock

I made a fairly good Zoolock deck: Sheng's Budget Standard Zoo Warlock | Mana Crystals
It wasn't very much dust and I had a good amount of the cards already. Plus I needed to make some regardless like Knife Juggler etc

Does anyone have a good (and not crazy dust intensive) Dragon Warrior deck they can point me to?

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Does anyone have a good (and not crazy dust intensive) Dragon Warrior deck they can point me to?

No. It may not be as bad as full on control warrior, but dragon warrior is not terribly cheap. You're looking at ~6k dust and all 3 adventure packs.

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow 6k. Ok well it's something to work towards. I'll play my Mage and Warlock deck in the mean time. I did 2 of the 3 adventures and I'll run Karazhan next.

Any other good cheap decks I should have?

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Been enjoying Kripps Giant Miracle deck the past few days. I don't understand the change to Molten even more now. So...it is too broken to have a free giant at 10 health but not broken to pull off two(or more) free giants at a higher health level? I know they just wanted even more Yogg type deck support but did it really need free giants? I'd like to see them re-adjust the Molten nerf. On to arena changes, I won't probably ever play arena again(haven't in quite a while anyways). Regular standard ladder is just fine and you don't get either free wins or losses because mage was one of 3 options you got or didn't.

It's sad but I'm having about as much fun playing Old God decks as anything newly created. Also, to the point there is nothing I really need or want so may just finish getting all of the epics

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
I think they just wanted to kill the handlock archetype to free up design space honestly, not that molten was OP. FFS they printed a 4 mana 7/7 which requires no setup, and the best handlock opening were a 4 mana 8/8 which required you to not use any cards until turn 4.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
View attachment 46483

It's only like two cards off of pre-old gods tempo mage, so it's in no ways optimized though.

Word. I've been playing a bit of Wild off and on, mostly kuz of the lack of bullshit cookiecutter decks that dominate current Standard.

The tempo mage deck that i have attached has been ripping stuff up for me. Basically, setting Antonidas or Rag up with a Counterspell is just assrape. Wish there was a Mad Scientist equivalent for Standard.

wild tempo mage.png

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Haven't really watched him play at all but this guy has a bet with lifecoach to get a headshaving:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Pre KZ, that would have been a terrible bet to take. Fewer warriors and nobody expecting freeze mage since it's been out of the meta for so long....maybe. But any deck even approaching 60+ percent win rate in Legend seems impossible.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I'm guessing they consider a draft system too complicated. Keep in mind its Blizzard, they want everything streamlined and friendly for the casual, as well as mobile accessible.
huh? We already have a draft system. I wasn't saying an 8 person pod, you'd still just pick cards based on random offerings. The only changes to emulate MTG that I was suggesting was having the available sets in the card pool rotate in a similar manner, where only the most recent ones and classic are in the pool.

There was another idea I saw posted on reddit about using a scarcity system for the card pool that was very interesting. It was sort of like taking a MTG style draft pod but putting the entire playerbase into the same pod instead, with a certain number of each card in the pool to start. If certain classes are drafted too much, the best cards from those classes would dry up and automatically balance the classes in that manner. i.e. if mages are as popular as they are now, and you pick mage, you wouldn't see any flamestrikes, firelands portals, faceless summoners, etc.. because they've all been picked. If you took priest or something, though, you'd get much higher card quality then normal. Obviously, you should know before you pick which classes are 'over' or 'under' drafted, but it's a great balancing mechanic if done right.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
840 wins till everything golden. I'll get the last 13 on Druid tonight probably, maybe tomorrow if I don't care that much.

What should I use to ladder with to get to 5 from Mage/Priest/Shaman/Rogue? Is that Shaman list still good post Adventure?

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Play some games on Standard, face like 3 shamans out of 5 games. 2 Aggro; 1 midrange. Get sick of that shit. Switch to WIld. First dude i face... aggro shaman...

Fuck you, Blizzard.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Im liking Dragon Priest ok. Dragon just about anything is pretty good with the new cards but priest has more early game that is sometimes needed.

Got a friend quest if anyone wants to do.

Last edited:
  • 1Like