Hearthstone

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I hope you guys are right and you get to pick your own leg but I sure don't read it that way:

One random class Legendary card from the Classic set!* (*Legendary cannot be golden)

I was extrapolating the amount of dust(400 from dupe legendary and 40 * 10 from the packs) into how much it would cost to "pick" your own legendary.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I hope you guys are right and you get to pick your own leg but I sure don't read it that way:

One random class Legendary card from the Classic set!* (*Legendary cannot be golden)

You can pick if you dust all the cards, will cost more than $5 though which was the point of the post(s).

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, if you already have all to most of the classic class legendaries it doesn't look near as enticing as I first thought

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why is anyone speculating standard won't change much in 2017 at this point? Definitely way too early to worry about that.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Why is anyone speculating standard won't change much in 2017 at this point? Definitely way too early to worry about that.

We will have 2 more expansions before it rotates out too

BRM is an interesting loss. Quick Shot, Flamewaker, Resurrect, Imp Gang Boss, Revenge, Grim Patron, Emperor Thaurissan, and all the Dragon stuff.

TGT is rather unimportant, though it neuters shaman (Totem Golem, Tuskerr Totemic, Thunder Bluff Valiant). The only card I'll really miss is Justicar Trueheart

LoE has some powerful and important cards though. Raven Idol, Forgotten Torch, Keeper of Uldaman, Anyfin Can Happen, Entomb, Tomb Pillager, Tunnel Trogg, Dark Peddler (this card should have been banned in Batstone), and most important of all rip the exciting legendaries, Finley Brann Elise and Reno

You look at those loses and nothing in play right now really survives without a substantial power drop. Cthun Warrior kind of, but Justicar hits Priest and Warrior hardest. Hunter looks strong.

It's way too early to really look at it though because we have 2 more expansions worth of cards before it matters. That said, I think they way they are rotating out sets is a mistake. It should just be 1 set for 1 set, not first set = entire year. I understand why they are going that route, because they want that really huge shake up at the start of the year and then minor additions till Blizzcon, but I'd rather have more incremental changes instead of one major one.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So they rotate out at the end of 2017 or the beginning? I'm confused as I definitely didn't think LoE was on the chopping block if it is at the beginning of 2017(3 months from now).

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So they rotate out at the end of 2017 or the beginning? I'm confused as I definitely didn't think LoE was on the chopping block if it is at the beginning of 2017(3 months from now).

When the first expansion of the year gets released anything not released the previous year rotates out. So it will be classic, Old Gods, Karazhan, and whatever gets released in November/December plus the expansion that launches that forces the old stuff to rotate out. Assuming they stick to 2 expansions 1 adventure a year plan

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
ok, makes sense now. Think I was thinking it changes with this next expansion which I assume will be in November.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
So, I've been playing a lot of the midrange hunter list (also called hybrid hunter) to rank up and it felt like I've been owning. Checked my deck tracker stats, and it seems I've got a 70% winrate (34W-16L) while ranking up to rank 10 so far.
I've also copied a nzoth hunter deck from a strifecro list, but my sample size is way too small, currently 7-1 with it though. Changed one card from the original list, bloodmage thalnos, cause I don't have it. Put a fiery bat in its place. Also, have not had nzoth even matter/get cast in any of those 8 games so far. Hasn't been necessary, but it's nice to have the backup power in case they deal with everything.
Worst class has been rogue, they are the only ones I don't have a positive record against (2-5). Mage has been the best (8-1). Really loving these hunter lists. The hybrid/midrange one isn't even very expensive to put together either.
midrange hunter.jpg
nzoth hunter.jpg

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Too much of this game feels like I'm playing Yahtzee instead of a card game. For an example, it feels like in the midrange shaman mirror, the whole game boils down to who flipped the coin to go first and who rolled the correct 4 sided die first (spellpower totem).

Maybe I'm just salty because my opponent got Leeroy from a Firelands portal, twice. In the same game.

• 1Like

Dragonaut

Molten Core Raider
That's a pretty widespread complaint in the Hearthstone community. Each expansion adds more and more RNG, ostensibly because for every player who hates RNG there's a bunch who need everything to be determined by luck in order to remain interested in the game. I've never heard from those players but everyone seems to take it for granted that they're there. In any case, Blizzard just kept heaping more and more RNG into the game, destroying any competitive integrity it might have had, and eventually it just got too much. WotOG and ONiK crossed a line with cards like Yogg, Barnes, the portal spells, etc. Now the HS forums are vaguely rioting, although Blizzard's glacial pace means it'll probably be six months before they might possibly begin to consider doing anything about it.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure if serious. It would take an assload more RNG before the meta even began to compare with the unstable portal, piloted shredder, dr boom meta. People are just retards with short memories.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yogg is the epitome of rng though. Card can single-handedly win games the person has no business of winning. But otherwise I agree, remove yogg and I'll take this rng over gvg era.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah but Yogg doesn't come down til much later, and it's pretty easy to anticipate him. Piloted Shredder can win you the game on turn 4, unstable portal can win you the game on turn 2.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah but Yogg doesn't come down til much later, and it's pretty easy to anticipate him. Piloted Shredder can win you the game on turn 4, unstable portal can win you the game on turn 2.

rooofl. Just played against a shaman. I get alarm-o-bot from Atiesh and he leaves it up to go face. Alarm-o-bot brings out Antonidas. Much emoting afterwards.

whoops meant to edit this in to my last post

*edit*

of course shortly after I say Yogg isn't that big a deal I get completely buttfucked by a yogg that manages to clear my board, pop my iceblock, leave me at low enough health that another iceblock wont save me, and leave him with a board so alex wont save me.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Lots of Yogg bitching but yea I agree with Gavinmad Gavinmad that complaining about a 10 Mana RNG card is ridiculous compared to the clearly broken 1-4 mana cards in the game. Yogg is refreshing and won't always win games.

Cards with Charge, Flamewaker, Flamewreathed, Councilman, and Boom/Shredder/Mysterious Challenger are all much more problematic in current/past than fucking Yogg.

Honestly though, Yogg needs a specific deck to shine. Really only fits in Druid/Mage and both of those classes have much bullshit to deal with way before Yogg. Druid Ramp alone is a 50/50 if you draw early enough to guarantee the win, Yogg is simply an end-game hail mary for those games you don't get Ramp. Mage is almost balanced but Flamewaker is absurd and puts them over the top.

Problem with Karazhan is it's the most uninteresting Adventure to date with so many critical errors and lack of imagination. We just had LoE and then Old Gods, each of which added so much to the game in terms of creativity, then we get Karazhan which adds practically nothing. No new decks, just a few additions to existing decks. Maybe Rogue is the only real winner with Karazhan but they still lack Healing & Comeback mechanic to be consistent enough.

I'm more salty about the addition of Purify and the lack of defensive mechanisms everyone was clamoring for after losing Healbot / Deathloard / Belcher.

Even with Boom / Shredder / Challenger, at least we had some ways to buy time. Now the meta is a complete aggro fest or pure-RNG simply because we lack defensive capabilities to turn a game around. With Healbot/Belcher back I'm pretty sure nobody would be complaining about most of the RNG stuff.

I'm also pissed Handlock was obliterated. One of the most strategic & fun decks out of the meta for no reason, even when they knew they were adding a 4 mana 7/7.

The game has issues for sure. Mainly developer ineptitude.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea the lack of actual RNG in the game kinda killed it for me. There's too many other options popping up and if I really, really want to spend money on a digital card game I'll probably fall into the Magic Online sinkhole. There's fun in the game to be had but it's so far removed from what I do that I don't see the point anymore. I like my decisions and strategy to pay off.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, Hearthstone would be MUCH better as a deck builder style game, albeit you should still strip a lot of the RNG out or limit it to one "faction". Hearthstone has too many moving parts with too many bad design decisions to hold as a serious CCG it feels like, but tons of options and moving parts are the M.O. for deck builders. Star Realms already beat them to the punch for 1v1 PvP deck builder but it also shows it works really well.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think it is really starting to show up how Hearthstone is pretty flawed and why the tournament scene is pretty much dying at this point.

• 1Like