Hearthstone

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That they're nerfing a TGT card shows a huge problem in their process. I'm not disagreeing with the change. Just...it's been around for a while and is about to rotate out. That you left it around, introduced more powerful shaman cards, and now just finally nerfing it looks really bad.

Charge nerf seems a bit weird. I can understand it from a design space perspective. But warrior OTK decks haven't proven themselves at all. They barely scratch 45% win rate and have bad matchups all over the place.

Littles: basic totems aren't worth 2 mana. They cost two mana, but the stats you get aren't worth 2 mana. Keep in mind the Tuskar himself is only worth 2 mana too. 2 overload is way too harsh.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
OTk should not exist in this game from an empty board state period. In a game where you cannot interact on your opponents turn it was one of the most glaring problems in this game. Being able to make OTK off stealth shenanigans is one thing but from an empty board is just utter bullshit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
OTk should not exist in this game from an empty board state period. In a game where you cannot interact on your opponents turn it was one of the most glaring problems in this game. Being able to make OTK off stealth shenanigans is one thing but from an empty board is just utter bullshit.

Prophet Velen mind blast mind blast embrace the shadows flash heal

The problem card is and always has been THAURISSAN.

• 2Like

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Interesting changes. +1 to get fucked shamans & yogg. But we're probably headed back to warriorstone + tempo mages again. Don't think the execute nerf means much of anything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sure Emp has been the gross combo enabler with shit like OTK and Maly. It doesnt change my point that OTK from an empty board is a gross failure in their design and balancing in the game. Even if the decks aren't good it just shouldn't happen.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sure Emp has been the gross combo enabler with shit like OTK and Maly. It doesnt change my point that OTK from an empty board is a gross failure in their design and balancing in the game. Even if the decks aren't good it just shouldn't happen.

Well you're going to be disappointed as hell because if these changes successfully slow the meta down a bit, Emperor fueled burst finish decks are going to really surge in the meta.

• 1Like

Dragonaut

Molten Core Raider
Good changes. The game will be much healthier after this. Now if they can just stop printing a million RNG cards in every fucking expansion, I'll be genuinely happy with Hearthstone.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'd be very interested in seeing what subset of wins are done by Yogg himself. Because, ideally, you should be playing him only when facing lethal the next turn. So with proper play, the "losses caused by Yogg" should be very little.

If yogg/malygos druid wins ~52%, what percent of that percent do you think is purely by Yogg himself?

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That they're nerfing a TGT card shows a huge problem in their process. I'm not disagreeing with the change. Just...it's been around for a while and is about to rotate out. That you left it around, introduced more powerful shaman cards, and now just finally nerfing it looks really bad.

Charge nerf seems a bit weird. I can understand it from a design space perspective. But warrior OTK decks haven't proven themselves at all. They barely scratch 45% win rate and have bad matchups all over the place..

Yeah, I agree, it goes against their stated reason for nerfing rockbiter (won't rotate like other strong shaman cards). So why is it so important to dump on Tuskarr? He's going to wild where other broken shit will end up, just let it go? Probably because they want to add strong totems in the longer run, which does make sense in a way but its still contradictory to their stated balance approach.

Charge is weird, the fact that the card is one mana actually seems to open up MORE issues. Charging Arcane Giant warrior decks anyone? Sounds fucking awful. Obviously the extra attack is a big part of it but not sure dropping it all the way to one mana was smart.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought the best balance to tuskar would be to keep it the way it is but make it overload 2. That way you're getting 5 mana worth of stuff every time but sometimes you get 6 mana worth.
Yikes, I hate tuskarr as much as the next guy, but for 3 mana overload 2 it would have to be summon a random non-basic totem every time. Card is dead now though outside of maybe evolve decks.
Charge is weird, the fact that the card is one mana actually seems to open up MORE issues. Charging Arcane Giant warrior decks anyone? Sounds fucking awful. Obviously the extra attack is a big part of it but not sure dropping it all the way to one mana was smart.
Ask icehowl how popular charging into minions makes him?

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
A 9 mana card is perhaps not the best example to use.

Reckless Rocketeer gets the same discount and mechanics change. Shadowbolt+1 essentially, not bad, not good, but probably better than the current incarnation. 4 mana Argent Commander? Probably OP since he's used to kill mobs anyway, but you see my point.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I agree, but charging arcane giants is already way stronger now than it will be and its not common at all. I don't think making it weaker will somehow make it more common.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Changes look good. Tough to say if this will shake up the meta drastically. Toning down shaman will allow some other decks to shine but might just mean more dragon warrior.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I agree, but charging arcane giants is already way stronger now than it will be and its not common at all. I don't think making it weaker will somehow make it more common.
Oh, missed that part. Yeah, I don't know how it will make Arcane Giant OTK better.

I like the little thought experiment of "How would this card perform if it could attack minions only and cost 2 less mana?".

• 1Like

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ask icehowl how popular charging into minions makes him?

Yeah, I don't see this comparison because Icehowl perma-can't attack heroes, where arcane golem+charge that cost 0-3 mana who can flip the board state, and leave an enormous threat on the board...

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Saw this on reddit, makes me want to play with the new charge:
Magnataur Alpha+New charge 5 mana deal 5 dmg to 3 minions confuse your opponent maybe get a 5/1 or 5/2 minion

Also can combo with Sylvanas and a number of other big minions.

Might see play in a tempo list.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Boogeymonster!

I look forward to Sandworm + Charge youtube highlights.

Drakonid Crusher maybe? Kraken is 13 from hand.

Might work in grim patron.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Boogeymonster!

I look forward to Sandworm + Charge youtube highlights.

Drakonid Crusher maybe? Kraken is 13 from hand.
Remember can't hit face, battlecry can but may as well play Alex for the same cost, 15 to face and 8 on board

• 1Like