Hearthstone

Vinsent

Lord Nagafen Raider
List only counts 30+ arena runs in a month. Likely there are more, just not playing that often.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
30 arenas in a month is a lot, 1 a day. I usually drag mine out over a week or so lol. Havent done an arena in ages though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I finally stopped playing Arena.

Just way to much luck involved. Having played 100's of Magic drafts and dozens of Arena games has really made me appreciate the Draft system so much more than Arena. While Hearthstone certainly helped the luck factor with the decrease in concern for Mana, they swung clear to the other side of the pendulum for luck with the cards. I realize having heroes makes it problematic for a draft that works like magic to exist but Blizzard could have removed a LOT of the luck elements by drastically restricting the number of cards that are in the pool. I would add also restricting rarity but there are plenty of commons that can change a game and rarity while powerful is not near as powerful as getting the right cards to work together. They should restrict the pool and then rotate the restriction every week. It would add so much to the Arena and allow for skill to be a better guide over getting repeated crap commons with nothing to back them up with. The other thing I would consider is restricting Heroes. Everyone has the sane choices. Yes a player can win 12 games with any hero but you cannot tell me that certain heroes draw a higher chance of winning over other heroes. Level the playing field and then we can gauge skill.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Looking for tips on the djinni priest deck. Can't get it to work at all. Just tons of combo cards sitting in your hand with nothing to do.

• 1Like

Xaven

Molten Core Raider
Looking for tips on the djinni priest deck. Can't get it to work at all. Just tons of combo cards sitting in your hand with nothing to do.

That will happen a lot as it's a very shitty deck. Quick video on how to combo it:

Quick rundown:
A) Play Djinni of Zephyrs (5 Mana)
B) Potion of Madness an enemy (1 Mana, requires appropriate enemy minion)
C) Buff stolen minion with Divine Spirit and Inner Fire, in that order (2 mana, 1 mana).
D) Pray they don't have more than 1 taunt and are low enough in health.
E) Enjoy your new rank of 24!

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I know how the combo works. The deck just feels inept up until that point. I don't see anyone maintains a win rate even approaching 50% with it.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I tried it a few times to clear a priest quest. Should have just stuck with either Reno Dragon or regular dragon. Deck won off being new and unused. As soon as Kripp and others gave it some visibility, everyone found out how easily it is beaten. I won one game out of 3 but got my 40g.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I've discovered Reno N'Zoth priest this season and i've gone from rank 15ish to rank 5 with 2 losses total. I've not been using deck tracker, so i don't have the exact stats, but it's an insane win/loss. The two losses came, one against a high rolling jade shaman, and the other to a lucky as fuck questing rogue. Both losses were against super high rolls. I've not lost a single match against Reno mage, pirate warrior (by far the most prevalent deck on ladder), Reno lock, regular jade-aggro shaman etc. I want to say it's a total of about 25ish games. Aye, not a great sample, but i've never had as much ease playing a deck as i have this one.

I want to say that i made the deck myself, but i'm sure someone else has a similar deck list. I came about it by initially playing Reno dragon priest and getting wrecked - especially by Reno mage and Reno lock. I wanted more end game and figured i'd try N'Zoth. The early game i took from Thijs' Reno dragon priest deck that he used to counter aggro on ladder.

I've opted out of cards like MCT, even though i use Dirty Rat. And have recently added Infested Tauren instead of Barnes. I found that even though i generally got decent results from Barnes, he wasn't performing as well as i'd like. And there would be the odd reveal of what deck i'm playing by him dropping a 1/1 N'Zoth or some such.

Here's the list. I might actually try to get Legend this season.

Reno Priest.png

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
when are you guys playing dirty rat? turn 2? late in the game? I have never played him and NOT gotten totally fucked over.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
when are you guys playing dirty rat? turn 2? late in the game? I have never played him and NOT gotten totally fucked over.

There's really 3 situations where i play Dirty Rat.

1.) Into an opponent's Doomsayer;
2.) When i have a spell that can ensure i will be able to take care of what i pull (ie. sheep, sw:p/d, entomb, etc.)
3.) Desperation (usually when facing death or risking being overwhelmed anyways).

The last option usually happens against pirate warriors. IMO there's no play it on turn 2 or turn X. The situation governs when you play it. Either way, you need to know your opponent's deck well in order to play it almost at any point.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Turn 2 vs aggro decks is fine if you have an AoE already in hand, it's still a 6 health minion and whatever it pulls is very unlikely to have 6+ attack.
Against other reno/control decks you usually want to save for a big brann+rat+AoE/MCT turn or play it into their doomsayer.

Remember that a lot of decks rely on Battlecries so Rat can really benefit you against practically anyone.

I don't understand how you can be "totally fucked" so much, chances are it is beneficial than negative. Biggest negative is pulling a Ragnaros (rarely played) or a Flamewreathed, practically any other pull is a plus.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've discovered Reno N'Zoth priest this season and i've gone from rank 15ish to rank 5 with 2 losses total. I've not been using deck tracker, so i don't have the exact stats, but it's an insane win/loss. The two losses came, one against a high rolling jade shaman, and the other to a lucky as fuck questing rogue. Both losses were against super high rolls. I've not lost a single match against Reno mage, pirate warrior (by far the most prevalent deck on ladder), Reno lock, regular jade-aggro shaman etc. I want to say it's a total of about 25ish games. Aye, not a great sample, but i've never had as much ease playing a deck as i have this one.

I want to say that i made the deck myself, but i'm sure someone else has a similar deck list. I came about it by initially playing Reno dragon priest and getting wrecked - especially by Reno mage and Reno lock. I wanted more end game and figured i'd try N'Zoth. The early game i took from Thijs' Reno dragon priest deck that he used to counter aggro on ladder.

I've opted out of cards like MCT, even though i use Dirty Rat. And have recently added Infested Tauren instead of Barnes. I found that even though i generally got decent results from Barnes, he wasn't performing as well as i'd like. And there would be the odd reveal of what deck i'm playing by him dropping a 1/1 N'Zoth or some such.

Here's the list. I might actually try to get Legend this season.

View attachment 120787

This is a good video from Firebat:

TL;DW: Meta is a 50/50 coinflip from turn 1, which is very unfun. Reno decks have a greater than 50% win rate vs Aggro simply because all you need is Reno. Reno+Greedy is a perfectly fine strategy.

Makes sense with your deck, you have Reno, you likely won the coinflip more often than not against Aggro. The rest of your deck doesn't matter so much. Greedier means you win vs other Reno/Control decks more often.

• 1Like

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Fuck you Blizzard. I am disenchanting the remaining Zoo & Aggro Shaman decks I have. It's the only way to quit this architecturally designed randomly number generated dumpster trash fire of a game.

• 2Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
This is a good video from Firebat:

TL;DW: Meta is a 50/50 coinflip from turn 1, which is very unfun. Reno decks have a greater than 50% win rate vs Aggro simply because all you need is Reno. Reno+Greedy is a perfectly fine strategy.

Makes sense with your deck, you have Reno, you likely won the coinflip more often than not against Aggro. The rest of your deck doesn't matter so much. Greedier means you win vs other Reno/Control decks more often.

I can't quantify it, but i feel that Kazakus has made a bigger difference than Reno. By my feels, i've won more games against aggro without ever drawing or playing Reno. Turn 4 Kazakus, turn 5 4 damage to all minions potion plus whatever effect is basically the game breaker. Not to mention Kazakus and Brann value is just absolutely disgusting against control. This goes without saying that Reno is huge however. But i do note that every time i've lost, i've either not drawn Kazakus or i've gotten shit options for potions.

Overall, the game is in shit shape. I fully agree with the coin flip theory. I just don't think HS:Blizzard give any fucks. I'm sure they're still raking in good profit.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Disenchant your cards, it's the only way to properly quit! Wish I could give someone my 81k dust. No more raging at something that's supposed to recreation.

Now all I need is a replacement game that has a huge community surrounding it so it has a bunch of secondary content like youtube videos, forum threads, and twitch streamers. Need something to watch at work.

• 2Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is a bit of a side topic, but I feel like HS/OW/LoL have warped what people think of as a huge community. There's plenty of games out there that have tens of thousands or more of regular players, but they aren't in the millions like those 3 so they get perceived as "too small" which is ridiculous. I figure if it has a subreddit with a few new threads a day it's probably fine :p

• 1Like

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Disenchant your cards, it's the only way to properly quit! Wish I could give someone my 81k dust. No more raging at something that's supposed to recreation.

Now all I need is a replacement game that has a huge community surrounding it so it has a bunch of secondary content like youtube videos, forum threads, and twitch streamers. Need something to watch at work.
Dota 2...It is a rabbit hole you may never emerge from...

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I guess I should have specified non-competitive. I get buttmad about losing. Yes, I know that eliminates a whole slew of games.

• 1Like
  • 1Smuggly

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Upcoming Balance and Ranked Play Changes • /r/hearthstone

Update 7.1 Ranked Play Changes – Floors

We’re continuously looking for ways to refine the Ranked Play experience. One thing we can do immediately to help the Ranked Play experience is to make the overall climb from rank to rank feel like more an accomplishment once you hit a certain milestone. In order to promote deck experimentation and reduce some of the feelings of ladder anxiety some players may face, we’re introducing additional Ranked Play floors.

Once a player hits Rank 15, 10, or 5, they will no longer be able to de-rank past that rank once it is achieved within a season, similar to the existing floors at Rank 20 and Legend. For example, when a player achieves Rank 15, regardless of how many losses a player accumulates within the season, that player will not de-rank back to 16. We hope this promotes additional deck experimentation between ranks, and that any losses that may occur feel less punishing.

Update 7.1 Balance Changes

With the upcoming update, we will be making balance changes to the following two cards: Small-Time Buccaneer and Spirit Claws.

Small-Time Buccaneer now has 1 Health (Down from 2)

The combination of Small Time Buccaneer and Patches the Pirate has been showing up too often in the meta. Weapon-utilizing classes have been heavily utilizing this combination of cards, especially Shaman, and we’d like to see more diversity in the meta overall. Small Time Buccaneer’s Health will be reduced to 1 to make it easier for additional classes to remove from the board.

Spirit Claws now costs 2 Mana (Up from 1)

Spirit Claws has been a notably powerful Shaman weapon. At one mana, Spirit Claws has been able to capitalize on cards such as Bloodmage Thalnos or the Shaman Hero power to provide extremely efficient minion removal on curve. Increasing its mana by one will slow down Spirit Claws’ ability to curve out as efficiently.

These changes will occur in an upcoming update near the end of February. We’ll see you in the Tavern!

Seems a little late for this stuff, at least for me.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity