Hearthstone

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Played a bunch of games from that rogue quest deck I linked earlier. Loving it, and i honestly think my brew is better than dogs. he uses pirates to help shore up the early game, i like the extra draw, gets me to the quest faster, and then after playing the quest, you can spam the board so damn much they'll never catch up even if they clear it a couple times.

Damn, now I wish I had gotten the rogue quest earlier. I'll have to wait a week or so to pull up enough dust to make it

Edit- used spare epics that are now wild to make the deck. Fun as helll

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been loving murloc shaman, climbed from 20-5 today with it. Here's the list (I just put the crawlers in there because of a bunch of pirate warriors, they were the 3 mana 3/2 discover murloc before)
0CWBAgG.jpg

• 2Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Wow the rogue quest deck is a lot of fun, have to roll with it till people start to hate it up

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Only played the Priest Quest deck. Mind you these were first games this season so I was level 20.

I went 10-2 with it. That's the deck that blizzard provides in the options to make a deck wit no changes on my part.

1 loss was to quest mage, and other to a handlock. I won everything else, 3 were against hunter quest decks, they all completed the quest but ended up conceding after N'Zoth turn, or my quest lady's turn. It seems to lack end game finisher right now. 2 were pirate warrior who weren't fast enough, and I was able to complete quest, like hunter, they both conceded after I complete my quest and played the quest lady. Rest were a mix of paladin, shaman, rogue and warlock. I didn't see any Druids or priests.

The deck is a lot of fun and can surprisingly flood the board prett fast.

First impression was that aggro didn't seem as present as usual but that's usually the case when expansion comes out. Definitly more my style of games anyways. I hope it last.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
God damn. On a roll with a similar murloc shaman deck then had a fucking Hearthstone moment. Have a faggot priest at 6 health and a full board of murlocs. Piece of shit uses that Trapped in Amber card... gets Ysera.

From that Ysera gets the Ysera Awakens... clears the board and I can't recover. I am salty as fuck about that. Rank 8.

• 1Like

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I am not proud of it but I was wrong about the Rogue quest.

It is pretty degenerate (at present time).

I didn't buy any packs because I refuse to support Blizz after the last expansion. I got home last night and decided to fire up Hearthstone just to see what the state of Rogues (my favourite class) are and theorycrafted a Rogue quest deck in my head driving back on the way home.

I crafted the Rogue quest and some Mimic pod and the venomous weapon enchant from some leftover dust I had.

At first I thought of using Illidian and that legendary which spawns 2/2 taunts to generate 5/5s for great value. I would use Ferryman, pandas, Shadowcasters and Shadowstep to bounce my minions to complete the quest. After I played a few games, I realised who stupidly easy it was to complete the quest by turns 5/6 and thought the Illidian and the taunt was unnecessary and decided to go full aggro. 28/30 of my cards turned out to be 3 cost or lower by the end.

I ranked from 20-9 within a few hours with most games towards the end ending before turn 8 after building an ridiculous board after completing the quest. I think the fastest was turn 4 was when I completed the quest.

The decks I had the most trouble with were obviously Pirate Warrior since it is way too fast for the value to come into play but most other decks I was destroying with ease.

I'm sure the meta will shift to counter this deck but at the moment, it is pretty stupid.

Afterwards, I went on reddit to read that Dog reach rank 1 legend using a deck very similar to mine and thought, 'Yeah, bouncing quest Rogue is going to flood the meta'. There are already people calling for nerfs after the first day.

If the meta will turn out to be Pirate Warriors > Quest Rogue > Anti Pirate decks then Yeah, this meta will be as boring as the last one.

After having a bit of fun the first day, I logged off and don't expect to play that much more again after seeing what I already knew and that is the meta will be just as fast as ever. I am so glad that I didn't spend any money on packs and most probably never will again.

• 2Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played a bunch of games from that rogue quest deck I linked earlier. Loving it, and i honestly think my brew is better than dogs. he uses pirates to help shore up the early game, i like the extra draw, gets me to the quest faster, and then after playing the quest, you can spam the board so damn much they'll never catch up even if they clear it a couple times.

Have you already shared your list here or will you?

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
After having a bit of fun the first day, I logged off and don't expect to play that much more again after seeing what I already knew and that is the meta will be just as fast as ever. I am so glad that I didn't spend any money on packs and most probably never will again.

LOL. This guy here.

"OMG meta is so shit, I stomped everyone else's bad decks with my own bad deck!"

Once I knew what to do, I ended up having about a 50% win rate vs the Quest Rogue. Sometimes they can blow you out, sometimes you dont have the answers, but it's not the best deck by any means and finishing the quest isn't an auto win either.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Dear diary...

My first evening in Un'Goro.

Jade Druid: Decent win rate but Hemet was never played, dead card. Had coldlight to fatigue a quest mage and never went against quest rogue, but without sap it should do ok.

Taunt Warrior/N'Zoth Warrior: Can finish quest quickly but main problem is it's a tempo deck and you enter top-deck mode pretty damn fast. Most of the playable taunts are low impack 2-4 mana range so you blow through your hand pretty fast. I deleted my lists, might not be too viable, or need to take a different approach.

Quest Rogue: Fun & fast, doesn't seem too consistent right now, but just needs to be optimized

And lastly, I tried Buff Paladin, which I played the most of because it ended up being so damn fun, I also have a 67% win rate right now. Lost to 2 rogues because I couldn't draw a Pyro or Consecrate both games, but went 3-0 against Pirate Warrior and beat some taunt warriors & quest priests.

I went through 7 versions of the list and am ready to try version 8 tonight. Here's version 8:
Buffadin - Hearthstone Decks

Buffadin
Main Change from version 7 are adding 2x Forbidden Healing.

So this started as a rush quest by having tons of shitty buffs but getting rid of all the shit buffs made it much more consistent and now you rely on Galvadon to finish out the longer control games.

Keep in mind that you don't need to "buff" a minion, you just need to cast a spell on them, so Forbidden Healing & Lay on Hands on a minion will count towards the quest. Cast on Primalfin Champion for double the fun!

Spikeridge Steed on Voraxx dream happened a few times and boy is it fun :D

Kings on Wickerflame happened against a Pirate warrior and he healed me for 18 health.

I got Dinosize from Ivory Knight a couple times and actually used it to finish out 2 games.

It's just fun as hell even if you don't finish the quest, the big buffs with the buff synergy minions is so strong imo. Plenty of healing and AoE to withstand all the cancer right now.

I'll definitely be playing more tonight!

• 2Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got 4 legends in 36 packs. Warlock, priest, warrior legends, and the neutral 9 mana taunt elemental.

I knew I wanted to play discard lock so I made the quest not even knowing what it does and I agree its probably not worth running. Not terribly easy to complete and not very game changing when you do complete it and not worth the 1 mana tempo loss in zoo, maybe its better in a more control oriented version like the game builds you.

Crafted the warrior quest because I like control warrior and wanted to play with my new warrior legend. Went 5/5 with it so far. Why are people saying the warrior quest sucks? Its easy to complete and rag hero power is no joke. Only close game was against an elemental shaman w/ jades that I won because I was conservative with my second brawl. It did well against the questing rogue I ran into as I was able to keep the board clear when he played his quest and then an army of 5/11's and brawl/rag hero power finished him off.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Why are people saying the warrior quest sucks? Its easy to complete and rag hero power is no joke. Only close game was against an elemental shaman w/ jades that I won because I was conservative with my second brawl. It did well against the questing rogue I ran into as I was able to keep the board clear when he played his quest and then an army of 5/11's and brawl/rag hero power finished him off.

Well your own 50% win rate... against other experimental decks.. doesn't exactly show it being strong :D I watched Dog lose to Pirate Warrior and he was playing Taunt Warrior. Lol.
Not saying there wont be a list for it eventually, just didn't seem too strong from my own testing.

I actually found losing your armor up hero power is quite a detriment if you can't close out the game quickly after using the quest

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
5 for 5, 100% win rate. Its only 5 games so I'm not claiming its good, was just wondering what other ppl's experiences were that are claiming it sucks. It was the first night so a lot of people are dicking around the first night, hell I have the new warrior weapon and grapplehammer dude in the deck just because so its not like I'm trying to run optimized either.

I can see the no armor being an issue and as a whole warrior doesn't seem to have a lot of armor up options you would want to run this year, I identified that when building the deck and opted not to run shield slams because I knew I was never going to have a bunch of armor.

• 1Like

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I'm curious about the ratio between 'fuck Wild dust everything' and 'keep all and play some wild'. Personally I only play standard if forced to by a quest, otherwise it's wild all the way. It has more cards we raged about a year or two ago, sure. But at least you see a bit less of the boring meta shit (it's still there ofc).

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Taunt warrior early game isn't threatening at all, the quest is slow as shit to complete, the weapon itself sucks, the hero power is good but inconsistent. You don't have enough reach to kill way gate mages before the blow you up. Quest warlock ruins any chance of your hero power being useful

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
I think the key to beating gate mage in taunt warrior is to get lucky on a Dirty Rat and pull an Apprentice or Archmage.

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got 4 legends in 36 packs. Warlock, priest, warrior legends, and the neutral 9 mana taunt elemental.

I knew I wanted to play discard lock so I made the quest not even knowing what it does and I agree its probably not worth running. Not terribly easy to complete and not very game changing when you do complete it and not worth the 1 mana tempo loss in zoo, maybe its better in a more control oriented version like the game builds you.

How are you guys having issues with the warlock quest? I've played probably 10 games so far with it and I think i've completed the quest 8 out of 10 times. Out of the 8 I think I only lost once and that was against a mirror. Plus its very fast, games hardly even get to turn 10.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think the key to beating gate mage in taunt warrior is to get lucky on a Dirty Rat and pull an Apprentice or Archmage.

They actually dont run too many minions so if you wait till turn 8 or 9 chances are you'll pull one. Gate mage is much easier to counter for sure.
I didn't try it, I want to try a slower list that relies more on minions, but still has quest for that extra turn win.

List I'm planning to test out:
Elemental OTK Mage - Hearthstone Decks

Elemental OTK Mage

Elementals provide a beefier board early game and you get the giant package as a finisher. Less cards required for the OTK than the Antonidas combo, only 3 instead of 6.

• 2Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
How are you guys having issues with the warlock quest? I've played probably 10 games so far with it and I think i've completed the quest 8 out of 10 times. Out of the 8 I think I only lost once and that was against a mirror. Plus its very fast, games hardly even get to turn 10.
In my limited experience with it I completed the quest 1/4 times. Once was against I suspected a pirate warrior and was going first so didn't feel like I could afford to hold onto/play the quest and I was right. The time I did complete it was against a shaman that didn't matter because he aoe swept my board several times and the other two times I just didn't finish the quest in time, pretty sure both times just 1 off, think I won one and lost one of those games. Think I actually had the option to complete the quest in the win, but I chose to win instead, hence why it seems unnecessary.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

Dirty Rat might be very popular if quests becomes very meta. It will hurt the rogue quest too if you pull the minion they are trying to cast 4 off...especially if they started and returned it 2-3 times already...they'll either need the 2nd copy from their deck, or start with a new one either case will slow them, and the rogue deck is very weak without the quest completed.

It won't affect the Priest ability to complete the quest itself, but can hurt them a lot if they were to pull Amara after they completed the quest...deck is still somewhat viable without Amara though, there were a few games I played where I never needed to cast her.

I'm not sure about the other quests since I am not too familiar with them...either how to complete them, or the reward itself...and whether it's the win condition for the deck.

• 1Like