Hearthstone

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Paladins are everywhere and murlocadin is so aids. That Mage deck is so poor vs all Paladin decks, gotta try something else tonight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
paladin match up isnt unwinnable but the miracle rogue one, Auctioneer needs removed rogue has way too many free/nearly free ways to chain draws now/ So they always hit eater of secrets and win. Ive yet to lose to any build of warrior with the mage deck. Feels nice

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
paladin match up isnt unwinnable but the miracle rogue one, Auctioneer needs removed rogue has way too many free/nearly free ways to chain draws now/ So they always hit eater of secrets and win. Ive yet to lose to any build of warrior with the mage deck. Feels nice
Yea I have under 50% winrate vs only Paladin and Rogue. With Paladins about 85% of the meta right now, not worth playing it.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yea I have under 50% winrate vs only Paladin and Rogue. With Paladins about 85% of the meta right now, not worth playing it.

Control Paladin fucked me over as Quest Priest about four times this morning.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
According to VS Live Beta: Data Reaper LIVE (Beta) | Vicious Syndicate (vS)

Highest Win-Rate Decks atm:

(53%) Murloc Paladin
(53%) Mid-Range Paladin
(53%) Pirate Warrior
------
(52%) Freeze Mage
------
(51%) Mid-Range Hunter
(51%) Token Druid
(51%) Burn Mage
------
(50%) Taunt Warrior

If you look at the matchups, Murloc Paladin has only ONE bad matchup: Elemental Shaman.
Also has a couple 50/50 matchups: Taunt Warrior & Token Druid, not too bad tbh.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I know its a card from last set but I cant get over how awesome Potion of Madness is. I had a warlock drop a devilsaur egg on turn 3. I stole it and then shadow word pained it :p Insta concede. So much <3.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Tonight was the night, cruised past the 8th boss easily:

Hearthstone Screenshot 04-19-17 19.57.37.png

2.JPG

3.JPG

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Nice deck. Hyper aggro and key is to hold megasaur for max value. Gained a few wins just now.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
0-10 with paladin murlocs, I would love to hear why this is a good deck.

This is the deck that wrecked me as Burn Mage the night before, so I decided to try it myself.
This deck was ripped from here: NA #3 Legend Murloc Aggro (Advanced Guide) • r/CompetitiveHS

Strength with Murlocs is their synergies, weaknesses is if you can't keep them on board.

Goal is to fiercely protect your murlocs and to establish board control asap.

------
My mulligan strategy was this:
  • Get a 1 drop
  • Get a 2 drop
  • Get a 3 drop
------

1 Drops:

Best 1 drop is Vilefin Inquisitor, it turns your hero power into a murloc generator. Getting murlocs to stick to the board is key, and being able to pop one out every turn means more guarantee to stick one. He's also a 1/3 which is hard to remove early, so very sticky and likely to be there next turn.

Next best is Tidecaller. He can grow big very quickly and needs to be dealt with. If not dealt with in 1-2 turns then you probably win the game.

Chum I rate 3rd, he's 1 health so can be dealt with easily, but he will buff a murloc in hand which is good. If you can wait to play Chum after Steward then he gets Divine Shield.

Grimscale is poor in the beginning, I wouldn't keep him in my opener. He's there to buff multiple murlocs later, it's likely he won't stick to the board early. He's a 1 mana wisp on turn 1, pretty bad.

------

2 Drops:

Hydrologist and Rockpool are definite keeps and very good. Do not play into free trades. If I have Hydrologist AND Rockpool in my hand on turn 2, I play the minion that can survive. If opponent has 2 power on board I'll play a naked Rockpool because he has 3 health. Our goal is to stick murlocs to board, playing into trades is bad.

Bilefin is a great way to protect your other murlocs but playing him alone is pretty weak. he's strongest when combo'd with Steward, both minions get Divine Shield. If you have a 1-drop you can protect, then keep, if you need a 1-drop, then mulligan.

------

3 Drops+:

Everything else is matchup dependent. You NEED a fast start and MUST have a 1 and/or 2 drop(s). So mulligan any 3+ if you don't have a 1. There were several games I did full mulligan and never got a 1 drop but did get a Rockpool which was able to stick due to the 3 health. Sometimes you just don't get 1 drops but it's critical you try to get them. If you see a 1 & 2 drop then you can be greedy and keep a 3+.

Divine Favor is not kept.
Gentle Megasaur is not kept.
Warleader is only kept if you have a 1 & 2 already.
Steward is really good but not kept.
Stonehill is to protect your murlocs, can keep only if you have a 1&2 already.
Tarim makes your weak murlocs into 3/3s that can trade with anything on board, more Tarims from Stonehill is great.
Finja isn't a keep, allows you to get a board back if it's been wiped, or just a bigger board, ideal for using before a Megasaur or while a Steward is on board (1 health murlocs that Finja summons will get Divine Shield).

------

Keep in mind when your opponent has clears and try playing around as best as possible. Using Steward to give Divine Shield before a key turn is great. Brawl will wreck you but can try to Finja after, hero power also a great way to re-establish. Dragonfire Potion and Flamestrike on turns 6 & 7 are late enough where you can hopefully have defenses in place (Divine Shields/Health Buffs/Opponent nearly dead)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just tried out that Murloc Paly deck. I was in "Play" mode. Two players outright quit and the Mage could not keep up. Nice deck.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Got the paladin legendary in a pack today. Going to try a bit of murlocodin maybe. I already have golden paladin but I do not have inquisitor or a second megasaur.

Gonna need to figure some variation out!

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Keep in mind with the Murloc deck I posted, it varies 1 card from the Rank 3 Legend guy... I have Truesilvers instead of Murloc Tidehunter. Mainly this was an oversight when I first made the deck, and only after I went on a crazy win streak did I see the original list lacked Truesilvers.

Truesilver did win me the final game against Priest whom Dragonfire'd my board away but was sitting at 2 health. (I had to draw it with Divine Favor too). It also won me a game against Taunt Warrior as I was able to use weapon to clear off some bodies instead of saccing minions.

However, if you want more murlocs, especially ones that have synergy with Steward, then you may want to add the Tidehunters back in.

Edit:

VS Data shows Murloc Paladin now with the highest overall winrate @ 54%.
Only 2 bad matchups (40% win rate): Control Paladin & Elemental Shaman.

Some 50% matchups too, but that's expected.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I have a hard time not having consecration in that deck. I replaced steward of darkshire with two consecrates since the steward has less value without tidehunters. Not sure if helped. Seesawed back to fucking 5 yesterday after almost hitting 3 (while playing my one true love, the deathrattle priest). This fucking game :(

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Here's the Murloc Paladin write-up from that VS Report:

Murloc Paladin, not to be confused with the Midrange Paladin build that adopts some Murlocs, is a hyper-aggressive archetype that abuses the synergistic low-cost tribe alongside Paladin’s access to some extreme draw effects. Very recently, Newton and Tholwmenos hit #3 and #1 legend with the archetype, respectively, and the deck has exploded at higher levels of play. Tholwmenos’s build is slightly slower, curving out at Tirion, while both builds run Tarim, which is perhaps the best legendary of this expansion. This is a pretty skill-intensive aggressive deck, and should be pretty rewarding if you put in the time to understand its intricacies, as it is very well positioned in the Meta, and might be the strongest deck in the game.

I have a hard time not having consecration in that deck. I replaced steward of darkshire with two consecrates since the steward has less value without tidehunters. Not sure if helped. Seesawed back to fucking 5 yesterday after almost hitting 3 (while playing my one true love, the deathrattle priest). This fucking game :(

Yea, you should put steward back in, that card makes the deck so strong because protecting murlocs is the KEY to success. When I was against it as Mage I would have AoE in hand but it didn't matter because almost every murloc had a divine shield. It just wrecks all AoE except Brawl.

Consecration maybe can be tech choice if you want to counter opponent murloc paladins, not sure what other match you really want it for... Token Druid? The mirror is obviously a 50/50 so tech against the mirror can be smart but I don't see it as necessary for any other match.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Here's the Murloc Paladin write-up from that VS Report:

Yea, you should put steward back in, that card makes the deck so strong because protecting murlocs is the KEY to success. When I was against it as Mage I would have AoE in hand but it didn't matter because almost every murloc had a divine shield. It just wrecks all AoE except Brawl.

Consecration maybe can be tech choice if you want to counter opponent murloc paladins, not sure what other match you really want it for... Token Druid? The mirror is obviously a 50/50 so tech against the mirror can be smart but I don't see it as necessary for any other match.
I had some plan for it. Dont remember what. Was pretty tilted after losing a game due to not going face and trading instead so tried a few different things and then went back to my soothing priest deck.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oh boy few things make me rage more than a Rogue playing Auctioneer on turn 6 then FOUR ADDITIONAL SPELLS WITH ZERO MANA. Proceeds to draw his entire deck on turn seven and fuck me.

• 1Like
  • 1SJW