Hearthstone

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
My best guess is August/Sept.
I think May/June/July are a HCT season (Summer) and the Summer finals are in August (I could be wrong, their website is trash).

So new expansion after playoffs probably makes sense. Could be a late Aug or Early Sept.
And then 3rd expansion in December for holiday season.

But yea, no clue, July would be sweet though, and also makes sense as it gives players a month to figure out decks before playoffs, but maybe not enough time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Four month plan would be early August/early December I guess.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Four month plan would be early August/early December I guess.

Sounds right and it's what they need to do. If we aren't getting adventures, then we need a little time to collect the last expansion before the next one.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds right and it's what they need to do. If we aren't getting adventures, then we need a little time to collect the last expansion before the next one.
yea, I am not in a hurry for next expac. The current meta is fine right now and with 3 expansions it's going to get expensive fast. I've already started saving gold. I want at least 10k before next expac.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I started saving immediately. I had 10kish for packs last time and I have dust coming out of my ass since I don't really just craft shit willy nilly, or hardly at all so far this time.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'd like 10k but I still have several legendaries I really want before I move on.

• 1Like

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'd like 10k but I still have several legendaries I really want before I move on.
I'm betting they add some more murlocs that utterly break the shaman quest, or some more discards that blow up the warlock quest.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'm betting they add some more murlocs that utterly break the shaman quest, or some more discards that blow up the warlock quest.

I'm not sure with Murlocs because of how strong they already are. Also, with them pushing Wild a little bit, it would suck to kill that format even more with one dominant deck. I completely agree with something for warlock. I never thought I'd see no zoo decks on the ladder. I personally was burnt hard by their quest sucking huge ass. Two worthless legends I could have used on actually good decks.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure with Murlocs because of how strong they already are. Also, with them pushing Wild a little bit, it would suck to kill that format even more with one dominant deck. I completely agree with something for warlock. I never thought I'd see no zoo decks on the ladder. I personally was burnt hard by their quest sucking huge ass. Two worthless legends I could have used on actually good decks.

They will probably add more shaman murlocs again, but who knows?

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I completely agree with something for warlock. I never thought I'd see no zoo decks on the ladder. I personally was burnt hard by their quest sucking huge ass. Two worthless legends I could have used on actually good decks.

Of course I opened that quest and Clutchmother, for a class in the dumpster.

But that's why I didn't rush to craft anything either. Seems like the only quests really ending up worthwhile in standard so far are war and rogue, and maybe only rogue if you really really want to play rogue in the first place.

The quest mechanic quickly struck me as a huge (possibly purposeful) dust sink, all those extra legendary cost cards people would be itching to try out on day one. I do see a good bit of quest priests in wild, but otherwise the non-war/rogue quests generally don't seem very viable there either.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Of course I opened that quest and Broodmother, for a class in the dumpster.

But that's why I didn't rush to craft anything either. Seems like the only quests really ending up worthwhile in standard so far are war and rogue, and maybe only rogue if you really really want to play rogue in the first place. The quest mechanic quickly struck me as a huge (possibly purposeful) dust sink, all those extra legendary cost cards people would be itching to try out on day one.

Yep, and you were smart. I was so burned with the previous meta that I ended up getting all but the best one. Pally, druid, shammy, and mage were pulled from packs. I wanted to play lock, hunter, priest, and rogue so crafted those. Double Ozruk and Double Tyrannus ended my list of legends. Didn't get a single regular class legend outside crafted discard turd. Pretty shit luck this time so the legends were my hope for extended play time and some extra variety. Not been too bad though.

Ravishing, yeah that makes sense.

• 1Like

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
My luck with packs was pretty awful this time around. Fortunately the only thing I totally wasted dust on was the Warlock quest. More than anything in this expansion, I burned dust on quite a few different epics.

• 1Like

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
Oh, I'm not saying that they'll make this decision by accurately play-testing and recognizing exactly how devastating it would be to add some game-breaking murlocs that make the game "zoo or death" again. I'm just saying what I would expect from Blizz, given that those two quests didn't really pan out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Oh, I'm not saying that they'll make this decision by accurately play-testing and recognizing exactly how devastating it would be to add some game-breaking murlocs that make the game "zoo or death" again. I'm just saying what I would expect from Blizz, given that those two quests didn't really pan out.

Lol, I like the way you think and agree. Knowing Blizzard, they will definitely brew something broken up next expansion.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Just won the tempostorm cup that was today. Awards 5 HCT pts :D

Battlefy

had to put off getting Legend but maybe soon

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
grats. Start getting a bunch more, you need a lot lol

Yea I'm giving it my best shot for Summer to get as many as possible, see if I can get top 64.

You need around 20 which means win 1 cup per month and get top 200 Legend all 3 months, would be 21 points. Top 64 for Spring everyone with 20 and more got into the qualifiers.

Legend grind will be the hardest part.

Went 18-6 against 6 opponents. 75% win rate. My first match was against #41 Legend player and was the hardest, so close to losing.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The random is strong with this brawl. Nothing usually makes an opponent leave faster than a turn one "0" cost 8/8.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do yourself a favor and don't try any other class in this brawl than hunter.

I'd love to try all classes, but most just flat out lose to a hunter due to them constantly dropping big guys for 0-3 mana.

and of course, everyone is playing hunter.

• 1Like