Hearthstone

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Imo worst cards of the reveal are rebuke, Hunter legend, and priest spell.

Rebuke doesn't fit in any paladin deck... shit for aggro and control doesn't need it... maybe a quest deck would fit it so the tokens live a turn though, that's about it.

Hunter legend is another control card, but maybe payable due to 4mana, but probably still unplayed, doesn't do damage or affect board the turn it's played and is a bad top deck.

priest card is another 3 mana greed card they likely can't fit anywhere.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know, 2 mana after you've established a terrifying board presence to make sure it doesn't just get fucked over by a single spell?

Divine Favor allows you to refill the board after it's cleared, wouldn't it be better to not lose it in the first place?

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Best cards imo are Nightmare Amalgam, witch's apprentice and hagatha.

Amalgam probably the new cancer 3drop and has so much op potential. Works in every tribal deck.... of which there are many. Can enable a multi tribe deck, and possibly other implications. Demonlock, Dragon priest, elemental mage... and multi use in shaman.

Witch's apprentice is a free resource, taunt is annoying, good in token shaman, and can work with multi tribal deck and receive the buffs due to beast tag.

Hagatha provides a nice AoE and in a token deck you can fill your hand with spells... multiple lava bursts etc... should work well in token shaman, also if you run the other shaman hero, you now have an option to use hagatha to overwrite the hero power in case you're in top deck mode and need a resource generator instead.

---
I don't know, 2 mana after you've established a terrifying board presence to make sure it doesn't just get fucked over by a single spell?

Divine Favor allows you to refill the board after it's cleared, wouldn't it be better to not lose it in the first place?

Aggro doesn't want a 2mana card that's a shit top deck and will often be useless. Loatheb had a body, this doesn't, huge difference.

• 1Like

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
priest card is another 3 mana greed card they likely can't fit anywhere.

You don't see the priest card as being a further entrenching of the resurrection bit?

Barnes rotating out is going to kill the current Big Priest gimmick (yay) - but I doubt that they're going to kill off Rez entirely....

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
You don't see the priest card as being a further entrenching of the resurrection bit?

Barnes rotating out is going to kill the current Big Priest gimmick (yay) - but I doubt that they're going to kill off Rez entirely....

It's hard to combo with anything good and if you're doing quest then you run the summon 2x card. I doubt you run both. I'd rather run thoughtsteal over this. What do I want on board with 1 health? I can run the 3/3 legendary dude... with some restriction of course, but I see nothing too powerful yet in priest to run this..

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
RE: Priest spell. You could maybe run it with some of the combo Priest cards for more flexible shenanigans. Stormwind Knight + Divine Spirit + Inner Fire + Vivid Nightmare = 20 charge damage to face for 10 mana. Plenty of other stuff you could pull off with other combinations of charge minions and radiant elemental and Lyra maybe. Doesn't seem bad in that role.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

May be too risky to play. Shaman have a ton of useless fucking spells. Like Totemic Might and you aren't running totems!?

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
RE: Priest spell. You could maybe run it with some of the combo Priest cards for more flexible shenanigans. Stormwind Knight + Divine Spirit + Inner Fire + Vivid Nightmare = 20 charge damage to face for 10 mana. Plenty of other stuff you could pull off with other combinations of charge minions and radiant elemental and Lyra maybe. Doesn't seem bad in that role.

True, you could try shenanigans with a high attack minion, just not sure how you'd do it exactly, or consistency.

• 1Like

Lightning Fast
For the warlock legendary, I could see some meatwagon + summoning portal + Glinda Crowskin shenanigans/memes.

Meatwagon sticks a turn because it's non-threatening. Next turn you kill it, summons a portal. Then you drop Glinda + Spiritsinger and 4 leper gnomes, lol. I'm definitely doing that.

Meatwagon sticks, then pulls a summoning portal. Carnivorous Cube the portal and hope it doesn't get silenced, then kill the cube and do all kinds of crazy shit. Good? Almost certainly not. Funny? Survey says: YES

N'Zoth rotating makes me sad though :(

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
For the warlock legendary, I could see some meatwagon + summoning portal + Glinda Crowskin shenanigans/memes.

Meatwagon sticks a turn because it's non-threatening. Next turn you kill it, summons a portal. Then you drop Glinda + Spiritsinger and 4 leper gnomes, lol. I'm definitely doing that.

Meatwagon sticks, then pulls a summoning portal. Carnivorous Cube the portal and hope it doesn't get silenced, then kill the cube and do all kinds of crazy shit. Good? Almost certainly not. Funny? Survey says: YES

Also combo with Gnomeferatu

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
636577562828784586.png
636577431517925750.png
636577433543584097.png

Lord Godfrey : A better Defile. Will often be a board clear with a 4/4 body remaining for 7 mana. Beats out twisting nether in most cases, especially since it can handle deathrattles. Seems auto-include when not aggrolock.

Muck Hunter : I feel like any "Rush" card will be super hard to evaluate right now. We only have 1 Rush card that never sees play currently, but these new ones seem overstatted and could see play. Muck Hunter will do well in any deck that can erase the 2/1 tokens. Warlock, Warrior, Mage, Shaman, Priest all have cheap removals that might make this card work.

Fluffy Wasp is cute. Really tough to say if it's good enough. Ideal scenario is you play this turn 2 and rush it into a 1/1 or 2/1 token, thus making it a 4/1 or 4/2 and able to trade into the next creature, or cost opponent a removal. But this is a terrible top deck and really bad after turn 2 or without an activator of your own. So in most cases you get no value... but it's an early game minion and warrior typically lack early minion presence. I doubt it can fit anywhere.

• 2Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider

I see her in a zoo list honestly. Because if she sticks around a turn you could just die to six abusive seargents buffing her to hit you in the face for 15.

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I see her in a zoo list honestly. Because if she sticks around a turn you could just die to six abusive seargents buffing her to hit you in the face for 15.
Good point.. Zoo would love to play multiples of a lot of their minions tbh.... wonder if you can discard the echo copy?

• 1Like

Lightning Fast
Fluffy Wasp is cute. Really tough to say if it's good enough. Ideal scenario is you play this turn 2 and rush it into a 1/1 or 2/1 token, thus making it a 4/1 or 4/2 and able to trade into the next creature, or cost opponent a removal. But this is a terrible top deck and really bad after turn 2 or without an activator of your own. So in most cases you get no value... but it's an early game minion and warrior typically lack early minion presence. I doubt it can fit anywhere.

I can see this card working with that card that deals 1 damage to any minion you play for the "enrage" archetype, but it seems bad. 2 cards, to get you an effect of a 2 mana 4/2 with Rush. So 2 cards that basically act to remove a 4 health early game threat, since it can't attack face, and your opponent will likely be able to easily deal with a 2 health minion with their 3 mana if it survives.

Seems bad, unless a warrior tempo archetype emerges, which seems unlikely.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I know i'm super late to the party and off current topic (expac cards), but i wanted to share that i hit legend for the first time... and after my rage disenchanting of my $1,000 collection. :D

Basically had the itch to play and wanted to hit legend. Felt weird that i hadn't been able to do it before.

Grinded from 25 to to 5 with Kingsbane rogue. Standard setup. Then hit a wall, since EU ladder was 50% secret mage and dude/murloc paladin, and those are like <20% win rate for Kingsbane. Switched to secret hunter and basically flew to legend.

Here's the list:
1522179275478.png

Here's some stats from rank 5 onward:
1.png

Hunter stats:
2.png

And the prize:
4.png

Anyways, looking forward to the expansion.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
636577744776737841.png

I can't imagine this being good. Too expensive.
Ideally you want to put 3-4 on board for 6-8 mana... meaning it's not a terrible top-deck, but the 1 health is such a liability.
You can focus down a single-target with this whereas with Hounds you can't, so there's some upside.

I know i'm super late to the party and off current topic (expac cards), but i wanted to share that i hit legend for the first time... and after my rage disenchanting of my $1,000 collection. :D

Basically had the itch to play and wanted to hit legend. Felt weird that i hadn't been able to do it before.

Grinded from 25 to to 5 with Kingsbane rogue. Standard setup. Then hit a wall, since EU ladder was 50% secret mage and dude/murloc paladin, and those are like <20% win rate for Kingsbane. Switched to secret hunter and basically flew to legend.

Here's the list:
View attachment 163729

Here's some stats from rank 5 onward:
View attachment 163731

Hunter stats:
View attachment 163733

And the prize:
View attachment 163732

Anyways, looking forward to the expansion.

Good job!
No Barnes?

I'm rank 3 from just doing quests, the lose 4 rank change made it seem a lot easier this month. I don't plan to grind Legend, but it'd be really funny hitting it casually.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Good job!
No Barnes?

I'm rank 3 from just doing quests, the lose 4 rank change made it seem a lot easier this month. I don't plan to grind Legend, but it'd be really funny hitting it casually.

No dust :D I had spent all of my dust from the $20 3x10 packs for Kingsbane cards (got Kingsbane and Rexxar from packs). The hunter deck is only 3.5k dust total.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I always get excited for this game before an xpack and then I play it.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users