Hearthstone

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I think odd mage is going to be a thing so I might try to get 500 wins (currently at 225/500; not a huge mage fan).

Theorycraft deck
Rastakan Odd-mage - Control Mage - Hearthstone Decks

I'd cut the big spell package and go smaller. Maybe add in cubes for the OTK possibility with clockwork automotons. You might also try some value generators if they're available, I'm not sure without looking.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Interesting interactions Disguised Toast has found already, is he using some emulator or something?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Logged in, opened what few free packs I had. Always enjoyed control warrior so thought I would try new dragon cards. 2nd game in against control mage. Turn 9 fl jaina, cant possibly out control that and no counter play, gg hearthstone.

How did this game go so far south so fast?

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I logged in and spacebar'd my free packs without even looking at the cards. Then I logged out and turned on a stream for 2 minutes and proceeded to watch something else.

We did it boys, we quit Hearthstone. I don't even know what 90% of the cards in this expansion are

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I forgot expansion was today, logging in now for packs then logging out. Thanks bros

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s not going to stay for long but the first week of an expansion is the most fun.
4B531E02-F545-4061-98E7-5920B6BD1BF5.png

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I reinstalled and logged in today, first time in 12 months. I need something to play on my tablet when on the bike in the gym and unfortunately Gwent did a massive patch and totally shit the bed.

I had enough gold to buy 25 packs of the new set and the only leg I opened was a hunter beast that fills your hand with 1 cc creatures. I googled it and it looks like there is a secrets deck with that card and the quest, I did have enough dust to craft the rest of that deck so I should have one playable deck even though I'm missing a years worth of sets.

I started one arena run, the very last card was a choice of 3 legs. Was that luck on my part or did they patch arena in the past year to always give a leg for the last choice?

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I reinstalled and logged in today, first time in 12 months. I need something to play on my tablet when on the bike in the gym and unfortunately Gwent did a massive patch and totally shit the bed.

Surprised you managed Gwent on a tablet at all. Do you mean "shit the bed" in terms of performance or gameplay?

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
its an old surface 3, it doesnt run great but I have everything turned to low and it works good enough.

Gwent completely changed their game, the engine, the cards, the art, everything. I really liked the old game's arena mode and it ran great on my tablet. The new game is totally different, they made it 3d, it runs like shit, looks like shit, plays like shit. So I guess to answer your question - BOTH!

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Both is a valid answer and the one I was expecting. I gave up on Homecoming as well. They took a game that was a few tweaks away from greatness(timing of release not withstanding) and fucked it all up.

They changed the art? I would say the premium card art is the one remaining redeeming quality to Gwent.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I browsed the meta decks to see if anything looked fun this expansion. I got an INKLING of desire to play a couple decks, but... probably won't or can't due to needing to craft too much.

Spell & Secret hunter decks seems strongest and might be cheapest option though. Mainly need Zul'jin.
Looks like there is a more secret focused version and then a spell focused one where you can get 6 huffers on board with Zul'jin
Hearthstone Meta - HSReplay.net

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kotft and k&c power level are going to continue to drag down the meta. Even worse this expansion as you look at a deck and say “do I really want to craft x before it rotates in 4 months?”

Mojo master is going to get shoved in a lot of decks to mitigate dk/combo bullshit.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Only took about a day for this game to remind me how miserable it is. What is the deal with the card or cards that upgrades the opponents hero power on the first goddamn turn? Is that an auto-draw like the quests or is it just my shit luck that all of my opponents are casting this first turn?

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Only took about a day for this game to remind me how miserable it is. What is the deal with the card or cards that upgrades the opponents hero power on the first goddamn turn? Is that an auto-draw like the quests or is it just my shit luck that all of my opponents are casting this first turn?

As long as your deck meets the requirements and has the odd or even legendary in it than at the start of every game it triggers.

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Logged in, opened what few free packs I had. Always enjoyed control warrior so thought I would try new dragon cards. 2nd game in against control mage. Turn 9 fl jaina, cant possibly out control that and no counter play, gg hearthstone.

How did this game go so far south so fast?
Control warrior vet here, you can actually beat a DK Jiana if you get Dr. Boom up. She has limited threats you can anticipate and you can control her elemental generation by just not having stuff to interact with. Eventually she will hit fatigue first and you win.

Hunter is borderline op. Like midrange shaman meta levels, where you have no real weaknesses anymore and the decks that counter you aren't great against other stuff. Looks like arena for me for another three months.

• 2Like