Hearthstone

It feels that blizzard is trying to speed up and scale back the card collecting genre the same way riot did for Mobas. And if it introduces more people (like myself) to the genre, then that should be welcomed because it's not like we were playing MTG to begin with...and it probably means whichever card game u prefer will also just benefit from overall renewed popularity in the genre.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A little late notification, as I got the email hours ago, but apparently a big wave of beta invite emails went out.

I got curious when browsing a site that has keys for sale and saw within the last hour a ton of new keys were posted for sale. Checked my email and bam, there was my beta invite.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I looked at some streams and I don't get what the big deal is. It's like Magic for little children, extremely dumbed down and with only the most fundamental TCG mechanics. The gameplay is so utterly primitive and straight-forward. I guess anything by Blizzard is going to get a lot of attention, but Hearthstone can't possibly become the next big thing, can it? The mechanics, types of cards and general gameplay is just so absolutely basic and one-faceted that it's even less complex than the M:TG Portal newbie starter's package I once got as a kid.
Blizzard taking something for hardcore nerds, making it more accessible and polishing it to a mirror finish?
But thatneverworks!

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
A little late notification, as I got the email hours ago, but apparently a big wave of beta invite emails went out.

I got curious when browsing a site that has keys for sale and saw within the last hour a ton of new keys were posted for sale. Checked my email and bam, there was my beta invite.
Evidently many people who already received a key were given a second key in this last wave. Must be nice to have blizzard just drop $200 in your e-mail box.

Crone

This game is damn fun. Maybe it's the newness, but I'm pretty into all the stuff I have to do when you first get in game.

Unlocking all the heroes is my priority #1!

Add me for some games if you want: Crone #1894

Crone

Decided to level up Mage, as that's the deck that you start with. Hope to maybe get some strategy talk going...

Minions with Taunt, at least as a Mage, are extremely useful. Won a few games at low life, because the other minions/hero were forced to attack my Taunt minions.

Shaman and Warrior seem like the most OP classes. Shaman's totems start to get over whelming, and Warrior's shield that stacks over and over, can get out of hand as well.

Crone

Playing Arena for the first time, as Warrior. Been interesting so far. 2 losses in a row, then a win... hope I can get a few more wins.
smile.png

Edit: Nope, lost. So 1 win, 3 losses on Warrior. Started another Arena as Shaman, and I'm 2 losses, 0 wins so far.
frown.png

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone here just get 347 keys and want to give me one? The pcgamer keys all went before legitimate people could even attempt to get one. This was posted on reddit.

"Throwaway because I will be hunted for this post.

Yes they were taken by people. As soon as they updated their modulehttp://betakeys.pcgamer.com/betakeys/6dkpftg7a9/you could start dispensing codes. This was 3 minutes before it was time to even begin. I am not saying what vulnerability lets you do this, but it involved breaking into the 403'd areas of the server.

If they don't fix this it'll just happen again. I didn't take 350 keys but I did take more than one. Someone else probably was more nefarious about it.

Don't downvote me because you hate me, just letting people know what happened.

EDIT: I got 3 keys for my friends, not for profit. I also e-mailed pc-gamer about the vulnerability. Up to them if they fix it."

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Warrior is one of the worst picks in Arena.

Shamans, Paladins, Mages and Priests are all good picks for Arena.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Anyone here just get 347 keys and want to give me one? The pcgamer keys all went before legitimate people could even attempt to get one. This was posted on reddit.

"Throwaway because I will be hunted for this post.

Yes they were taken by people. As soon as they updated their modulehttp://betakeys.pcgamer.com/betakeys/6dkpftg7a9/you could start dispensing codes. This was 3 minutes before it was time to even begin. I am not saying what vulnerability lets you do this, but it involved breaking into the 403'd areas of the server.

If they don't fix this it'll just happen again. I didn't take 350 keys but I did take more than one. Someone else probably was more nefarious about it.

Don't downvote me because you hate me, just letting people know what happened.

EDIT: I got 3 keys for my friends, not for profit. I also e-mailed pc-gamer about the vulnerability. Up to them if they fix it."
My ears perked up. Maybe one of our forum goers snagged a few?

Crone

Warrior is one of the worst picks in Arena.

Shamans, Paladins, Mages and Priests are all good picks for Arena.
Good to know. I must of been matched up against bad Priests, or bad players, because against Priests I've had the few wins I've been able to get in Arena.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
People are pricing beta keys up to $250.00. They are getting several keys. Really wish they were tied to your b-net account. I really want this beta badly.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'd agree with rogue probably being the best for arena. Combo mechanic is super easy to pull off even with a draft deck, and the free removal/damage from daggers helps a ton. Shaman/druid/mage I'd say are all relatively equal, and possibly paladin as well depending if you can land a couple of those weapons that give +1/+1 to creatures.