Hearthstone

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Doesn't it not send you a notification when you get a friend request while logged in? I know 9/10 friend requests I don't recognize the name and I figure it is because I played them several games ago and just noticed the friend request, usually right before I log off.
There's a notification but it's very easy to miss.

Column_sl

shitlord
Bnet is getting DDOSED right now by the Lizard Squad because they are going after any games Sodapoppin is playing.

Yeah chew on that

Column_sl

shitlord
Heh, now they just took down Twitch during their Town Hall meeting with Amazon. All to get to one streamer. Amusing

Follow

Lizard Squad
?@LizardSquad
Aaaand, Twitch is gone.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I think you can tell whether the stranger is going to have a nice "good game" comment or a "go !@#$ yourself!" comment by the game you play, if you stomp all over them with every answer to everything they put out, expect some rage. If it was a close game with some back and forth the comments aren't bad. I have added a couple people after especially close and fun games just to chat about what just happened.

And yeah fucking ddos, might as well not even bother trying to play tonight, just going to be unstable all night long as they hit sodapoppin, reckful, kripp, and the vapid cleavage-hoes.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I almost added a guy yesterday after I hit him 2 games in a row on ladder and lost first won second. He was playing Control Warrior to my KT Taunt Druid. Was good games, but I just decided I didn't actually feel like talking to anyone lol.

Flank_sl

shitlord
Is there even any skill in DDOS attacks? Download LOIC and go?
I suspect LizardSquad are being a lot more careful than just using someone else's program. They called in a bomb threat the other day just to get Smed's plane redirected to waste his time, so I imagine they think that they cannot be caught, and people have been caught before when using LOIC.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Is there even any skill in DDOS attacks? Download LOIC and go?
LOIC depends on other people running the LOIC also; you can't just download it and nuke somebody without other people pointing their version to a central command to do the DOS part (it also exposes everyone who participates on it). If you're doing DNS amp or NTP amp (which depends on other admins misconfiguring shit) or a botnet, it "can" be harder. Blizz's network team (and/or Security team) should be able to get the list of IPs or if they use Akami/prolexic or someone else for DOS protection they can even get a listing of the IPs.

If they're doing DNS amp or NTP amp, they're going to expose a pile of servers/clusters that aren't configured just for this one DOS. Krebs wrote some shit about how easy massive DDOS is now with the amplification stuff.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I almost added a guy yesterday after I hit him 2 games in a row on ladder and lost first won second. He was playing Control Warrior to my KT Taunt Druid. Was good games, but I just decided I didn't actually feel like talking to anyone lol.
Hi.

Nah, actually almost, but not really, even though we are around the same rank and were playing at the same time. Had the same thing happen with another kt taunt druid although he won the first and I won the second. Basically boiled down to him getting off a money sylvanas the first game and him not having a keeper and me getting off a money sylvanas in the second. Bastard got wild growth in opening hand both games. Sylvanas can really wreck control warrior since they have so many big threats and no silence.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Hi.

Nah, actually almost, but not really, even though we are around the same rank and were playing at the same time. Had the same thing happen with another kt taunt druid although he won the first and I won the second. Basically boiled down to him getting off a money sylvanas the first game and him not having a keeper and me getting off a money sylvanas in the second. Bastard got wild growth in opening hand both games. Sylvanas can really wreck control warrior since they have so many big threats and no silence.
It's funny, that's kind of what decided our games too. He got out Cairne then Sylvanas and I couldn't draw keeper. I got slaughtered. It went the other way after that.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
How bad is it to get to legend rank time wise? Is it worth trying from rank 12 or so with so little time left in the season or should I just wait?

I had never seen a Paladin use Avenging Wrath while I had two Armorsmiths up before. It took forever, and with each additional armor I couldn't help but laugh harder and harder. He conceded 6 shots into his spell.

The Master

Bronze Squire
I had never seen a Paladin use Avenging Wrath while I had two Armorsmiths up before. It took forever, and with each additional armor I couldn't help but laugh harder and harder. He conceded 6 shots into his spell.
I can top that, I had it happen once with 2x Armorsmith and 2x Frothing Berserker on board. Play made zero sense.

@Palum: Rank 5 and onward is a grind because you can't get win streaks anymore and the people you're playing are much better. I think the record from 25 to legend is like 12 hours (set by Kolento, IIRC), but if you think of it as +5 wins per rank from 5 on, how long does it take you to average +5 wins? If you win 60% of your games and each game takes 10 minutes, for every 10 games (1 hour, 40 min) you net +2 wins (because you win six times and lose four). That is ~4 hours per rank, so ~20 hours to get to legend starting at rank 5 for an average player who actually has a win percentage that'll get him to legend eventually.

Adjust for your personal percentages as needed, but I think is close for most people.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
0sKSMgW.gif