Hearthstone

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Unstable Portal doesn't say from your deck. It is probably literally any collectible minion in the game. For 2 mana and 3 less cost, that might work out to be a net win more often than not (not willing to run the math until all the new cards are out). I know I'll be running it when I want to fuck around.
If it is ANY minion in the game, then it's worth it. Even if it only pulls from a pool (say Legendary excluded). If it's deck only, it's no better than Far Sight.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bouncing Blade with Armorsmith and Acolyte is going to be ridiculous. Also it is instant hard removal if the opponent only has a Rag or something on board. That card is going to be ridiculous in control Warrior.
I would assume bouncing blade needs a target to bounce to. For example if your opponent had a boulderfirst ogre and rag on the board it would bounce back and forth until it killed ogre, leaving rag at 1 or 2 depending who it hit first. If your opponent had just rag it would hit rag once, have no target to bounce to, and end. It can't just be a 3 mana assassinate, can it?

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I would assume bouncing blade needs a target to bounce to. For example if your opponent had a boulderfirst ogre and rag on the board it would bounce back and forth until it killed ogre, leaving rag at 1 or 2 depending who it hit first. If your opponent had just rag it would hit rag once, have no target to bounce to, and end. It can't just be a 3 mana assassinate, can it?
3 mana Deadly Shot (kind of, sort of)?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
3 mana random assassinate that hits your own stuff.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
There's nothing to indicate that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone know what Celestial picked game 2 against Firebat? I saw him playing handlock game 3, and I'm trying to understand what kind of crazy asian logic makes you pick anything other than handlock into druid for game 2.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know what Celestial picked game 2 against Firebat? I saw him playing handlock game 3, and I'm trying to understand what kind of crazy asian logic makes you pick anything other than handlock into druid for game 2.
Druid, priest, handlock.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Trying to find the answer to this on Twitter, the only thing I found though was that you can Commanding Shout + Bouncing Blade and it'll be a guaranteed kill on the opponent's minion leaving your guys at >= 1 hp.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Druid, priest, handlock.
Am I crazy or is it really dumb to pick priest over handlock when you're picking into combo druid? Particularly because even if you pick up the win with priest, he's just going to maul you with his miracle rogue.

I mean sure, here I am shit talking the guy who came in second at the world championships when I've never even made it to legendary, but picking handlock into druid seems like fundamental matchup knowledge.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Typically druid has issues with large creatures, so yeah, handlock would normally be the way to go. Not sure if the BM from Firebat distracted him or what. Celest did also see the BGH in the first game but you wouldn't think one card would change your whole draft.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Thinking about it, Firebat brought the most aggressive line up I think. People didn't really bring anti-agro either, with the exception of Priest which can really just out right lose on draw.

The Master

Bronze Squire
If it is ANY minion in the game, then it's worth it. Even if it only pulls from a pool (say Legendary excluded). If it's deck only, it's no better than Far Sight.
It has wording similar to Webspinner and that is any beast you can see in the collection. No reason to see why it'd be different or not include legendaries. Should be fun. And yes, it is a Mage card Bisi.

mures I'm not sure why you think that that. It is equivalent to deadly shot with only one minion on board, seems reasonable. The combos are what is going to make it crazy.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I don't think I'll be able to play this game after the expansion comes out. The RNG already bothered me a bunch, and this is just gonna tip it over the edge =\

MossyBank

N00b
We'll see what the other 90'ish cards bring... my guess is that the RNG/Random cards won't be played much at the higher ends of the ladder in ranked play.. but it's sure gonna make arena an interesting experience.

Personally i'm pretty excited for a drastic change in hearthstone, gonna be fun watching how everything plays out..

Just wish I had more gold stockpiled.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm so terrible in Arena. I don't get it. I can make solid constructed decks and do well there. I don't think it's my actual play. I think I just make terrible decks on the fly. But I'm not sure how to remedy that. I just played three arenas. I won a whopping four games total between them all. I've never won more than five games in Arena. It really pisses me off.

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm so terrible in Arena. I don't get it. I can make solid constructed decks and do well there. I don't think it's my actual play. I think I just make terrible decks on the fly. But I'm not sure how to remedy that. I just played three arenas. I won a whopping four games total between them all. I've never won more than five games in Arena. It really pisses me off.
Try drafting along withArenaValue - Hearthstone Card Value Calculator

I average 6-7 wins per arena and the cards I choosemostlyfollow their recommendations. I might disagree with a card or two per draft. For example, I don't think the algorithm it uses for devaluing duplicate cards actually considers what the card is. If you have 3 Fireballs, it might start suggesting some kinda crappy cards over the 4th Fireball when usually you should just take the 4th Fireball. Not sure if that's been improved recently though since I haven't used arena value in a few months.

But yeah, just draft along with that site, if you draft what it tells you to and you're still averaging 1-2 wins it might be your play. It's a pretty great tool if you feel lost valuating cards within the scope of arena.

Zulst_sl

shitlord
Glad they changed the Mechanical Dragonling to a mech type. Maybe now my Gold Dragonling Mechanic will see some play. Still a shit card, but that's the most fun kind.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Ugh. I'd probably have like 5k gold and 13k dust if I hadn't been working on my collection. I wonder how much I can get in a month if I hit it hard. Probably a couple thousand gold at least

Neph_sl

shitlord
They updated their Facebook album with all the cards shown so far (37 cards). Looking through them, there's a lot of 'random', but nothing that's super unplayable or broken. I'm excited for next month.

There are 7 Spare Part cards (+1 hp, freeze, 1 turn stealth, hp/atk swap, taunt, friendly minion return, +1 hp). I love me some Crazed Alchemist, and getting that effect could swing a game. And really +1 hp/atk seems to me to be the weakest of those Spare Part cards, but they're not terrible. But you really can't plan to get a specific Spare Part considering there are 7 of them.

Enhance-o Mechano seems super strong in zoo as a 4/3/2 that gives all your other minions either windfury, taunt, or divine shield.

Shrinkmeister is a priest only 2/3/2 that reduces atk by 2, good for SW:p.

Gnomish Experimenter is a 3/3/2 with battlecry: draw a card, if it's a minion, turn it into a chicken. It's a pretty high risk card, but could work in a spell heavy deck. I don't really hate it, but I'd be terrified to play it.