Hearthstone

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Doesn't seem to be viable from Australia, costs 64.99 for 40 packs worth of coins, and doesn't look like there's the refund of 50%. Not that I can really throw down that kinda money on Hearthstone anyway, maybe after Christmas. =D
There's a guide to doing it from any country. I did it here in the UK with American USD.

Dr. Boom is such incredible value. I wonder if he will eventually get nerfed. If the bots were 0/1 and exploded at the beginning of your next turn or something like that, he'd be fine. But as he is, he's a 9/9 for 7 with 2-8 extra damage? Holy shit.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
There's a guide to doing it from any country.
It's more about the state of the aussie dollar that's the issue, it'd end up costing about 120 to get 147 packs, which is still a decent deal -- I just don't have that kind scratch to throw around on a new game.

Started doing Arena with the freebie you get, I'm 1/2 with a fairly average Druid deck (priest/warlock/priest l/w/w) -- really enjoying Hearthstone though. Probably helps that I've got thousands of MtG hours.

Also doesn't look that hard to Rank to 20 to get the card back with is my goal for starting out (even if I'm using a Rogue).

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My opponent had 29 health.
I had 3 health.
He had a nice board.
I had one giant.

Dropped this then he conceded.

rrr_img_85857.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
frost nova, suicide a leper gnome, ping

next turn frost nova ping

next turn you lose

SUCKA

that board + hand is fucking hysterical though.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
It could've easily turned very badly. In hidsight I should've just put a couple giants up, kept an extra echo, left a spot for an alex self-hp buff, and echo for another alex when I had the chance.

I just couldn't resist
wink.png
even if I lost.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It could've easily turned very badly. In hidsight I should've just put a couple giants up, kept an extra echo, left a spot for an alex self-hp buff, and echo for another alex when I had the chance.

I just couldn't resist
wink.png
even if I lost.
Well you spotted the mistake you made, even if it would have been a one in a bajillion for the guy to have blizzard + nova or double nova, so that's all that needed to be said.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Man I am 7-0 with a Warlock right now that has a Kezan Mystic and I've been holding it in my hand all game hoping to use one on one of the many Mages I've played, but not a single one has dropped a secret yet
frown.png

I love being able to Lifetap without a thought because you have 2 Antique Healbots in your deck. Good stuff. Warlocks with 2 Healbots and a Kezan Mystic or two in their Arena deck sure are unstoppable. An Ooze helps too. You have amazing tools for your weak matchups, and the rest you roll over.

Just had a hilarious game where because I had a Venture Co Mercenary out and only 3 cards in my hand, my Paladin opponent felt comfortable dropping a Fel Reaver. So next turn I Mortal Coil his Silver Hand Recruit, draw into a another creature. I crash my Venture Co into his Fel Reaver and drop a Bloodsail Raider and a Flame Imp and Soulfire his face as my last card and then lifetap into another Mortal Coil and finish off the Fel Reaver. Goodbye 18 cards of your deck.

I didn't think it'd get this far with no late game, but fuck me it is so good in the current Arena meta, even if it's slower these days. For whatever reason, it's rocking faces. I guess it's all the utility. 2 Mortal Coils, 2 Soulfires, 2 Shadow Bolts, 1 Ironbeak Owl, 1 Explosive Sheep, 1 Kezan Mystic and two Fel Cannons. I have come close to fatigue twice though, because I just lifetap nonstop

My seemingly unstoppable Warlock Arena:

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I've seen a version of Handlock floating around running 2 Ogre Brutes and other, assorted, Handlock cards. But I can't seem to find the source on it?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Been running my priest alot for the sheer joy of dropping Light Bomb on Echo mages.

So much fun.
I don't do well facing the latest mega slow control priest with my echo mage.

Also, those heal-all-to-full druids can be nasty with an aggro deck.

The Master

Bronze Squire
I've seen a version of Handlock floating around running 2 Ogre Brutes and other, assorted, Handlock cards. But I can't seem to find the source on it?
Got top 20 legend with Handlock, decklist + card discussion. : CompetitiveHS

Is where people got the idea, he only runs one though. There has been a lot of debate about straight up replacing Ancient Watchers with Brutes. I don't think it is a good idea, the one health really matters, but maybe it works out.

I posted a step-by-step procedure on the last page. Not sure if it's still active though.

Edit: Just checked, looks like it's still alive.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
After two fruitless days of trying to get in on the US amazon deal, the promotion becomes available in Europe as well. Of course we get to pay through the nose compared to the $ prices, but I guess I get "free" health care for that. Bought 178 packs (67 classic and 111 GvG) that yielded the following legendaries:

Malorne (nice)
Vol'jin
Tirion
Malorne (meh)
Neptulon
Bolvar
Mogor
Alex
Jaraxxus
Vol'jin (sigh)

I didnt have any of them before this purchase so I'm especially happy with the classic pulls, beats a 4th Gruul. Getting doubles on two GvG legendaries was lame though. Anyway, I was wondering what the odds for a legendary are, did I luck out on volume or is that average or worse?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Average is supposedly somewhere slightly above 1/20, so you're a bit above average for legend pulls with a 10/178 run.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Just need to clarify this: If you reach Rank 20, you get the card back at the end of December, right?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Thanks all for the help, I ended up grabbing some cheap itunes cards and buying Naxx + 14 packs (7 of each). Played the Rogue up to 10, did 2 ranked games, won one, lost the next. Did the freebie Arena (druid) got 4 wins before I crapped out, fired up a Warlock and got smashed 1/3. Had a blast.

I started a Paladin deck (based on Gavins suggestion to not play Rogue), just a level 10 basic deck and went straight to R20 with it.