Heavy odor in a car. Any suggestion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I have gone through a lot of different products and methods (charcoal, steam clean, odour eliminating spray, box of baking soda) and I still cant seem to find a solution.

Any idea.

Odor is probably fish oil....something...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
If you can't get rid of it, try masking it with something like vanilla extract, a drop or two.

• 1Quality Calories

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Are you sure it's not just the stench of failure?

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 7 users

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
https://www.amazon.com/Ozium-Sanitizer-Airborne-Eliminates-Freshener/dp/B0143M9KP6

one day I went to starbucks and grabbed my gf (now wife) a latte with the intent of bringing it to her work. I walked to my car, stepping in, and it slips out of my hand, i'm just holding the lid now, and the entire thing pours out under my driver seat.

latte is like 90% milk. day later, it's horrid. i can't shampoo it really because so much of the liquid went under my seat, not where I could reach.

A friend recommended this spray, got it from Walmart or Target. I just unloaded it under the seat and around, and it was completely gone next time i got in the car. magic.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ozone generator, plug it in and close the door. Depending on how fubar the smell is could take 24 hours or so but it will remove any smell. Kinda pricey but if you have a few cars that smell like the devil's asshole it's worth it.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Johnny probably has suggestions on getting horrid fish smells out of a car.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

Also it depends on "what" is smelling and what is causing the smell.

in a car, there are many "things" that cause the smell. My van had what my wife calls "Man B.O." I changed the cabin air filter with charcoal lined ones every month or 2 and it always came back, and it would all come back eventually- the filter was just...umm filtering it, not the cause of it.

The car itself was not holding the smell, we could vac and clean and treat the carpets etc. - I used ozium but once it got "in the system" is was still there and it seemed like just a mask.

So then I found https://www.amazon.com/Lubegard-96030-Evaporator-Heater-Cleaner/dp/B0007PHD0S

This cleans your AC/s innards and the coils. If it is really really bad, get 2 and do it from the inside access and the outside access.

So I used the coil cleaner, replaced the cabin air filter and used ozium for any general cabin stuff like kids leaving random food crap in the car or carpet areas that are dirty. After doing all of this and very thorough - it was nice and kept smelling neutral.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
Also it depends on "what" is smelling and what is causing the smell.

in a car, there are many "things" that cause the smell. My van had what my wife calls "Man B.O." I changed the cabin air filter with charcoal lined ones every month or 2 and it always came back, and it would all come back eventually- the filter was just...umm filtering it, not the cause of it.

The car itself was not holding the smell, we could vac and clean and treat the carpets etc. - I used ozium but once it got "in the system" is was still there and it seemed like just a mask.

So then I found https://www.amazon.com/Lubegard-96030-Evaporator-Heater-Cleaner/dp/B0007PHD0S

This cleans your AC/s innards and the coils. If it is really really bad, get 2 and do it from the inside access and the outside access.

So I used the coil cleaner, replaced the cabin air filter and used ozium for any general cabin stuff like kids leaving random food crap in the car or carpet areas that are dirty. After doing all of this and very thorough - it was nice and kept smelling neutral.
Its definitely coming from the rear cargo space. We flipped over the compartment that was covering the smell and there are white residues below it.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
Ozone generator, plug it in and close the door. Depending on how fubar the smell is could take 24 hours or so but it will remove any smell. Kinda pricey but if you have a few cars that smell like the devil's asshole it's worth it.
I was talking about that with the controller.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
https://www.amazon.com/Ozium-Sanitizer-Airborne-Eliminates-Freshener/dp/B0143M9KP6

one day I went to starbucks and grabbed my gf (now wife) a latte with the intent of bringing it to her work. I walked to my car, stepping in, and it slips out of my hand, i'm just holding the lid now, and the entire thing pours out under my driver seat.

latte is like 90% milk. day later, it's horrid. i can't shampoo it really because so much of the liquid went under my seat, not where I could reach.

A friend recommended this spray, got it from Walmart or Target. I just unloaded it under the seat and around, and it was completely gone next time i got in the car. magic.
Aw shit... 30 bucks in canada 10 bucks in us...i might pick a lot up once we cross there for some vacation..

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I have one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G62N5S...rd_i=ozone&pd_rd_r=1RWS1VYD2YHMH99TZJX1&psc=1

I do a lot of woodworking, and the smell of stain and polyurethane aren't nice. I do all my work, then run that thing over night, and come back to the shop and it smells fresh like a rain forest. I also use it in our vehicles. The kids often eat various things when going from school to hockey or soccer or whatever, and they inevitably spill something. Every couple of months I'll run this thing for a couple hours in the car with all the windows closed, and there is no lingering smell. Smells like new car.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Google this, putting a can off Coffee in the car to soak up smells. I dont know if they need to be grounded or just beans.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Take the dead body of the women who wouldn't sleep with you out of the fucking trunk.

• 4Worf
  • 2Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider

Ozium is incredible. Everyone should have atleast a can of this in their house at all times especially if you have animals and/or kids. It amazes me at what this shit can get rid of.