Hellboy (2019)

Cybsled

I wanted to see a proper wrap up to the Del Toro Hellboy ;( Although as others have pointed out, Hellboy 2 ended on a decent enough note.

If they do a hard R reboot, I wonder if they plan to play it closer to the source material.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Earlier this year ...

The fact that the studio is moving forward with a reboot would suggest that Perlman probably wasn't down with playing the role again.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I love the Del Toro/Perlman Hellboy movies, but as much as I like Perlman he is too old for this now, especially if they are planning on a new trilogy since that means let's say 1 movie every 3 years, means at least 9 years till the last one...he would be way too old by then. If all they were planning is 1 more movie to finish the trilogy, then he would be fine still.

I'm looking forward to a rated R Hellboy though.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Earlier this year ...

The fact that the studio is moving forward with a reboot would suggest that Perlman probably wasn't down with playing the role again.
That seems kind of hard to believe. Perlman was practically begging to play it again, he was drumming up support for it for years, and he mentioned it on Nerdist a couple of times.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The descent? What a horrible movie lol
And no Ron Pearlman? Wuttttt??!?!?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Man, if they can capture the "feel" that the Hellboy movies gave then Im all game. The art and look of some of the stuff in those movies cheesed me out so bad. Then, out of no where, I feel sorry for a 40 foot tall plant dying. I wanted more than anything to see it go into a trilogy, but heres to hoping for this reboot I guess?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Man, if they can capture the "feel" that the Hellboy movies gave then Im all game. The art and look of some of the stuff in those movies cheesed me out so bad. Then, out of no where, I feel sorry for a 40 foot tall plant dying. I wanted more than anything to see it go into a trilogy, but heres to hoping for this reboot I guess?
second movie had some super cheese moments, but it also had stuff like an empathetic villain. enough so he made hellboy look like the asshole.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I liked the second one a lot. Villain was not black and white and you could understand his motivation. As Daidraco said above, the plant scene was very well done and so was the end.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dave Harbour has the look and the screen presence to play it, I've seen most of his movies.

But I don't know about his voice and delivery. The director is going to have to be careful.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That seems kind of hard to believe. Perlman was practically begging to play it again, he was drumming up support for it for years, and he mentioned it on Nerdist a couple of times.

yeah, perlman owns a home not too far from here and dude dresses up as hellboy to go bar hopping.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
A Hellboy film without Del Toro and Perlman is no bueno.

• 2Solidarity

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
It's all over the news, gets on my tits. Who fucking cares? They've got a black chick to play a redheaded Irish lass but if shes good at the part who cares? IT's not like it's a history film.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I really liked the first Hellboy movie, and the second one was fine. I hadn't seen this thread before. Now I am slightly sad.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
don't be. As much as i love the first 2 movies, this could actually end up turning this franchise around.

• 2Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
First pic still looks like Perlman's Hellboy, but the second is definitely the new actor.
Your First Look at the New Hellboy! - SuperHeroHype

I like the look of that but I do wonder about one thing; how well is Harbour going to be able to act in that because he's completely unrecognizable, so there's a lot of prosthetics going on there. Perlman had the advantage of having played The Beast for a while and his makeup for Hellboy was even a few turns of the dial back from that.