Hellboy (2019)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I didn’t realize Pearlman was 68?! I saw him and others at Comic-con in Kingsport and they all looked pretty good but I guess I get it.

Still, it’s kinda “his” role. It’s too soon to abandon him and besides that, I thought the tone was really awkward.

I’ll have to wait and see what people say about this one. I don’t mind Hopper getting his opportunities but this is a fairly iconic mantle in terms of character and actor at least for now.
if GDT had made Hellboy3 instead of that Pacific Rim movie they could have pulled it off. even Perlman whined forever that he wanted to do HB3 really bad. i agreed with him, he wasnt getting any younger and with the huge breaks GDT takes between movies, it was pretty clear that Perlman was just too fucking old after 2013. keep in mind Hellboy2 was ten years ago already and GDT only directed 3 movies since then.

Fedor

<Banned>
in a dusty black coat with a yellow right hand

6ij8hlS.png

• 8Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 11 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
^^^

As per the NPC bot response = " he knew Weinstein was raping . . . "

I can read from that that Perlman simply could tell that the guy was a piece of shit. In fact it's likely too that GDT had told him of how weinstein had screwed him over while making Mimic.

Since perlman worked with GDT I'm sure that he had gotten the full story.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
^^^

As per the NPC bot response = " he knew Weinstein was raping . . . "

I can read from that that Perlman simply could tell that the guy was a piece of shit. In fact it's likely too that GDT had told him of how weinstein had screwed him over while making Mimic.

Since perlman worked with GDT I'm sure that he had gotten the full story.
Feels over facts my guy. If you think someone's shitty, you have to publicly call them a rapist or you're literally a rapist.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It doesn't look bad, but there's something off about it. Maybe I just need to get used to the new look for Hellboy, and tone for the movie.

The trailer didn't make me excited to see it though, so on that point the trailer failed to do it's job.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
His little frightened dance he does when he was accidentally shot at annoys me.

Why does it annoy me

• 1Like

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Harbour seems pretty shitty in this role after the trailer, almost as if he's not acting but his everyday persona is the sheriff from Stranger Things and now he's the sheriff from Stranger Things just caked in weird makeup that makes it look like Hellboy had a stroke. Looks like this is missing a lot of post effects since his tail appears and disappears at random during so I guess that there's hope but his portrayal is pretty lacking despite the fact that everything else looks good.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
So all the political faggot nonsense aside. It really is a shame Perlman isn't going to be Hellboy because holy shit does the trailer for this new movie feel awful. The action looks interesting but the CGI is dogshit, Hellboy looks off and sounds like a fucking queer and the forces jokes fall real fucking flat. I hate Hollywood.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So all the political faggot nonsense aside. It really is a shame Perlman isn't going to be Hellboy because holy shit does the trailer for this new movie feel awful. The action looks interesting but the CGI is dogshit, Hellboy looks off and sounds like a fucking queer and the forces jokes fall real fucking flat. I hate Hollywood.
I blame del toro. he abandoned the franchise, maybe the studio wouldnt greenlight it because the last one didnt meet expectations. or he just wasnt feeling it anymore and couldnt come up with a satisfactory third film. for whatever reason he just didnt do it and so he made his Kaiju movie. I'm sure Perlman was crushed because that was his signature role. he's never been much more than a character actor for his entire career. now he's too old and washed up and just cries all day on twitter about the president. he's pretty pathetic now.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I blame del toro. he abandoned the franchise, maybe the studio wouldnt greenlight it because the last one didnt meet expectations. or he just wasnt feeling it anymore and couldnt come up with a satisfactory third film. for whatever reason he just didnt do it and so he made his Kaiju movie. I'm sure Perlman was crushed because that was his signature role. he's never been much more than a character actor for his entire career. now he's too old and washed up and just cries all day on twitter about the president. he's pretty pathetic now.

Can't blame Del Toro, it was all money. He had everything for a 3rd Hellboy but funding/studio interest.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Can't blame Del Toro, it was all money. He had everything for a 3rd Hellboy but funding/studio interest.
i figured it was one or the other. funny how they squash the third film, but approve a garbage tier reboot.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This does not look good unfortunately. Unless some newer trailers grab me or word of mouth is great I'll probably pass.

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks like some kind of slap stick Superhero comedy, I think that's a bad thing for this movie.

• 1Dislike

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Well I guess in this movie David Harbour gets to punch all those people he talked about.

Looks okay, in an epic special effects kind of way, but I expect it to be full of political shit if Harbour agreed to the role. With his assistants being a black girl and an Asian guy, it is already looking up.

And I hate myself for always seeing that in everything entertainment now. I hate that today's society has made me note the racial cross section of everything. Fuck you, society.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
And I hate myself for always seeing that in everything entertainment now. I hate that today's society has made me note the racial cross section of everything. Fuck you, society.

Yeah... it even eeks into watching older stuff. You notice just how damn different things were and how stories were structured around it all. I'm watching Xena as background noise recently and even something so full of feminist style concepts is mild compared to normal shows now.

When a show/movie comes out and it's free of all the ideology concerns, it's a breath of fresh air and it's immediately noticeable. This is unlikely to be any of that.