Hellboy (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was a little better than the majority made it out to seem. I was hesitant to even watch this movie given how much this movie was dog piled on. There were cringe moments but I loved the hard R aspect with the violence. The CGI could have been better. I enjoyed when the large demons came up and just started laying waste to everything. I could have watched that aspect for another hour. Its worth the download.

Fucker

Log Wizard
This movie was fucking awful. I'm a huge fan of Del Toro's movies and the comics but, yikes, the fuck was wrong with them. Hellboy looks like he had a stroke and just never quite recovered. Harbor's voice just doesn't fit. The story was fine, it's the comics basically, but something was just wrong with it, like the pacing or something fucked it up. And the CGI was shockingly bad. Super disappointing.

Jovovich was good, McShane was good, that's about the only redeeming things I saw in it.

I just got this from Netflix. Turned off after 20 minutes.

0/10.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I stayed away from this due to this thread, but we got to see some really cool shit. It has problems but if you want to see Hellboy universe this hit the major lore and decent stand alone movie. Seeing a peak into what the world would be like if he ended it, baba yaga stuff etc. Worth watching.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This will quickly revolve around who they pick to play Hellboy. Makes or breaks the movie.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Lemme guess, Hellboy will be a secondary character in his own film. With the film setting up a new generation of characters that are for the modern audience.

• 1Worf

Goatface

flipped through the crooked man, looks like it could be made super cheap. couple cabins, church, some hillbillies and witches.

Lemme guess, Hellboy will be a secondary character in his own film. With the film setting up a new generation of characters that are for the modern audience.

the story is set in the south in the 50's. sure they will be able to add an extra bunch of racism

=====
with how bad the last one did, sorta surprised anyone would fund another

1676652385372.png

iirc, del torro wanted $120mil to do hellboy 3 and he tried to get it done for like 8 years. he said something about if pacific rim 2 did well it could get funding, but it didn't. he gave up then it went to another production company.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brad2770

Instead of German Nazis summoning him, it will be MAGA Nazis that bring forth the red demon baby.

• 1Like

Cybsled

flipped through the crooked man, looks like it could be made super cheap. couple cabins, church, some hillbillies and witches.

the story is set in the south in the 50's. sure they will be able to add an extra bunch of racism

=====
with how bad the last one did, sorta surprised anyone would fund another

View attachment 459308

iirc, del torro wanted $120mil to do hellboy 3 and he tried to get it done for like 8 years. he said something about if pacific rim 2 did well it could get funding, but it didn't. he gave up then it went to another production company.

Del Torro never getting to do Hellboy 3 is such a travesty. They even did an animated version of the never finished post Hellboy 2 scene where it showed this arctic base full of nazi robots and Rasputin's ghost appearing, which would have been the presumed plot of the next movie.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Del Torro never getting to do Hellboy 3 is such a travesty. They even did an animated version of the never finished post Hellboy 2 scene where it showed this arctic base full of nazi robots and Rasputin's ghost appearing, which would have been the presumed plot of the next movie.
Problem was the Hellboy movies didn't do great at the box office.

Cybsled

If you look at the example above, Hellboy 2 made 2x it's production budget. Although with Hollywood accounting, I'm sure that was twisted into they made nothing on the film. Either that or they didn't feel Hellboy 3 with a 120m budget would have made back the same ratio.

Hellboy 2 was such a fun movie as well.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I loved all of the different creatures. My favorite had to be the

1676851096054.png

It was such a strange but wonderful creature. That is the kind of thing that makes watching a movie a lot of fun.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
If you look at the example above, Hellboy 2 made 2x it's production budget. Although with Hollywood accounting, I'm sure that was twisted into they made nothing on the film. Either that or they didn't feel Hellboy 3 with a 120m budget would have made back the same ratio.

You also pretty much double the production budget with marketing. Which is why people were laughing at the Rock when he was spouting how much money Black Adam made.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the Del Toro Hellboy movies. The reboot sucked tranny dick tho.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He kind of looks the part.

1677780909847.png

I think with proper prep he could bulk up for the part. Also his face is the right shape. Will have to see how he is written in with the dialogue and then how he plays it. I am glad that it does appear they thought out the lead at least.