Hellboy (2019)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What was it called?
In 1536, in Veracruz, Mexico, during the Inquisition, an alchemist builds a mysterious and sophisticated device named Cronos to provide eternal life to the owner. In the present days, the antiques dealer Jesus Gris finds Cronos hidden inside an ancient statue while cleaning it with his granddaughter Aurora. He accidentally triggers the device and soon his wife Mercedes and he note that he has a younger appearance. Out of the blue, the stranger Angel de la Guardia visits Gris's shop and buys the old statue. On the next day, Gris finds his shop trashed and Angel's card on the floor. He pays a visit to Angel that introduces him to the eccentric millionaire De la Guardia that explains the healing power and the eternal life given by Cronos. Angel is sent by De la Guardia to hunt down Gris to get Cronos no matter the costs.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cronos was an alright movie.

Pans Labyrinth is like a 9.5/10 movie for what it was. Practically perfect movie given its setting, lore, drama, music, etc.

Cronos is like a 6/10. Above average but nothing mind blowing or anything.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Pans Labyrinth is like a 9.5/10 movie for what it was. Practically perfect movie given its setting, lore, drama, music, etc.

its not an iconic film, but if you like vampire flicks i would recommend it. Perlman is a lot of fun in it, as usual he plays the villain.

Fedor

<Banned>
1de.jpg

ron-perlman-follow-perimutations-hey-there-lil-donnie-i-betcha-43636076.png

SRrsPor.jpg

0leWurk.png

ron-perlman-perlmutations-follow-yo-donnie-dip-shit-know-what-43347441.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah he lost his shit, it doesnt take away from his earlier work. what these guys dont tell you is they are massively butthurt about being hasbeens in the industry and flinging the doodoo and the poopoo at the President is the only way they think they can stay relevant. "maybe if i try to be edgy and hip guillermo will call me and put me in the next Hellboy film! somebody please give me work, i'm not too old now, i swear!"

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yeah he lost his shit, it doesnt take away from his earlier work. what these guys dont tell you is they are massively butthurt about being hasbeens in the industry and flinging the doodoo and the poopoo at the President is the only way they think they can stay relevant. "maybe if i try to be edgy and hip guillermo will call me and put me in the next Hellboy film! somebody please give me work, i'm not too old now, i swear!"
yea, honestly all of hollywood is like pearlman, they all have TDS, they all think that way, he just puts it out there.

fucking in the captain marvel thread, that bland cunt said her hero is michelle obama. hypocritically girl power bitch views a man as someone to look up to.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Sitting at 11% right now on RT and apparently the CGI is straight garbage. I'm blowing a free movie ticket on this because I love Hellboy but man, I was already prepping for disappointment before reading some of the reviews and now it looks even more bleak. FML.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Sitting at 11% right now on RT and apparently the CGI is straight garbage. I'm blowing a free movie ticket on this because I love Hellboy but man, I was already prepping for disappointment before reading some of the reviews and now it looks even more bleak. FML.
Not that surprised. Unfortunate, though. Sounds like it's gonna be another Punisher: War Zone...

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider

You know what else got a shitty review on RT, Silent Hill @30%. I'm not looking for an Oscar worthy movie here, just some mindless fun.

• 1Solidarity

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider

9.5, more like 5.5

It's on my queue but I saw it in theaters and again on DVD when that came out.
It was visual. But had minimal substance and was ultimately boring. His other creations seem to be derivations of it. Yeah they're creepy but his style is very samey. A thing will be really cool, but then be reused to nauseum.
He's basically a very talented Pinterest/Etsy content creator with a director's platform.

But I'll give it another try

• 1EyeRoll

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Maybe it's because I'm tired, but these made me laugh way too hard

Jesus, yeah, this stuff is hilarious in a cringy way. He's gone full Randy Quaid. You don't go full Randy Quaid.

Also that Cronos movie is about 0.1% from being qualified to be on RLM's Best of the Worst. Also, I have no idea how I have never heard of this movie because I was it's core audience when it came out....!?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Apparently 2, out of the 16, producers on the movie had a beef with the director. They fired the director's cinematographer as a way to show him he wasn't in charge. Then they would give actors different directions then what the director was giving. Even more... Ian McShane and David Harbour were apparently rewriting their own lines and shit. This sounds like Fantastic Four levels of fuck up.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
i read that too. it doesn't sound good, but I'm not looking for an oscar worthy movie here. I'm looking for Hellboy monsters/witchcraft/occult shit that is at least faithful to the source. We'll see.