Helldivers II

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cool game. But yeah queue is incredibly annoying. Was good all week but this weekend cannot get in.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, tonight's the longest I've ever waited, probably pull the plug on it and do something else. Need to setup an Enshrouded server among other things for a LAN next weekend anyways, guess I'll stop putting that off.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Got in a group with a random steam friend I dont know and 2 of his buddies and played for 6 hours no issues. Good times finally. Grind without all those bonuses slow, esp since we were doing medium/challenging as they were newer.

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
What your girl should be saying:

Oh I immediately sent that to my wife, she's baby crazy right now so this could lead to fun, and now we wait.
Now We Wait GIF by Fargo

• 1Double Worf

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I just ran around an automaton scientist extraction mission at the marked position for 10 minutes and couldn't find the terminal to begin the event. Nobody told the automatons that though.

edit: there is no start terminal jesus christ

Last edited:

Daidraco

Matchmaking fubar again. Hit me up if you wanna spread some democracy!
So .. whats the progression on the game? Is it something you can group with new people easily? I keep wanting to buy the game, and within minutes of deciding I want it - I realize people are in queues and I cant even play even if I did buy it.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So .. whats the progression on the game? Is it something you can group with new people easily? I keep wanting to buy the game, and within minutes of deciding I want it - I realize people are in queues and I cant even play even if I did buy it.

I'd hold off til you could for sure play without issue, it's very addictive and once you get a taste it's all you want to do.

You can hit some harder missions with them straight out of the box, like level 5 or 6 which means it won't be boring. They'll level up faster that way as well. Once they get some strategem unlocks you can do whatever you want. Fun zone appears to be level 6-7. 8 and 9 turn into insanity if you aren't properly equipped for them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, if you have a friend in game, you can join them from your friends list and skip right over the login queue.

Hekotat

Hello, everyone! Our production director has a brief update about the upcoming week for HD2:

Hello there Helldivers! We have improvements rolling out this week focused on the most serious problems in the game: login, matchmaking, and server load. You will see one update for PC and PS5 tomorrow, though please keep in mind that no single update will solve all the issues. Rather, we will be making continuous improvements over the days and weeks to come. We're all working hard to make sure that the game is a stable place to spread Managed Democracy to every planet in the galaxy. Thank you as always, Alex B.

Raptor123

Trakanon Raider
How does this compare to Darktide? besides 3rd person vs 1st. Got group of buddies we enjoy Darktide but looking for something new

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's not really any meaningful progression. There are levels that unlock more things, but most things are all side upgrades and not actually getting more powerful. And you can buy different weapons and strategems (things like airstrikes or turrets) but once again, they're not necessarily more powerful. Everything just gives you more options for how to play the game. Which, in theory, does make you more powerful as you can mix and match, but gun B isn't better than gun A just because you unlock it at level 15 versus level 1.

It's really just fun blasting shit and barely making it out as you call in everything you possibly can to hold off until you can extract.

• 1Like

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I know it's early and connection and matchmaking issues are abundant but how's this game for pugs? My friends list is small and don't play these kinds of games so I'd be reliant on random in-game and/or discord pick up groups.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I'd compare it to playing Left 4 Dead solo. Can still be a ton of fun, but add 3 friends and it's a whole new experience and you can take on so much more.

It's not great for pugs right now with the matchmaking having issues (and thats putting it nicely). It's perfectly playable solo, but you have a ceiling on your difficulty because at some point there are just too many and they're too big for one player to reasonably handle. I'm sure some are doing it, but most of us aren't those guys.

Hekotat

How does this compare to Darktide? besides 3rd person vs 1st. Got group of buddies we enjoy Darktide but looking for something new

I wouldn't even say they are comparable in a gameplay sense. I honestly can't say I've ever played anything comparable to this one.

They've somehow perfected the male war fantasy with the perfect balance of feeling the pressure of battle, the satisfaction of mowing them down and somehow extracting by the skin of your teeth. Especially the missions that start out fine and then 10 mins in it's absolute chaos just trying to survive.

The 2 current factions have completely different playstyles and tactics. I personally prefer facing the Automatons due tot he military tactics and feeling like you're in a crazy star wars battle.

• 1Like

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Is the difficulty scale up like 4 people = 4x solo or do you need close coordination and complimentary skills to make 4 people = >4x solo power. I don't mind playing with randoms but how much "teamwork" is required? Are there split objectives that require actual brain cells or can 4 people mostly have success just sticking together and watching each other's backs?

Hekotat

Is the difficulty scale up like 4 people = 4x solo or do you need close coordination and complimentary skills to make 4 people = >4x solo power. I don't mind playing with randoms but how much "teamwork" is required? Are there split objectives that require actual brain cells or can 4 people mostly have success just sticking together and watching each other's backs?

It can be done just depends on what you find as "fun". I have a friend that solo's level 9s but it seems like he's just kiting everything the entire time and not fighting. That's not a way I like to play but whatever.

The fights don't appear to scale at this time whether you have 1 person or 4, you are getting fucked with the same amount of spawns. Playing with 4 is the way to go, preferably with friends for the comedic shit going on. I wouldn't even try with pugs til the server issues are resolved. Game hit 409k concurrent players they better figure this shit out soon, lol.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
There's not really any meaningful progression[...] most things are all side upgrades and not actually getting more powerful. [...] you can buy different weapons and strategems (things like airstrikes or turrets) but once again, they're not necessarily more powerful. [...] you can mix and match, but gun B isn't better than gun A just because you unlock it at level 15 versus level 1.

The railgun you unlock at level 20 would like to have a word.

There is no team or level scaling. It's all based on the difficulty of the mission you choose.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I think the meta might shift once they change things up. I was told using the eagle smoke screen ability makes the scientist extraction event a bit easier since it hides the NPCs from the robots and they don’t get giga murdered