Helldivers II

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've been trying out some lesser used stuff a little disappointed in progression items. Tesla gun seems to have to be pretty close to be effective. I bought the spear and couldn't get it to lock on to anything. The Tesla turret just got shat upon by bots and didn't seem to kill much. I hear a lot of people say they like the rail gun but you have to reload on every shot. I know each thing has weaknesses...

Basically, I am bringing a Devastator, Eagle Cluster, Mortar, Autocannon, and one free slot to tweak strategy, usually either another turret or strike. Mortar is king right now and will probably be nerfed. You get a lot of FF with it but it is clutch.

I agree that they're going to have to get armor fixed, items rebalanced, and more content out fast or this game is going to flame out in a month. It's a lot of fun but people are flying through the progression and there isn't a lot of content to look forward to.
Mortar? Lol kill your self .( in Game this is not an actual directive in violation of forum rules)

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

The spear has a weird lock-on mechanic. It is distance based and has a very narrow "Lock-on" zone. Imagine your target is in the middle of a donut, your lock-on range is the dough but very narrow, you have to stay within that zone in order to lock-on. You have to compensate for the target moving and things like Bile Titans can move out of range in 1-2 steps so you have to be quick. Once you get it down it's very good but the expendables are better for everything due to the low cooldown time and ability to drop them for friends. They need to widen the range for the lock-on for sure, maybe double/triple the current distance.

EDIT: You have to be a lot closer than you think for it to lock-on as well.

We did a Strategems scrambled modified mission last night, we thought it would change the directions to call them in, NOPE, it calls in random strategems. I killed myself multiple times with eagle strikes, lol.
Will it at least 1 shot titan/ tank, if not pretty pointless over running rail/ expend

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Will it at least 1 shot titan/ tank, if not pretty pointless over running rail/ expend

It will one shot a bile titan if it's coming right at you. I never tried against a tank.

There is no reason to take it over the expendable. If they buff the lock on range I'd take it for titans.

Sludig

20 is such a huge breakpoint in power. Personal shield is huge, you basically ignore small terrain damage. works on bugs despite the description.

So shield and rail gun is half your stuff. I like the rail Cannon for an immediate heavy kill but long cooldown. I might drop it. I don't like the 500lb bomb as you got to get it pretty perfect or else a charger will live with some health left, will only close bug holes with a near hit so you can't drop it between a cluster of 3.

Since emp affects bugs, and resets quick probably needs another look.

Just can't decide on the syringe I like, used to care most about heavy kills by think I'm ready to go back to a lighter attack because I lost my medium armor horde clear of the auto cannon because the rail makes solo killing multiple chargers so easy. I would still use the ac but using the back pack is just too big a loss.

All turrets salt agree pointless on any kind of harder difficulty

Sludig

It will one shot a bile titan if it's coming right at you. I never tried against a tank.

There is no reason to take it over the expendable. If they buff the lock on range I'd take it for titans.
That was kinda my thought is maybe take just for the kill multiple titan missions but even on paper without lock on it doesn't make sense needing lock on, back pack, etc

Cybsled

Shield backpack is nice, but I like the guard rover for bug missions. The laser beam kills all the small bugs pretty fast (saving ammo) and you can kite shit with it since it keeps firing behind you even as you run and it is effectively infinite ammo.

• 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Mortar? Lol kill your self .( in Game this is not an actual directive in violation of forum rules)

Mortars are FF machines but they can be worth it because absolutely fuck up the enemies. The key is to keep moving and keep the baddies at a distance.

Even then I may kill you as a teammate occasionally but your life is a sacrifice I am willing to make in defense of Liberty.

• 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Shield backpack is nice, but I like the guard rover for bug missions. The laser beam kills all the small bugs pretty fast (saving ammo) and you can kite shit with it since it keeps firing behind you even as you run and it is effectively infinite ammo.

I was thinking about this last night. I prefer the active defense of the Rover over a the passive defense of a shield. One reason is that the Rover is whittling down trains when you're OM to a new objective (or just kiting to try to stay alive). It can be clutch when you're low on ammo/strats.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING COOL!!!!!

I also met a cool pubbie and we are kicking ass!

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING COOL!!!!!

I also met a cool pubbie and we are kicking ass!
Kamala Harris GIF by GIPHY News

• 1Worf

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
We did Helldive difficulty runs for the first time yesterday and it was a blast. So hectic and chaotic, laughing our ass off, squeaking out of missions, literally diving into the evac ship by the skin of our teeth.

If you want a fast and easy way to earn XP and credits, get everyone together with mortar turrets and rocket turrets, and drop in on Automaton Exterminate missions. Have everyone drop down there mortars and rockets as soon as everything starts coming in, and profit. Usually takes 3-5 minutes to clear the whole thing even on Helldive difficulty, we actually used this method to get the only pistols achievement last night on Helldive.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
We did Helldive difficulty runs for the first time yesterday and it was a blast. So hectic and chaotic, laughing our ass off, squeaking out of missions, literally diving into the evac ship by the skin of our teeth.

If you want a fast and easy way to earn XP and credits, get everyone together with mortar turrets and rocket turrets, and drop in on Automaton Exterminate missions. Have everyone drop down there mortars and rockets as soon as everything starts coming in, and profit. Usually takes 3-5 minutes to clear the whole thing even on Helldive difficulty, we actually used this method to get the only pistols achievement last night on Helldive.

You can level really fast and get tons of medals that way but it is not nearly as fun. I assume they did it that way on purpose.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
You can level really fast and get tons of medals that way but it is not nearly as fun. I assume they did it that way on purpose.
We were trying to get a friend caught up with us. He hasn't had as much time to play due to real life stuff and was still only level 8.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Just got this, fucked around with a few friends on it, I really like it.

got to level 7, unlocked a few guns and a few new strategems. the grind is real it seems like. COol though. Seeing lots of people in weird armor that isnt in the store for me, assuming thos are dailys or weeklys I missed.

Whats the deal with no Daily Orders? I did one for kills with anti material Rifle and then nada.

Sludig

Well... they're daily.
I havn't had a daily in quite some time

Breakdown Breakdown Start playing and clearing challenging at least if you can to speed it up a little. Disposable rocket until auto cannon, and get creative with the rare charger. Lv 8 and 12 and 20 iirc are kinda the big unlocks at various levels for major stuff. Anything above challenging ideally imo needs at least 1-2 lv 20's or else having 3-4 chargers on the field at once can get quite challenging.

Cybsled

got to level 7, unlocked a few guns and a few new strategems. the grind is real it seems like. COol though. Seeing lots of people in weird armor that isnt in the store for me, assuming thos are dailys or weeklys I missed.

Grind is much faster at higher difficulties since you get major XP multipliers

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I kept hearing this was fun and picked it up. It was rather humbling to get my !@#$ kicked in on trivial difficulty. I was trying to play solo. Lesson learned I guess lol. Only issue I've really run into is the in game in-game voice comms. They just don't work. I heard a couple guys talking... to ..um. someone but it wasn't anyone in the group, so not sure what was going on there. One guy was talking to either vent or discord and I could hear him in game but nobody could hear me. *shrug*

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users