Helldivers II

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I haven't messed with the Democracy Protects armor yet to comment on that passive but as it is, armor would have to provide a pretty noticeable benefit for me to change off scout. That waypoint radar is too useful for my playstyle.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finally in pubs unlocked the last one b4 helldiver. Hope they dont nerf helldiver b4 I get there.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hell of a game, now that they got the server issues (mostly) fixed. Best coop game in a long time. :emoji_thumbsup:

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is this good if you aren’t playing in static groups? My playtime is erratic as fuck so would likely just be playing in PUGs. I’m guessing PUGs are pretty hit or miss like other lobby games.

Cybsled

PUGs can be hit or miss, but you can still have fun with them. Best PUG I had everyone was like level 40+, shit ran like clockwork

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
I play in PUGs since I lost my friends group years ago when I had kids and they didn't - it's hit or miss, but better than most games. I've added a few people to my friends list and the game is good about letting you join them, but its way better when everyone is on a Mic and working together for a few missions so you can select your gear to be complimentary.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
My experience with PUGs is that you get a decent one about 1 in 5, meaning they'll be competent and sufficiently geared to complete the mission at whatever difficulty. If you get into a shit one, you can usually tell straight away and drop out.

It is, however, a much better experience with friends. One reason is that PUGs do not tend to communicate much. It's okay because I honestly don't feel like chatting with random tards any more than they do so I just use the coms wheel 95% of the time. But, with friends, you really get into a Shoot, Move, Communicate zone that takes the teamwork fun to a whole new level. Like at difficulty levels 8/9, constant coms and cooperation makes it a lot more enjoyable.

For example, you may decide you're too low on reinforcements to try for extra objectives and you just need to bail. Your friends will probably be able to reach an agreement, pull the plug on it, and head to extraction. PUGs, who fucking knows.

It's just a much richer experience with friends. Plus, with friends, you tend to just laugh at FF whereas in PUGs it can start to piss you off.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
For example, you may decide you're too low on reinforcements to try for extra objectives and you just need to bail. Your friends will probably be able to reach an agreement, pull the plug on it, and head to extraction. PUGs, who fucking knows.
This is the only significant pug issue I run into at medium difficulties. Use too many reinforcements, but that's not that big an issue in and of itself. But then people insist on closing every bug hole, die far away with no reinforcements left and lose out on some samples. Nothing game breaking but frustrating when it happens repeatedly.

Cybsled

Even if you don’t have a mic, a lot of players are on PC and can see the text chat

I’ll usually say we should stick to main obj if we’re burning too many reinforcements and people usually acknowledge that. It’s easy to overlook how many reinforcements you actually have

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've played both ways. It's definitely more fun with the bros, but this is such a good game that PUGS are still fun.

Maybe I've been lucky, but I've only come across one annoying person who was blasting rap and crying about friendly fire through his mic. Easy mute. There's also the occasional person who just runs off to do their own thing and doesn't help the other three. Most of the time people have worked together pretty well.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I've played both ways.

Close Up Flirting GIF

• 5Worf
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 6 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I keep wanting to buy this because of the hype, but then I watch videos and they all look like full auto bullet sponge 24/7. What am I missing?

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
That it is fun full auto bullet sponge.

You die in hilarious ways. You buddies die in hilarious ways. You lose fights. You blow shit up.
You kill many things for Managed Democracy!
And the glory of Super Earth!
Have a cup of Liber-Tea!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I keep wanting to buy this because of the hype, but then I watch videos and they all look like full auto bullet sponge 24/7. What am I missing?
The intense anal, obviously.
Get in here, there are bugs and automatons that need to be liberated with your balls.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

Watching is not the same as playing. This is not a purchase you would regret.