Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
1709747144582.png

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Expendables, lowest cooldown in the game, 40 secs or so with the last module upgrade and it drops 2. Take a second weapon to use in the meantime, drop when needed. They are so powerful and everyone sleeps on them.

Apparently flame thrower roasts chargers now.

Ads railgun and you can see the charge up meter.
I tried it that way, don't like it. Get glued to where you dropped them often not needing the second right away. Little sloppy aiming speed so a little easier to have a miss the spot, and at longer ranges has drop, and when you have 3 heavies spawn like chargers, your going to even say get 2 but still holding your dick on the 3rd. Usually followed by 3 more before you've recuperate.

With new stuff coming, I wonder if they don't actually intend 8/9 right now to be rather punishing because they were assuming power gains of having stuff like mech in the future.

But baring laser/ flame suddenly rocking chargers, I think 6/7 is most you want to play for now.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I tried it that way, don't like it. Get glued to where you dropped them often not needing the second right away. Little sloppy aiming speed so a little easier to have a miss the spot, and at longer ranges has drop, and when you have 3 heavies spawn like chargers, your going to even say get 2 but still holding your dick on the 3rd. Usually followed by 3 more before you've recuperate.

With new stuff coming, I wonder if they don't actually intend 8/9 right now to be rather punishing because they were assuming power gains of having stuff like mech in the future.

But baring laser/ flame suddenly rocking chargers, I think 6/7 is most you want to play for now.

You act like you're the only guy on the team...

Cybsled

Unsafe rail takes like 3-4 shots to disable leg armor on a charger now

Honestly they need to make the charger’s ass a weak point. Everyone when they start think it is because it seems intuitive, but it isn’t. At least to regular guns. You could unload like 3 clips of the breaker shotty there and it still wouldn’t die

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Maybe I was just unlucky with the PUGs I got, but the game feels harder now. People are fucking around trying out different stuff (as I was) and Chargers are an even bigger pain in the dick now. No rail gun so bring a Spear, for example. That consumes a backpack slot so no Rover for trash. It's lock functionality is janky as fuck so you better hope he isn't close. If he is, then you're stuck with whatever shitty primary you have trying to knock out his armor because L33t_Boi_98 is probably over the pass trying to get his shit back for the third time.

Suddenly 2 Chargers and a Bile Titan go from manageable with a couple of players with Rails to a real problem. It takes much tighter coordination and communication to manage that when half your team is Winchester and it's 1:30 on the Resupply drop. Not the strong suit of PUGs.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah, I dunno how manageable 6-7s will be anymore when we don’t really have the same tools for clearing spitters and chargers while they still throw 4-8 of them at a time at us.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

They definitely turned up the difficulty or something. Bugs are more spread out, acting differently and much more chargers/titans.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Robots are even crazier now, half map insta-gibs with rockets. Can't even see them.

Just had a PUG lose on level 5. Not only were the newbs dying to bugs, there fucking METEORS falling from the sky that randomly kill you. We took 4 or 5 deaths just from those. Nothing you can do about it as far as I can tell. Just BOOM. Dead. Complete retardation.

Hekotat

Just had a PUG lose on level 5. Not only were the newbs dying to bugs, there fucking METEORS falling from the sky that randomly kill you. We took 4 or 5 deaths just from those. Nothing you can do about it as far as I can tell. Just BOOM. Dead. Complete retardation.

They will drop on extractions too. They definitely beefed things up, I can't blame the rail gun either because my crew rarely ran one.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
lol yeah, had a meteor storm on the one I did tonight. Fragged a couple of us.

The planet I was on was like the moon and very low angle lighting, looked awesome. Reminded me of the black and white planet from the last Thor movie.

Image doesn't do it justice because I was playing w/ HDR on (before i fixed my HUD brightness)

1709782906199.png

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played a bunch today testing out various builds. The railgun still has a very strong role against spitters, bile titans, and especially automatons. However, you need somebody that can deal with chargers and tanks. Few things I found:

1. As recommended here, anti-tank worked really well as an additional weapon. A lot of draw backs tho, if you use it with rail and backpack, that is three slots committed to weapons. It also doesn’t 1-shot chargers but does take off armor making them easy to clean up. Only 2 shots, so if several are up, you are SOL.

2. flamethrower is super strong now but useless against titans. It roasts chargers tho. Strong against spitters but very dangerous due to proximity. I can see it having a role in an organized group.

3. laser canon is also really strong now and way better against spitters. Not as strong against chargers but still very effective.

4. Punisher is an interesting weapon now. The stagger on it is pretty incredible. You can keep most enemies pushed back. Not good at clearing the field though due to rate of fire and single shell reload. It dominates stalkers, just paralyzes them.

5. Breaker is still really good but you notice the 3 less shells per clip.

6. The nerf to railgun has increased the value of orbital laser. It is great to just throw that and clear out a few heavies since you cannot control them with rail.

7. autocanon is also more valuable now too since it can handle heavier but still the backpack draw back.

8. Shield backpack nerf is pretty marginal. Just ~12 seconds to recharge instead of ~6 isn’t a big deal.

Overall, I think the changes are good because they will force groups to organize more complementary builds and force more build diversity. More support weapons have a place in the higher difficulties now. It may take a while for that to filter through pugs tho, which will be frustrating for a time.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Reddit says you can see a constricting ball of light on the ground prior to a meteor strike. One more thing to keep track of. It crosses the line into annoying.

I have been experimenting with the arc gun. One person carrying this and a rover can be pretty effective at clearing trash. It has the advantage of not being ammo limited and also is safer then the flamethrower, which still has a role.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Funny, I just got comfortable with 7s and figured out how to use the railgun effectively. Oh well, at least I wasn't attached to it yet even though it was nice not having to fear chargers and titans. I haven't had time to play the new patch yet but I'm seeing people say the laser may be the new meta but requires more testing. Maybe I'll try out the 120 orbital since it got a buff and unlock those upgrades now.

The arcgun was getting a lot of hate because people kept team killing but if you understand positioning it can be really strong. Also, you don't have to full charge it after the first shot and can spam shots faster. It ignores armor, has decent range, and hits multiple targets if they are in close proximity. I haven't tried it with others but if multiple people run it it just melts chargers.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Biggest problem today is all the low levels joining groups for level 7+. Level 12s have no business doing 7s.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

People are so salty about the Railgun lol. Also meta is the stupidest shit on the planet, just play what is fun.

Also, it's a co-op game not a solo run around and win game.

• 1Like