Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sounds hot.
Thats Good Robert Deniro GIF

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
They published a mea culpa on difficulty and said they would tone it down but it already seems like they have. I was able to completed 7s with PUGs yesterday without any real trouble. Probably part of it is that people are figuring out how to build a team loadout so that you can get through a mission. I have seen very few rail guns.

Cybsled

Railguns are still decent for bots - i felt like i was getting fucked by the increased strategem cooldowns and deployment modifiers

I tried the single shot shotty - its powerful but slow

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still run railgun most of the time. It’s the most versatile support weapon that lets you use a backpack. Going for full charge unsafe just adds to the fun.

I love the flamethrower but it’s just too dangerous against spitters and terminators in general.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
CEO had to apologize about it though, because the reddit retard brigade cried like a bunch of faggots.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've been kinda saying ems field probably needs more play. But last several times my mech been buffed and can't melee, best I figure is maybe it's the free one can't but using the 2 use purchased one works?

Cybsled

I've been kinda saying ems field probably needs more play. But last several times my mech been buffed and can't melee, best I figure is maybe it's the free one can't but using the 2 use purchased one works?

The free one can stomp - you press F near an enemy and the mech will stomp its foot down

Sludig

The free one can stomp - you press F near an enemy and the mech will stomp its foot down
Right. but even without an enemy I had been able to stomp, but the last few games wasn't working, enemy or not.

Shmoopy

You can queue solo with randoms, but I wouldn't go above Challenging or the XP won't be worth the time.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
I want to see if anyone else has been noticing this, or if it is just something I am getting wrong...

When I started Helldivers I didn't really like it. Bullet hell, constant fights. Then I had a good group who actually avoided patrols, played smart and did objectives without feeling the need to be in constant non stop gun battles. I realized the game actually rewarded smart, tactical play and I began to have a lot of enjoyment and played with friends mostly.

Lately, it seems like a lot of the smarter gameplay elements are being punished. Stealth and ambushing patrols still works, if you get them all quick enough which is nice. But, if we try to break contact it seems like it is borderline impossible. You have to kill all of the aggro'd group or they never stop. I noticed it clearly today when I did a quick solo to clear out a mission set before it expired. I hit an objective, killed most the stuff than ran like hell in my scout uniform to get out. I am minutes gone from the area, checking my map when the small guys I hadn't killed all come rolling in having chased me hundreds of meters. This wasn't a random patrol or such cause they knew right where I was even though I was hidden in a rock formation. There was none of that initial mob animation and reaction when they discover you.

Also, distractions no longer seem to work. Throwing a mortar and gun sentry out on the opposite side far from you can still pull them away, but where as before if we weren't in the AO once they were finished with the turrets they'd kinda fuck off, now they seem to turn to us. Even if we haven't fired a shot. Hell, I've had them aggro on people that were not the ones that threw the sentries nor fired a shot.

Lastly, random 'spawns'. I broke off from our group to do a quick secondary obj and then moved to the extraction point to wait for the group to catch up. As I was watching them move towards the extraction I was seeing patrols spawn out of no where in their line of travel multiple times. And not far away either, within 100m just out of LOS behind a rock or a building.

The last most egregious one was the opposite where they arrived at the extraction and I was off to do a secondary real quick and they were in the extraction holding the perimeter waiting for me to return. They hadn't triggered extract yet cause they were waiting for me and a random patrol spawned in the middle of their position. Just appeared. No bug hole, no dropship. Just poof.

Add to this extractions now seem to be an instant horde mode, even if you have cleared out the surrounding area. I had heard that the game developers were wanting to limit stealth game play, but a friend of mine commented that it seemed they are pushing more towards a L4D style game and actively working to hinder 'smart' tactical gameplay.

I am left with a feel that they have a way they 'want the game played' and its more like the youtube videos of constant non stop action. Those are cool when it happens cause we fuck up and don't get all the mobs in an ambush or our base attacks strategems bounce (LoL) and they live long enough to call for reinforcements and it turns into a hairball. Fair enough. But now it seems like they force the big furball battles no matter what.

Anyone else seeing this shit or am I smoking something?

Raptor123

Trakanon Raider
Game has a definite zombie chain agro effect. I was camping on rock with scout uniform and just started messing with stuff. Dropped a resupply out from me and saw a patrol do a 180 and come from hell far away to check it out. they left after a bit and me not shooting at them. I find it pretty cool but in pug groups its hard to get people to not shoot at anything they see and man that can turn into a slog at higher levels as zombie chain just keeps giving.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Not taking care of nests first also increase spawns and patrols. One straggler can also spawn breaches which in turn can keep chaining if not taken care of.

You take out the nests near and around the objective first it helps reduce all the chaos. Also keep in mind the closer you get the harder and more shit they throw at you.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
Not taking care of nests first also increase spawns and patrols. One straggler can also spawn breaches which in turn can keep chaining if not taken care of.

You take out the nests near and around the objective first it helps reduce all the chaos. Also keep in mind the closer you get the harder and more shit they throw at you.
I understand stragglers spawning breaches and the robots that shoot off the flares. What I am talking about is the game just spawning in patrols out of thin air. I never remember that prior, but since this patch I keep seeing it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I understand stragglers spawning breaches and the robots that shoot off the flares. What I am talking about is the game just spawning in patrols out of thin air. I never remember that prior, but since this patch I keep seeing it.

Ah, I did not ice some of that as well. Got decapped a few times.