Helldivers II

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
These guys are the king of inventing new missions that just aren't fun to play.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oops, change my last post. Maybe giving up on my rail

At least in diffuclty 7+, my railgun is now taking 3-4 shots to open the leg on a charger, and that's overcharged.... wtf.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I one tapped 3 chargers with the 500kg earlier today. Feelsgoodman.

They really need to buff its damage radius though. The damage falloff isn't anywhere near where the explosion radius is.

• 2Solidarity

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Kinda felt nice doing a lv 9 helldiver w/ just 3 people. Ya that new mission and that wasn't a fun mix.

Cybsled

I think they nerfed the difficulty a little too much at difficulty 7 - I played a few games and we never once ran into any "oh shit" moments.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Seems like each new patch adds a new bug for me to experience. Yesterday, I loaded up a game and when I landed I noticed my main and secondary weapon had reverted back to the starting guns. I've also experienced a few complete game crashes. Another odd one was when I was in a fight and running then the screen went black for a split second to just reappear in my ship. It happened so fast that I was still running. I received no "your host left" or "you were kicked message." Past that I'm still enjoying the game.

I can't figure out what I like as a load out now. Nothing feels right. So far Slugger, Airstrike and sometimes orbital laser and shield backpack are my go to weapons. I don't want to be reliant on the shield backpack so I'm not running it as much. I said a few days ago that people were saying the laser canon was a go to but I tried it and it was underwhelming or they nerfed it a bit behind the scenes. I haven't seen anyone else run it either. I tried the recoilless rifle and I wasn't getting one shot kills to the head on chargers but maybe I wasn't aiming at the right place. I did take out a titan with one shot though. I didn't try EATs.

I second orbitals need shorter cooldowns but I think it goes against their vision. Hence why they keep nerfing anything that makes solo play more viable. A one man army solo play would be fun if they would embrace it. They invision a team of 4 where everyone has a role to play and can rotate cooldowns. A guy who takes out heavies, one for swarms of light enemies, defensive, and support roles.

Kiki

Log Wizard
I think they should allow things like solo stealth gameplay. Why wouldn't you want multiple ways to play your game? You can do the payday 2 route where there is loud and quiet ways to complete your mission.

There are a lot of strategems that feel too underwhelming, some buffs would help. I feel like the autocannon should have a bit more armor pen, I don't care if it reduced damage but that would make it infinitely more useful. I saw a guy running arc and it was doing pretty well, I only tried it once and killed a teammate so I guess I'll try again. Some of the airstrikes could be improved probably.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I think they should allow things like solo stealth gameplay. Why wouldn't you want multiple ways to play your game? You can do the payday 2 route where there is loud and quiet ways to complete your mission.

There are a lot of strategems that feel too underwhelming, some buffs would help. I feel like the autocannon should have a bit more armor pen, I don't care if it reduced damage but that would make it infinitely more useful. I saw a guy running arc and it was doing pretty well, I only tried it once and killed a teammate so I guess I'll try again. Some of the airstrikes could be improved probably.
I solo stealth missions all time. Certain missions are better than others for it, of course. Defend missions suck for stealth. Hives and eggs are pretty doable all stealth. The bots are the easiest to stealth, you can even sneak right behind them and melee them to death in the prone position. The penetrator is great for bots from a distance. Can take them out without getting agro from the entire damn planet.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1710376917860.png

• 2Solidarity

Cybsled

The stun seems pretty short. If anything, it should be longer for callin attacks so they can actually hit enemies

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Eh, a lot blue stratagems have pretty long cooldowns in reality. I don't think it's as "OMFG NERF!!!" as people are making it seem.

Plus, I like using my nades to clear all the little shit bugs they fucking throw out now. I feel like Titans and Chargers are pretty easy to avoid, but stalkers and hunters are the real motherfuckers now.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user