Helldivers II

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Trying to experiment with more things, and in a high difficulty context as opposed to 5 or 6 and under where nothing matters.

Not quite enjoying the slugger and other single shot things like the AMR. For me for whatever reason, the pointing accuracy is really slow/inprecise, like no where near as bad as the big rockets, but when trying to shoot a jogging big bot in the tiny face it doesn't help that it feels like your wafting around drunkenly and the pointer wants to lag behind or overshoot your mouse. It's fine with stuff like autocannon/shotguns, but making using this other stuff effectively harder.

Hekotat Hekotat That's kinda what I mean, though even on forest you can get some pretty long sightlines since they seem to see through some of the leaves and shit, so it's almost even worse I think. Like just sucks when you have 30 mobs on screen and these guys are sprinkled in hitting you from basically beyond shotgun distance. Anything inside of kinda a grenade throw range or less isn't such an issue for identifying them quickly

Vhars

Vyemm Raider
1710899816127.png

• 4Worf
  • 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I did something similar tonight. I fuckin love this game.

Last night Daxx ran over a pod that just landed and as it shot up it he stepped on it and it sent him flying to his death, I had a good laugh.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I've hit 50, maxed out requisitions, unlocked all strats, all weapons, a selection of armors and emotes, and all but 1 or 2 ship upgrades, which I should have soon. What's next? That's what I worry about for this game; there isn't really a very deep "raid" or gear progression to unlock and it feels pretty trivial to unlock all of the interesting stuff.

I hope they are thinking about this. Give us something to shoot for in the progression without being too grindy. New mission types to unlock? Destroyer aesthetics? QoL improvements? Not sure what the answer is.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
More guns, strategems, enemies, missions, difficulty levels. But yeah, getting played out now.

• 1Like

Mao

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else having constant crashes today? Finally got a new computer with a modern video card and I CTD within about 5 minutes of starting a mission. I was thinking it was me and my new setup, but apparently looking at the forums its been a rampant problem since a patch dropped this morning?

Anyone else got any experience? Trying to figure out if I need to go through all my settings and figure out wtf, or just sit and wait cause the developer fucked something else up.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Anyone else having constant crashes today? Finally got a new computer with a modern video card and I CTD within about 5 minutes of starting a mission. I was thinking it was me and my new setup, but apparently looking at the forums its been a rampant problem since a patch dropped this morning?

Anyone else got any experience? Trying to figure out if I need to go through all my settings and figure out wtf, or just sit and wait cause the developer fucked something else up.

They are working on it is all they've said.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Yeah, it's a huge problem after the patch.

This team honestly has one of the worst QAs in the entire industry. Every patch "fixes" 3 things and breaks 4 more.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
They're fucking up. I don't understand how they could release a game that is so polished and fun in some ways but complete dog shit in some ways.

How do you go to launch and then realize "Sorry guys, turns out armor doesn't work at all"?

How do you create a game that designed around playing in a group with friends and your fucking social tab and matchmaking are broken a month and a half later? They just said "Yeah we're looking at the friends functionality and we don't understand how it works".

How do you ship a release that causes a massive crash problem?

They're spazzing out with releases and overtweaking and breaking shit when they should be focused on core stability and progression. I appreciate the love a small company put into the game but it is time to put on the big boy pants because they look like amateurs.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
The flying bugs are super fucking annoying and their towers require too much utility to kill imo
cant even land an orbital on that shit because it just rolls off lol

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Yeah someone like Blizzard would never do that....*cough* Diablo4 *cough*

Doesn't Blizzard have 294 blue hairs working there for every person doing actual work? At least they have an excuse.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mao

Trakanon Raider
So fuck me if I can figure out what is causing the crash. Like I said. Upgraded to a new computer. Went from a 1070ti to a 4070ti, Windows 10 to 11 (I don't want 11, whine) and now it is iffy if I can complete a mission. All patches and drivers etc current. What makes it more interesting is there is no visible debugging information that I can see. After each crash. And so far, the crashes are only limited to Helldivers, though I will have to test more.

What I can say is that every time there is a crash, there is a file that can't be validated and needs to be redownloaded. Again, no idea what file etc. I don't know if its a matter of the crash causing the file to go bad, or the file going bad causing the crash.

Oddly enough, my old 1070 ran just fine. Kinda makes me sad. I might experiment a lil more with lowered graphic settings etc, but until something comes out on their end where apparently they've fixed the crashing, think I am going to shelve the game for the time being. Not being able to tell if I am fucked up or them is rather annoying. Hell, I might just plug my old machine back in and see if it crashes now. :)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So fuck me if I can figure out what is causing the crash. Like I said. Upgraded to a new computer. Went from a 1070ti to a 4070ti, Windows 10 to 11 (I don't want 11, whine) and now it is iffy if I can complete a mission. All patches and drivers etc current. What makes it more interesting is there is no visible debugging information that I can see. After each crash. And so far, the crashes are only limited to Helldivers, though I will have to test more.

What I can say is that every time there is a crash, there is a file that can't be validated and needs to be redownloaded. Again, no idea what file etc. I don't know if its a matter of the crash causing the file to go bad, or the file going bad causing the crash.

Oddly enough, my old 1070 ran just fine. Kinda makes me sad. I might experiment a lil more with lowered graphic settings etc, but until something comes out on their end where apparently they've fixed the crashing, think I am going to shelve the game for the time being. Not being able to tell if I am fucked up or them is rather annoying. Hell, I might just plug my old machine back in and see if it crashes now. :)
100% it's them.

Like I said, I went from 0 crashes, game ran flawlessly right before the most recent warbond patch to crashing almost every mission. And I've changed nothing about my system between those times.

• 1Solidarity

Mao

Trakanon Raider
100% it's them.

Like I said, I went from 0 crashes, game ran flawlessly right before the most recent warbond patch to crashing almost every mission. And I've changed nothing about my system between those times.
I figure. Its just really annoying that I can't even see the crash log or data being sent to Sony. The complete lack of ability to trouble shoot on my end is questionable. Left pondering if it is on my side, if they will just look at it and go "lol, not my problem."

Anyway. I'm mostly killing time till Dragon's Dogma drops. I never played the first one, but it looks interesting and I'm pretty over anything else thats out right now.