Helldivers II

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Do people actually judge games based on their steam reviews? I see that come up at times about people crashing the reviews. Does it matter? Seems like a bad way to get an idea about a game.
If you see certain themes repeat themselves in negative reviews it can be a good warning sign to stay away even if the overall rating is fairly high, or in some cases it can be an indication that it's safe to ignore most of them. The two Owlcat Pathfinder games are a good example, there is plenty of stuff about the games that is fair to criticize but there's also a common theme of people complaining because they're just fucking bad at the game and too lazy to research the (admittedly complex) system.

Also it takes a LOT of pissed off players to get a game down to Mixed and it similarly takes a lot of very happy ones to keep a game up in Overwhelmingly Positive. There's plenty of stuff in the 'very positive' range that I think is kinda garbage but I don't know of anything off the top of my head that's managed to stay OP without earning it. Also don't know of any good games that have mixed overall ratings.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Do people actually judge games based on their steam reviews? I see that come up at times about people crashing the reviews. Does it matter? Seems like a bad way to get an idea about a game.

Nah. I DO look at vids of gameplay and basic shit that the genre should have.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No, I'm pretty sure this is what Sony always was. Remember that Sony and SoE were never the same company.
Nope. Google Sonyfornia. Right around the point in time where Drukman started letting Sarkesian peg him, a whole division got spawned off in the Bay area Blackrock and other financers who push woke shit started cutting loans to Sony and magically the power shifted to the gaggle of Bay area blue haired idiots. They have been more or less calling the shots since Sony bowed down and decided to suck the woke dick for loans.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nah. I DO look at vids of gameplay and basic shit that the genre should have.
This. If the videos that are out are all cut scenes and the only actual game play parts are menu screens or center piece boss fights, thats a red flag for me. Show me the main gameplay loop. Show me the mundane shit that I will end up doing for most of my time with the game. Don't show me the overdeveloped demo you prettied up to attract funding that is way more polished than the other 99 percent of the game.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Except they won. So I guess the effort to take 30 seconds to review bomb was worth it? It's almost like organizing and exercising power works.

good for them. Doesn’t make them less gay. Did you follow the Reddit at all? It wasn’t “I am going to leave a bad review and stop playing because this was a bad choice”

the posts were literally “we PC gamers have spines and this is a war worth fighting for the good of humanity”. That is a legit quote.
Every fat neckbeard faggit acting like they are storming Normandy. Almost gay enough for me to. Abandon the game

• 3Faggotry
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
good for them. Doesn’t make them less gay. Did you follow the Reddit at all? It wasn’t “I am going to leave a bad review and stop playing because this was a bad choice”

the posts were literally “we PC gamers have spines and this is a war worth fighting for the good of humanity”. That is a legit quote.
Every fat neckbeard faggit acting like they are storming Normandy. Almost gay enough for me to. Abandon the game

No, unlike you I wasn't reading Reddit. So it seems like you spent more time wrapped up into thinking how gay this was, while the people who just were pissed and spent 30 seconds won.

You some kinda Republican?

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 5 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Except they won. So I guess the effort to take 30 seconds to review bomb was worth it? It's almost like organizing and exercising power works.
It helps but Steam getting behind us is what really mattered.

• 2Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
It helps but Steam getting behind us is what really mattered.
I think we haven't yet seen the whole fallout from this.

Was discussing this with some people at work.

You have 4 parties involved:
1) Developer - Arrowhead
2)Publisher - Sony
3)Customer - us
4) Distributer - Valve

I believe the unsung hero in this outcome was Valve.

From my understanding Valve takes 30 % of every sale and Sony 60% so 10% for developers.

Since Valve is the platform and assumes the risk for refunds etc likely they talked with Sony about this (especially since they changed their FAQ on May 4th which was well after hundreds of thousands bought the game.) They probably told Sony to stop selling in the countries that PSN doesn't exist in until they decide what to do. (Stop the bleeding)

Likely valve did not want to assume doing refunds and being in legal action in tons of countries over this and Sony backed down.

So it is perceived as a win by consumers that PSN is not necessary... however the Developer is still under the thumb of Sony and I am betting there is going to be a price that needs to be paid.

I am betting that in the coming months you will see micro-transactions be pushed more and more.

Sony DID NOT back down out of the goodness of their heart of seeing the error of their ways and if anyone thinks this they are naïve. I bet some big terms are being laid down at Arrowhead's feet right now from Sony and we the players have yet to see them.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Developers need a bigger share, unless the publishers are footing the risk by funding the development.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
What exactly does the publisher bring to the table? Are they basically investors in early development? If so, then that's where their risk is I guess.

Kiki

Log Wizard
1715036114076.png

• 2Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
What exactly does the publisher bring to the table? Are they basically investors in early development? If so, then that's where their risk is I guess.
Yes the publisher, microsoft, sony , Nintendo brings the money to get it out. Think of it like an investor for a business.

Edit: I hate my phone.

Last edited:

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
True - but the guy is a man of the people. Fuck Sony.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
True - but the guy is a man of the people. Fuck Sony.
Such a man of the people that he was originally mocking and trolling complainers and only changed his tune when his attitude helped blow things up into a major scandal.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
If I see anything less than positive on the reviews then I dig around the comments/reviews to see what's going on. Most of the time it's legitimate stuff that makes me pause to think whether or not I really want to buy the game. I rarely encounter negative reviews/comments about social issues, so it's mostly stuff saying the game is buggy/unplayable, performance issues, the game was abandoned, etc.

• 1Like