Help finding a movie?

Rubiks-Q-Bert_sl

shitlord
Trying to remember a movie I watched as a kid and probably shouldn't have. I thought it was called skate or die after the game but can't seem to find it. In any case, it was pretty violent with quite a bit of nudity and skating of course. I want to say skateboarding actually but it was a long time ago. Would have been late 80's early 90s. Also I think it was NR for not rated.

Paradyne

Trakanon Raider
rrr_img_60319.jpg

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I also have been looking for a movie from my childhood (mid 80's) and I cannot find it. I want to say it was called Fluffy puppies but Google has failed me. It was about a group of talking dogs who would travel to different worlds by using a crystal to open invisable doors IIRC.

Szlia

Trying to remember a movie I watched as a kid and probably shouldn't have. I thought it was called skate or die after the game but can't seem to find it. In any case, it was pretty violent with quite a bit of nudity and skating of course. I want to say skateboarding actually but it was a long time ago. Would have been late 80's early 90s. Also I think it was NR for not rated.
Kids?

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
looking for a movie that was about a family that was trying to climb a mountain.in the beginning,there is an avalanche and the mother (i think) dies.at the end,father and son are climbing the same mountain but from different paths.the father reaches the top but his son dies in the way.
i know it's not much information but that was the only time i fell asleep in a theater and i always wondering what was the name of this gem. ahah
the movie is from the early 90's (91-94)

Szlia

looking for a movie that was about a family that was trying to climb a mountain.in the beginning,there is an avalanche and the mother (i think) dies.at the end,father and son are climbing the same mountain but from different paths.the father reaches the top but his son dies in the way.
i know it's not much information but that was the only time i fell asleep in a theater and i always wondering what was the name of this gem. ahah
the movie is from the early 90's (91-94)
I made an honest attempt and came empty handed. I would say you have the plot all wrong, which can happen when you sleep through a movie (in that case it might be K2 or even Cliffhanger). On top of that you could be wrong about the year you saw it (then it could be Vertical Limit). The other two possibilities is that it's a very obscure movie (which sounds odd since you saw it in a movie theater - unless you forgot to mention it was in Kazakhstan) or that you have the plot right, the screening date right but that the movie was a re-release or seen at a film archive and is way older (though that would mean the movie is not obscure and I should probably have found it with my google-fu and my imdb keyword search...).

That's annoying because the story sounds familiar.

Caliane

If he didnt say theatre, I would almost think, made for TV movie on lifetime or something.

Vertical limit btw is a HILARIOUSLY bad movie.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Gleaming the Cube?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nonsense, there's got to be a few scenes of Tony Hawk with his arms around two naked chicks

Rubiks-Q-Bert_sl

shitlord
Totally forgot that I should never look for help on these forums... Silly me. For the few that actually tried to help, thank you but not what I was looking for. No worries.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Gleaming the Cube aka Skate or Die aka A Brother's Justice is PG-13!
Ftfy
smile.png
In my 10 year old mind that movie was totally R, can't believe it was only PG-13. Maybe it was one of those 80s movies where PG-13 was like today's R?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Totally forgot that I should never look for help on these forums... Silly me. For the few that actually tried to help, thank you but not what I was looking for. No worries.
might have helped if you were a bit less vague. you didnt even name an actor or what it was about exactly. what did you expect?

Rubiks-Q-Bert_sl

shitlord
might have helped if you were a bit less vague. you didnt even name an actor or what it was about exactly. what did you expect?
Sure, but if I knew an actor I could probably have looked it up myself. Hence why I came here hoping for a little help. Like I said, no worries. Not that important. Just forgot that there are more dicks on here than helpful people. Not implying you're a dick. Appreciate the feedback.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
First, if you don't know where the Abyss response comes from, that's not our fault.

Second, you really didn't give much to go on, but if Kids isn't it, how about Ken Park? Same director, starts with a guy in a skateboard park blowing his brains out and has tons of nudity. Almost no one you'd recognize is in it, as that brains-blown-out kid is the son of a guy I used to call frequently for work, that's how I originally heard of the movie.

Third, there are more skillful ways to call most of us dicks than that. The way you did it makes even the people who helped you bristle and feel like they shouldn't have. Since you obviously don't see it, you don't feel you did anything wrong, but trust me, it's there.