Heroes of the Storm

Vitality

HUSTLE
Out of all the tanks/melee listed, ETC is the easiest for me to burst down as Nova, He usually dies within his first two ability casts.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I think on paper ETC doesn't jive well with people but in practice its completely different. His escape is slide into knock back. Most people can't keep up with that. And if you know what you're doing you pick the the talent that makes you move faster when you cast abilities. He is more likely to be burst down, but he also have the best way to stay alive.. a self heal. If you pick up the lower mana cost, the heal on hit at 7, and the increase duration (more heal) at 16(I think) then you won't be dying unless your burst down. As for initiation, just pick stage dive. Its not amazing, but teams tend to panic when you drop on them. Also slide into knock back is great for pick offs. Isolate one person, not back his teammates and knock the solo guy into your team. Easy pick off.

He isn't top tier but I'd pick him over every tank except Stitches. Possibly because I don't play Arthas that well, but also because ETC is just underestimated.

Here is the build I run for the most part. Its about 50/50 on choosing Mosh Pit vs Stage Drive. Big maps make SD a really convenient choice. Obviously very little damage, but like I said before, unless burst down you are near unkillable.http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/guide...op-the-bass-31

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think ETC is kind of underrated, personally. He is pretty disruptive and people underestimate the effect of his passive. The small delay mosh pit makes it kind of hard to land a good one.. maybe removing that would make him more popular.

Tenks

Out of all the tanks/melee listed, ETC is the easiest for me to burst down as Nova, He usually dies within his first two ability casts.
ETC lacks Spell Shield making him an ideal Nova target. Tanks with access to block and spell shield generally ruin Nova's day.

Vitality

HUSTLE
That being said, I had an ETC on one of my recorded matches (on my twitch previous broadcast list recently, I think game 2 or 3) that did great. We buddied up and he was able to disrupt the team long enough for me to get quite a few picks.

He's just higher variance (less forgiving) than Stitch/Arth/Tyrael etc.

Tenks

Like I've said before most heroes in this game aren't so terrible you can't make them work if you're better than the other team. Not like ranked play follows a strict meta or anything but at higher level play eraser comps are pretty common. ETC isn't very good against these comps so he doesn't get play which probably effects my personal opinion on him.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Funny because I also think Nova is an ideal target for ETC now that the cloak CD is 3 seconds. After getting the speed burst on skill use talent she can never escape.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Only worse than muradin's leap in that muradin can leap over walls, arthas' w is only 1 target and you have to stop to cast if you're being chased, tyreal's teleport isn't much better and you stop a few frames while casting, but bonus is you can teleport through walls. If you need to disengage you should also get into a position which you knockback heroes with w and then slide putting you well out of range. And once you get the move speed talent you can literally escape any 5v1.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Funny because I also think Nova is an ideal target for ETC now that the cloak CD is 3 seconds. After getting the speed burst on skill use talent she can never escape.
I've repeatedly shit on nova w/ etc; she is useless outside of cloak and like we've said once you get the move speed she literally can not cloak anymore because you will forever be able to hit her before she does. I've never been burst by nova before, but I do take block and the nova would have to hit their snipe from range for even a chance since if she gets anywhere near etc, he is going to shit on her with his two aoes.

Oh another thing I've learned is etc can push hard on mines if you take the talent that makes guitar solo heal your team you can heal your minions through even a much stronger golem so you end up with 3-4 minion waves in one big clump full health once the golem dies.

Just saw your edit tenks, I normally take stoneskin, but movement speed is @13.

Tenks

Also I know it was discussed how watching HOTS is somewhat boring (and I tend to agree) but if anyone is interested in following the competitive scene a bit much of the stuff is posted on this sub. I'm a bit out of the meta at the moment as well. Watching g1 of the finals of KotS I'm a bit surprised to see Tyrande in it.

Your source for Heroes of the Storm Competitive VoDs

-edit-

And this thread's favorite hero ETC in g2 by SMG!

Vitality

HUSTLE
Cool thanks Tenks I'll give it a look.

The rest of us here Dell/Mur/Tenks should look at getting some quick matches etc. going tonight maybe.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hit me up for games tonight, not 30 yet so can't do ranked but I'll do a few quick matches if there's interest. Archaleus#1384 pretty sure I have a few of you already added.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Hit me up for games tonight, not 30 yet so can't do ranked but I'll do a few quick matches if there's interest. Archaleus#1384 pretty sure I have a few of you already added.
I'm not 30 yet either so that works just fine. I'll be sure to add you after work if you're not already on the list.

Also, thanks for following my channel, I'll be sure to hit you back with a follow when I get home.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
My bnet tag is in the op send me a message if you see me on, I may or may not be playing w/ some rl bros. It has just been 3 of us lately, I try and catch ppl on my friend's list inbetween games if I see they are not in a game. If you see me on and in a game feel free to send me a tell and I'll let you know if we have room for the next game.

Tenks

I've also got to cash my welfare check in WoW today but that should only take an hour or so

Vitality

HUSTLE
Oh that's right it's check day today I forgot. NP boys I'll be in WoW RR mumble when I get home most likely.

D: If you don't have info I'll get it to you after I add your tag etc.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Gf has to work late and won't be staying over tonight. It's on party people. Should be on around 9 est.

Tenks

ZPs is streaming solo hero league right now. I prefer this to him 5 stacking and just curb stomping. Don't think he posts here anymore, though.

Twitch