Heroes of the Storm

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
some random in QM just compared the skill ceiling of KT to zeratul

Jesus christ LOL.
Actually I'd say their skill ceiling is about equal. Zera has the best escape in the game as well as stealth while KT has literally no escape other than his stun. At high level play it's very difficult to play KT since your positioning and accuracy with spells needs to be immaculate whereas Zera has a lot of forgiveness due to his blink and heroic whereas KT has basically no forgiveness.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I try not to shit talk anyone especially if they have a reason why they're making certain picks. If you notice, my argument was that person didn't have any other viable healers at their current HL rank. If the guy would have said "I can fill any role but tank, plus I only have Lili for support" that would have changed my decision entirely and I would have gone support. Regardless it didn't matter because when we got into game I didn't say a single word to that player even though they died a few times in the first 5 minutes. Being an asshole doesn't accomplish anything, but sadly being constructive is usually seen as being an asshole as well. Pretty fucked up if you ask me.

No offense to you, but Lili is subpar compared to everyone but BW currently. Not saying she can't win games or do her job, she just does it worse and that is a fact.

Plus I made that post when I was on tilt anyways, which if you've you never been on tilt playing MOBA games then you haven't been playing long enough.

Edit: Landing spells on Kael is not skill. Positioning is needed for every hero in the game and is situational.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I finally gave this a try even though on paper it never sounded like my cup of tea (point to click movement + no items = no bueno). Well, seems like it is setup nicely but after playing it for a day I just can't do the point to click movement shit after playing Smite. I'm sure it would get more natural after awhile but I just can't do it. Back to Smite!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Some really great discussion about making the game have more complexity. Starts around the 44 minute mark. Before that is the Esports recap/community update stuff too.

I haven't watched this yet but I was actually mulling the idea of adding complexity to the game. Right now every game is a bit the same. You lane for a minute, bum rush the objective, lane for a minute then repeat. I almost wish they had ways for individual players to actually accomplish something. Like possibly add a real jungle which gave XP instead of mercs which is just an XP wash in the end. Of course this would mean that objectives would need to be spaced further apart and possibly that would be a good thing but then you need to try and balance the idea to have each match only last ~20 minutes. It is a complicated affair.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I love the people who have died so many times because they "aren't trying because the game is over". Well yeah, the game is over because you died for nothing 10x in the first 15m.

Tenks

I love the people who have died so many times because they "aren't trying because the game is over". Well yeah, the game is over because you died for nothing 10x in the first 15m.
Yeah I sometimes wonder how people like that win any games. They're bad players and they spread toxic throughout the team to discourage anyone from actually playing well.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Jesus Christ, KT is goddamned insane. His DPS output is just ridiculous.

How good is Anub? I heard he's one of the best warriors and I'm considering spending the 4k to get him, since I kinda need a solid one.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Actually I'd say their skill ceiling is about equal. Zera has the best escape in the game as well as stealth while KT has literally no escape other than his stun. At high level play it's very difficult to play KT since your positioning and accuracy with spells needs to be immaculate whereas Zera has a lot of forgiveness due to his blink and heroic whereas KT has basically no forgiveness.
That has nothing to do with skill ceiling. Being able to hit D -> Q skillshots and staying at your back line takes very minimal skill.

Zeratul optimizing his AA build with skill rotations, while not getting blown up and using void prison effectively is actually pretty fucking hard at a high level. These Zeratuls you see in QM going shadow assault and just ganking people isn't his skill ceiling, it's his derpy ass skill floor which is about as on par as KTs ceiling lol.

Jesus Christ, KT is goddamned insane. His DPS output is just ridiculous.

How good is Anub? I heard he's one of the best warriors and I'm considering spending the 4k to get him, since I kinda need a solid one.
Very good, between him, johanna and muradin they're by far the top 3.

Anub's locust swarm gives him hugh survivability in team fights, as well as strong engage and CC all around.

Tenks

Anub got nerfed last patch so the warrior role is a bit more of a tossup these days. Muradin and Johanna are undeniably the two best (many would argue Johanna in a league of her own) but after there the drop off falls into the Anub/Tyrael/Arthas realm. Not to say the latter three are bad but they're more situation and generally fare better in a double warrior setup.

Needless

Toe Sucker
other mobas have legitimate jungle games, hots doesn't really so it doesn't need all that extra map space

Needless

Toe Sucker

"I will only choose allies who will never betray me"

... Illidan the betrayer standing right beside him. lol

Column_sl

shitlord
Can Nova sneak past your towers without being spotted? I had a bad run with a nova earlier today, dude was in our base picking off my Kael.

They just wait till you are low health, unstealth, and kill you instantly then run.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, forts/keeps do not have true sight, only the core does. You can't stay in an area where you know nova to be with low health, make sure you get far enough away to back. If she is just continually picking you off behind your own walls you have bad teammates as every time she does that she shouldn't get out with her life. Also keep in mind buildings block her abilities so if you know she's coming for you move at an angle so you're on the other side of a building from the direction she is coming and she shouldn't get out alive and you may even get a kill/survive.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone play abathur a bit? Just bought him the other day and bit it once and nearly twice in a game on garden map because while sitting in a bush in middle of either bot or top lane my locust would aggro the creep pulling the creep in causing it to attack me and more importantly give enemies vision. Anyone play abathur enough to know if you stand closer to their side or closer to your side if it won't do that?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
My Aba is almost level 10. I've encountered that problem pretty rarely. I would just sit farther back towards your towers, but the way the lane is set up its pretty much guaranteed to aggro creep if you sit in the bushes. In my opinion it doesn't matter if you're hidden or not unless its late game and you're trying for sneaky backdoor stuff. If you're close to your towers, just do your best to have the map awareness to back up if needed and you don't have to sit in the bushes.

Needless

Toe Sucker