Heroes of the Storm

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If someone on your team is doing something incorrectly or not grouping often times just saying "Group up" and taking control of the game will wake them up and force them to stop wave clearing with no real purpose. Sometimes you'll get someone who just refuses to take direction so just chalk that up to a loss. But honestly the match making has been pretty decent for me lately. I'm often times matched with people within 10 or so of my rank on each team.

Just the other day on Cursed if it wasn't for me directing the team it would have been a surefire loss. Someone decided to take the driver's seat at the start of the game and was making a ton of wrong moves. Pinging camps when I knew tribute would spawn within 20 seconds. Pinging boss when everyone was alive. Just incorrect decisions. So I just started to basically say "No tribute too soon" when he'd ping stupid shit. Don't be aggressive and don't act like the person is stupid just let them know it is a bad call. Like 99/100 the boss pings on Sky Temple are the wrong call. You have got to question them because that is the easiest way to throw an advantage on that map. And if you're not comfortable making those decisions nor can you see they're incorrect prior to the unfavorable outcome occurring then maybe you are playing at the right MMR. This game does allow for a certain amount of counterplay but in general it is more map-strategy focused than other MOBAs. A group of 5 average skill players following correct orders on the map will always beat a group of 5 extremely skilled players incorrectly following map orders. Just look at Tempo Storm. I don't think individually they're the best players at their roles (possibly Zuna is now filling that role as being a wild card extremely skilled player) but they always seem to find mid-game advantages by map presence.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Johanna is great for peeling and just being annoying overall, pretty sure that is why she gets picked up so much. I tend to see people in HL pick her up and try to play her like Muradin or ETC, disrupting the back line, but she excels at disrupting everyone, especially melee assassins.

I'd pick her almost all the time if the other team had Illi, Zera, or Kerrigan.

Tenks

I still prefer Muradin to counter Illidan. His attack speed reduction on W really fucks with Illidan pretty badly.

Also it seems like Johanna's talents are really solid by Blizzard. The only talent with a decisive "This is best" at Master league is her Shield Toss ult. But I still feel Falling Sword still has a place if your team really lacks initiate.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Even so I think Falling Sword is a poor way to initiate a fight and is much more useful sometime in the midst of the team fight. But at that point, I always feel like I'd rather have the shield. It is a lot of fun to pop on their ranged DPS in the middle of a fight, but I think it's hard to know when it's a good idea to be gone from the fight for 2 seconds.

I love pairing Johanna with Kael'Thas. If KT can get off a nice Phoenix and stun on 2-3 guys, Johanna can pop them with Blessed Shield as they land and it's GG for the enemy team. It will certainly demoralize your opponent!

Dis

Confirmed Male
If someone on your team is doing something incorrectly or not grouping often times just saying "Group up" and taking control of the game will wake them up and force them to stop wave clearing with no real purpose. Sometimes you'll get someone who just refuses to take direction so just chalk that up to a loss. But honestly the match making has been pretty decent for me lately. I'm often times matched with people within 10 or so of my rank on each team.

Just the other day on Cursed if it wasn't for me directing the team it would have been a surefire loss. Someone decided to take the driver's seat at the start of the game and was making a ton of wrong moves. Pinging camps when I knew tribute would spawn within 20 seconds. Pinging boss when everyone was alive. Just incorrect decisions. So I just started to basically say "No tribute too soon" when he'd ping stupid shit. Don't be aggressive and don't act like the person is stupid just let them know it is a bad call. Like 99/100 the boss pings on Sky Temple are the wrong call. You have got to question them because that is the easiest way to throw an advantage on that map. And if you're not comfortable making those decisions nor can you see they're incorrect prior to the unfavorable outcome occurring then maybe you are playing at the right MMR. This game does allow for a certain amount of counterplay but in general it is more map-strategy focused than other MOBAs. A group of 5 average skill players following correct orders on the map will always beat a group of 5 extremely skilled players incorrectly following map orders. Just look at Tempo Storm. I don't think individually they're the best players at their roles (possibly Zuna is now filling that role as being a wild card extremely skilled player) but they always seem to find mid-game advantages by map presence.
Its like i said before, the "toxic" environment is a two way street. The same players that complain about people being mean, are the same players that tell others to "stfu" or "calm down, its just a game" after you go from a normal double ping, or "stay as 5" or whatever advice you try to give out, then being constantly ignored and losing badly, to spam pinging, and using CAPS to try and get people's attention. People dont want to, or incapable of listening to some trying to take a lead role to direct where to go.

I had the one game we won because I got 4 out of the 5 to listen, which was enough to win (sylv went rogue the whole game). The Tyr presented the "calm down" routine at first, BW was kinda just roaming, then somehow, they started listening to me, going to pings, and we started to turn the game around. By that is an aberration honestly. Normally, it goes like the above, and you are stuck with the L.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Moba-griping is my trigger
frown.png

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
1rst world problems. I stained all my shutters yesterday if you would rather talk about that?
I'm just grumpy because I want to play PoE beta but we're expecting a wipe tomorrow night. First world problems, indeed!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Pro's wrecking scrubs in Road to Blizzcon stuff. Pretty boring overall, the games are just so lopsided. I've seen like one good series so far.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
That fucking team with the master skin Illidan playing a retarded build with the hunt (and Robo Gazlowe lolol) loosing in 11 minutes was a highlight for sure.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dreamhack on the other hand was some solid domination by Liquid with great series.
That is pretty much every EU event with major teams participating. NaVi, Gamers2, FNatic, Arthas and even new Well Met (ROCCAT or w/e) are all really good teams. Liquid is just on a whole other level though, it's like old Tempo Storm, no one can compete.

Tenks

Except for last week when that no-name team kicked Liquid's ass haha

I'm sure liquid wasn't exactly taking it seriously

Tenks

Rofl ZPs was playing Zeratul was given a bounty of $1/kill on the enemy Valla. He proceeded to kill her 7 times in about as many minutes and the Valla rage quit.

-edit-

and all the donations added up he made like $60 ruining that poor guy's experience lol