Heroes of the Storm

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Thats why HL rank is so meaningless. You can get just carried to rank 1 if you stack because a group of coordinated sub-par players will always beat uncoordinated better players. I've played with so many rank 1's who were just downright bad at the game. Horrible builds, horrible engagements, horrible map awareness, horrible objective timings. Just objectively bad players ... but the system says they're top 2%.
If the matchmaking wasn't so borked it might not be a big deal.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
Just started playing this myself. Have never tried a MOBA before. Played with Malfurion a few times and was kind of digging the ranged support. Are there good websites to learn basic strats and terminology?

Vittra

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just started playing this myself. Have never tried a MOBA before. Played with Malfurion a few times and was kind of digging the ranged support. Are there good websites to learn basic strats and terminology?
Heroesfire.com has some good guides and otherwise just checking out youtube videos is a good way to pick up stuff you're unsure about.

Vittra#1784 if anyone wants to group sometime, lvl 40

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fan has some really good videos on Youtube, Grubby has some good guides as well. Khaldor puts all the EU games up on his channel and is a good caster as well.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Xaldren#1414 if anyone needs a support (Rehgar/Uther mostly). I play really really sporadically, but if you catch me on, throw me an invite and I'll be your pocket healer.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Played two games w Brightwing this morning, just because I haven't played her much. Picked up Promote both games, but felt like I wasn't using it optimally.

Which minions should you promote? Soldier / mage? Archer / mage? 2x soldier to soak tower shots? It feels like it's highly dependent upon who is laning against you, too.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I try to use it on minions who are about to die when I can since it also heals them to full, made sense to me and I see ppl doing it in tournaments.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Played two games w Brightwing this morning, just because I haven't played her much. Picked up Promote both games, but felt like I wasn't using it optimally.

Which minions should you promote? Soldier / mage? Archer / mage? 2x soldier to soak tower shots? It feels like it's highly dependent upon who is laning against you, too.
*In general* you want to promote low-HP soldiers getting attacked by towers. The reason for this is now promote offers far better HP scaling than it does damage scaling. Knights have more HP than bowmen (despite bowmen doing more damage) so you get a greater benefit out of promoting these units. The crossbowmen promotes are good for pushing but in reality as BW you have pretty good waveclear anyways so it is irrelevent to try and further your pushing power. Force the person you are laning against to have to blow their load trying to kill one knight.

Never promote mage. They have lower HP and lower damage than the other creeps.

Once catapaults start spawning just promote those 100% of the time

Ryoz

<Donor>