Heroes of the Storm

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
theres way too much going on in that 'ui', they could put all of the heroes and a vs symbol on a single line across that would be 100x cleaner.
Really? I think it looks great, and come on, there is no more information in that UI that any standard MOBA player isn't used to seeing and disseminating.

Needless

Toe Sucker
been seeing a lot of botters lately.. it's pretty unreal. between that and the map hacks coming out it's making this game very unfun lol

Cerzi

Golden Knight of the Realm
This is the biggest problem about a potential map hack being discovered. Everyone has another excuse to tell themselves when they get beat.

Cerzi

map hack isn't the issue, i've seen a bot in 2/3 of eveyr game i've played lately. It's nuts
Bot as in the AI that replaces someone when they DC? Or some kind of hack? I've played thousands of games of heroes and never heard of any bot stuff, at least not anything that could be remotely a threat in an actual game.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
map hack isn't the issue, i've seen a bot in 2/3 of eveyr game i've played lately. It's nuts
How do you tell they're bots?, I've had some games recently where heroes acted very suspiciously and friends suspected they are bots.

And as far as maphack, might just be a string of rough games, but all my friends and I have had a rough weekend. Again, seems suspicious when we normally have probably ~60% win rate and this weekend we've had ~20%.

Also don't like the new map at all, too snowbally imo.

Needless

Toe Sucker
easiest map for me to tell if somebody is botting is on a map like sky temple. The bots will always lane until a temple phase starts.. once they do, they'll leave their lane to check the nearest temple regardless of if it's actually active or not. I had two bots in the same game, following the same lane doing the exact same patterns doing this.

otherwise they still just do the same thing, they'll lane the entire time, don't partake in team fights ever, unless it happens to be on top of their head already. They have no sense of danger, so even if the lane they're set to has 4 people in it, they'll still walk in and feed immediately. They obviously won't talk, or respond to anything either.

It's pretty damn common in the last few games since ~2 or 3 days ago now for me.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you look at the scoreboard and you don't have the option to mute them, then they are a bot.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you look at the scoreboard and you don't have the option to mute them, then they are a bot.
They're not talking of an AI that replaced someone who left, but like someone running a 3rd party bot to farm games for gold while afk.

Cerzi

Any account running a bot like that for a decent period of time will have its mmr sink right to the bottom of the barrel. Must suck to see them and lose because of them but they can't be that common if you've got even average mmr.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
How do you tell they're bots?, I've had some games recently where heroes acted very suspiciously and friends suspected they are bots.

And as far as maphack, might just be a string of rough games, but all my friends and I have had a rough weekend. Again, seems suspicious when we normally have probably ~60% win rate and this weekend we've had ~20%.

Also don't like the new map at all, too snowbally imo.
Alright, maybe it was just a rough string of games. Finally had a good day yesterday and won ~12 in a row. I was playing kael half those games though, guy is ridiculous, I'm almost afraid to play him because I'm having a lot of fun doing it, but he has to get nerfed right? It doesn't make any sense to me that he can flamestrike from a screen away and do more damage then say jaina whom's blizzard would need to have both stacks hit them, still doesn't do as much damage, and jaina has to be a lot closer.

I'm starting to understand the new map better and snowballing maybe wasn't the correct term for it, but there is no comeback potential on the map. I don't like how it is very all or nothing with the avatars, especially when racing down against your opponent and their avatar won with like 100 hp. When you lose the main objective normally there are camps for you to take, but you obviously can't take camps and ignore the objective on the new map.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
While I don't disagree KT is broken as fuck he is also counter-able. The problem is when the opposing team goes mage heavy the counters rarely come out. I'm talking grab a Nova, Zera, Butcher, Tyrael. Just make it your mission to make KT's life a living hell the entire match. If you let him sit from half a screen away launching level 16 Flamestrikes at your team you won't win that fight. But if you have a ballsy initiate that says "Fuck this fucker right here this fucker is getting initiated on" then the fights can suddenly be won.

The real issue is it takes a disproportionately high amount of coordination to engage into a team with KT than it does for the team with KT to engage. Like if Zera VP's KT and just KT that is a fine use of the VP as long as the team immediately initiates the team fight from that point. But if you VP the KT and your team continues to hold their dicks in their hands then there is no way to win that fight.

Needless

Toe Sucker
picking nova against KT is so fun, just blast that little elf into pixie dust~

i'm gonna queue as nova every single HL match from now on, no matter what. Eat it team mates!

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I'm starting to understand the new map better and snowballing maybe wasn't the correct term for it, but there is no comeback potential on the map. I don't like how it is very all or nothing with the avatars, especially when racing down against your opponent and their avatar won with like 100 hp. When you lose the main objective normally there are camps for you to take, but you obviously can't take camps and ignore the objective on the new map.
I have to disagree on no comeback. Had a game where the enemy had 50 to our 25 takedowns and took the objective everytime but the 2nd to last one which we got and then ended up winning from that with the camps.

Cerzi

Thing about Kael is he is really ONLY good at 16+. Before then, you can have way, way more impact as Jaina, who is impossible to escape from and can do far more burst damage. At 16, a good jaina will beat a good kael 1v1, and Jaina has slightly more survivability than Kael (ice block + chill effects), meaning your team can destroy their Kael before their team destroys you when it comes to organized teamfights.

Kael is about poking teams down pre-teamfight, so that when the fight actually happens they're already weakened. Jaina is just about obliterating the enemy team in a single combo, and has way more potential to make huge plays. Also Jaina is way harder to counter. She wrecks nova, for example.

Big Jaina fan here, in case you didn't realize.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Another 3 games as kael and another 3 wins last night. I don't get the "kt is only good at 16" talk, no, KT becomes a god at 16, its not as if a verdant sphere'd flamestrike without applying living bomb doesn't do rediculous damage before 16, especially considering its 6s cooldown. I like jaina and all cerzi, but obviously kt's poke is way better and he can still burst someone down with a combo. I'd agree jaina has slightly more survivability, although her losing sprint was huge. But kt can still just drop flamestrikes from clear across the screen while Jaina has to either extend a bit or flank if she wants to get a good blizzard. You can't afford to whiff with a blizzard. Phoenix being on 40s cooldown is just absurd, besides its damage, its great at zoning and allows me to take camps much quicker. I can solo an ogre camp, only take about 20% damage in health and then heal that up with verdant spheres and phoenix will be off of cooldown before the next team fight. Jaina takes forever to solo an ogre camp and will lose a lot more health. Need to do boss quickly?, phoenix. Enemy fort just needs a few more hits?, phoenix and run away.

Was playing with friends last night and we found a comp that is working really nice for us kt, tyreal, malfurion, and zeratul. People who pick stealth to counter kt get countered by tyreal. They are going to have to over extend by a mile to get to me making it easy for tyreal to pick them off so worst case scenario if they do get me it is still only 1 for 1. Think you're escaping with low health from kt/tyreal?, think again. If you're not in flamestrike range justice will be served upon you. KT laning with malfurion is just silly, with tons of extra mana, we out pushed an azmodan hard and whenever kt lands a gravity lapse malfurion can follow it up with a root meaning death for most heroes.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Oddly enough Jaina's win% actually went up with the last patch. Possibly losing sprint is forcing people to play her more aggro or possibly Iceblock is actually a better talent for letting her survive in a team fight. Either way her win% also beats KT. One of the biggest boons of Jaina is the fact that she controls the speed of an enemy so much in a team fight and Water Elemental is possibly the best ultimate in the game especially now that you can control it post-death. Also if you have Executioners on your team it allows them to freely take that talent if Jaina is around knowing there is an extremely reliable slow. Also like Cerzi said she is good throughout the game and a really competent solo laner. I'd hesitate to say she's better than KT but she is every bit as good.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I love me some jaina too. I just wouldn't say one is way better than the other at any point in the game when they each have their perks. People talk about kt as if he's useless pre-16 when he still does ridiculous damage or a verdent sphere'd e can turn a team fight into a slaughter.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just started getting into this when I can (with Vittra from the forums and a few other friends).

Really liking ETC and Arthas the most. Thinking about trying Stitches this week but I feel I am much better suited for the "tank" role than anything else right now. What other heroes should I be looking at trying? My MOBA experience is very limited, so I am a shitbag of a player, but I still enjoy it.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just started getting into this when I can (with Vittra from the forums and a few other friends).

Really liking ETC and Arthas the most. Thinking about trying Stitches this week but I feel I am much better suited for the "tank" role than anything else right now. What other heroes should I be looking at trying? My MOBA experience is very limited, so I am a shitbag of a player, but I still enjoy it.
Muradin for sure, he's the top or one of the top tanks and only 2k gold. Tyreal is becoming a popular pick in the current meta. I'd advise against stitches as you really need to build a team around him to make him effective. I hadn't played him in awhile, but he was almost 9 so I played a couple of games with him over the weekend and although I felt like I had a couple of really good games with him, landed a lot of very nice hooks we weren't able to capitalize on it and lost those games.