Heroes of the Storm

Ryoz

<Donor>
How does one only play ai and actually enjoy it ? I feel like that would be playing wow for the questing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Uh... So are you inferring that it's only make believe gold when you're playing against AI? and that it becomes REAL gold as soon as you play against a real person?
I think he means they're both make believe gold, ingame currency that has no real value. If you force yourself to play versus the AI just so you get gold so you can use it to buy heroes so you can play the AI, it's quite a waste of time. If you enjoy playing the AI then it's fine but if you don't and don't enjoy playing against players either with the current matchmaking, there's no reason to bother farming gold anymore. That's generally when you quit.

Neph_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty sure I've seen people with master skins playing against AI. I'm sure there's plenty of reasons why people only play against AI: less pressure and therefore less vitriol/salt/rage/whatever, trying new builds, trying new characters, clearing quests for a role they don't like, etc.

But to Tenks' point, if you don't find the game itself fun, then you probably shouldn't be playing. But the game can still be fun against bots.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Just do what I did and play VS AI for a while. You wont rank up or anything but its more carefree and you still get gold/xp so its not a total loss. Lots more fun then being forced to play matches you know your team has 0 chance of winning.
I have a complete stable of heroes (all the ones that I enjoy playing in every role), aside from unreleased heroes. So, that sounds like one of the most unfun things I can think of.

Thinking more about things, I think the larger problem with HotS is that the game is 100% won or lost on teamfights. Which isn't really a problem, except when you factor in that you can't ever really "carry" somebody in this game like you can in LoL or DotA 2. An exceptional/good player can't really compensate for a wholly awful one and the big problem with HotS is that just 1 bad player ruins you in teamfights. If they don't figure out some way to individually weigh your contributions toward your ranking, I don't see how this will ever be fun outside of a 4 or 5 man.

And getting rid of dailies/changing them so that people aren't "forced" into doing shit they hate would help alleviate some of the "idgaf" issues plaguing hero league.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Lol if you don't use 5-10 minute AI games to open a daily spot when you have a very limited amount of time to play on a day. Got 2 get paid

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If you aren't actively enjoying the game even if you want to play casually it would take hours to get enough gold (even just doing daily games) to pay for a new hero. I'd rather just fork over the $10/mo than have to waste my time in AI games just to generate gold.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
How does one only play ai and actually enjoy it ? I feel like that would be playing wow for the questing.
Its like the coop in lol you do it when testing out a new champ or a new build if you just want to mess around and don't want to get yelled at by random team mates for doing it wrong.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
AI makes people feel good at these games - and takes the stress out of competing against other humans. I have plenty of friends who just don't enjoy the serious business of real multiplayer to get heavily into any Moba or other competitive gaming genre. It certainly can be used for testing purposes. But there are entire groups of players that live entirely in Coop/AI modes (lol/dota/heroes). Or in custom or alternate game modes. Its like playing PvE/Coop Moba for them, collect them all style stuff.

Needless

Toe Sucker
lmao, i just had the dumbest 5v5 team league wins i've ever played. full 5 melee team vs mages n shit lol

our team
Kharazim
Tyrael
Stiches
Zeratul
Johanna

their team
kael
Jaina
rehgar
leoric
tassadar

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Looks decent. Not bad for being free.

rrr_img_107717.jpg

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Care to go deeper and explain?
Most of the complaints are that it's a snowball map, but I think that's because people haven't figured out how to defend a punisher push. They don't attack like other bosses do and people haven't figured that out yet.

My biggest problem with the map is how the spires work. They're 100% win or 100% lose even if it's 30-29. I also don't particularly like the one-shot minions which favors aoe comps moreso than other map's objectives.

Tweaks I think would improve map:
Punisher strength scales based on magnitude of spire win.
5-10 second wind up on punisher spawn similar to grave golem or immortals.
Increasing kill count to spawn 2nd+ punisher.
Despawn merc camps when punisher is out.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, first international LAN tourney yesterday/today.

China and SEA had visa issues so that was bullshit and I missed the MVP Black/Team Liquid set - it was apparently epic, but TL got fucking bodied by C9. Big surprise there, not sure if they were on tilt or what but they got fucking swatted. Outdrafted and rekt in team fights 4 level lead at one point and the last game was sub 15 minutes. Interested to see how TS does against our Korean overlords.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Don't they have any good VoDs for this shit? There's the twitch past broadcast stuff, but about halfway the sound becomes desynced and it's terrible to watch, and I'm pretty sure it's missing matches.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
The stream it was on was fucking shit all the way through, drops, lag, terrible production value. I wouldn't hold for good vods tbh.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks like they are restricting Hero League play to solo/duo queue only with their next update, not sure if that means Rexxar release or what.