Heroes of the Storm

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Totally agree with that article -- and he is spot on for the two OP champs I've noticed. Raynor/Kerrigan are beasts.

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Nope I agree with you. That article made the game how I thought.. very simple.

My biggest concern is that by removing individual elements they have left only one aspect for.determining the better team; teamwork. And as anyone that plays mobas knows, team play is probably the most frustrated aspect in the genre.

I really see this like battlegrounds. 2 unorganized teams will essentially fight. a battle of attrition... but an organized team vs an unorganized one will just be a complete stomp every time.

Still excited to play for a lot of the reasons others are... and its free so can't complain too much... but I dont see this being a pub only game.. more likely for small groups of friends which is actually what I'm looking for.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I must be missing something, because that write-up does very little to make the game sound deep or complex by any stretch of the imagination. Players here have made stronger arguments.
Yes, what you are missing is that a game doesn't require last-hitting to be a good game. Clearly you aren't the target audience of this game or that article.

As the article points out, yes it simplifies things, but it doesn't make them so simplistic that it isn't fun. In fact, the simplicity adds to the fun as you can concentrate on other things rather than worrying about tedious crap like last-hitting. Also, the 20-25 minute matches are just a much better length of time for most people than the hour of other MOBAs.

Sulrn

Deuces
So I'm wrong about the article saying the game is simple because it's refined simplicity that makes the game fun? Okay, thanks for that. I made no move to argue the game's specific mechanics or lack therof, only that you misrepresented the game and what the article says about the game - which you did very clearly.

khalid

Unelected Mod
So I'm wrong about the article saying the game is simple because it's refined simplicity that makes the game fun? Okay, thanks for that. I made no move to argue the game's specific mechanics or lack therof, only that you misrepresented the game and what the article says about the game - which you did very clearly.
False, the article clears says the game isn't too simplistic. That while it simplifies mechanics, the game is very fun and engaging. If the summary of that article could possibly be something like "game is too simple", then it surely wouldn't have the positive tone it has throughout.

You aren't the target audience for this game though. Nothing is going to convince you.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Just got into alpha on Friday - surprised at how few people are streaming this on twitch. I'm a moba noob, never really played them, but it's definitely a fun game. Would be more fun with friends for sure, but the pubs I've been in haven't been that bad. Of course if you start off poorly someone bails right away, but I've always been able to find another solid player or two and salvage some fun from a losing game.

Not sure how I feel about the $10 per hero - seems pretty unreasonable. Would like to see it at $5 or something.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah they did a large wave of invites it seems. They do them kinda every week though. Kinda wish they had an euro server, or accept euro accounts money/paypal. I'd probably buy a couple of heroes but they don't want me to give them money.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Anyone playing this? Would be fun with some bros. Solo q is crushing my soul. Proobs#1918

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Yeah they did a large wave of invites it seems. They do them kinda every week though. Kinda wish they had an euro server, or accept euro accounts money/paypal. I'd probably buy a couple of heroes but they don't want me to give them money.
slap 30$ on there ill buy the early access

Yugamic#1492

I really want to like this game. Truly I do. No matter how much they simplify things, solo queue is still the same old story. Sometimes you're on a competent team. The rest of the time, you're locked in a game with people you don't know or care about waiting for it to end. At this point I'm convinced that someone could create a video game that is simply 'press the number 2' and some neanderthal would sit there mashing 3 on their keypad while blaming everyone else for their lack of success. God bless modern online gaming.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Yugamic#1492

I really want to like this game. Truly I do. No matter how much they simplify things, solo queue is still the same old story. Sometimes you're on a competent team. The rest of the time, you're locked in a game with people you don't know or care about waiting for it to end. At this point I'm convinced that someone could create a video game that is simply 'press the number 2' and some neanderthal would sit there mashing 3 on their keypad while blaming everyone else for their lack of success. God bless modern online gaming.
Some people say that the only way to play MOBAs is with a team. Fuck that. The real challenge is going in solo and trying to do well with a bunch of full retards.

Sulrn

Deuces
Some people say that the only way to play MOBAs is with a team. Fuck that. The real challenge is going in solo and trying to do well with a bunch of full retards.
I think that may be the strongest argument for tiered skill levels being in HoTs - players rated by how many retards they can carry in a neutered game.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
How does this compare to Smite? Is it LoL based movement or more like Smite movement? I don't have timne to play abunch of different games but I'd like to pick one and focus on it. So far Smite isn't giving me any reason to complain (only played the weekend but have 10 hours into it and loving it). I'd like to play something with some staying power is the only reason the blizz game would appeal if it was similar but I won't touch it if its point and click crap.