Heroes of the Storm

Caliane

nova is quintessential pubstomper. Decoy works wonders for escaping. use brush.

Falstad is probably my favorite. with brightwing next.

Vittra

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Now after playing a month and a half or so I've grown to really love Brightwing, Tassadar and Valla a lot. Someone was talking about LiLi on the last page, and yeah she is probably the best throughput healer but it is all she has. No other utility really which is why even with the buffs most people don't play her. Malf/Brightwing/Uther all have CC which makes them more valuable

Xith

Just have to watch your positioning and know ability ranges along with picking your battles.

@Xith- I think Illidian's metamorphisis is completely useless personally compared to his other ult.
I disagree. The Hunt is fun for surprising heroes with low health, but it's not great for team fights. Also, its not that uncommon for something to interrupt or cause it to fail and then you just blew your ult for nothing. I can't tell you how many times I see Illidan's take it, and die immediately after using it. Metamorphisis is good in general, but especially in team fights. It can be used as an escape mechanism also. I take it almost 100% of the time personally.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Ya , I am the opposite, I have never touched Meta since I unlocked The Hunt. I think I have only had it interrupted 1 time (I have him at level 9). I suppose that is probably the difference , I play with a group of 2-3 other people and there is no escape. We go in and we commit usually so I make sure to dive their highest damage. lol. All I know is every time I see a Meta Illidan I breathe a sigh of relief, laugh, and destroy him so it wouldn't surprise me if they are all bad that I have come across and don't use it right.

Also, I should say no matter who I play I rarely run escapes so I suppose that is why The Hunt scares me more when I play against Illidan's. I am by no means saying I am right as well, just as to why even though I believe some of the "pros" take Meta as well I probably never will. I don't get the same results as with the The Hunt.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Illidan's metamorphosis is awesome and a lot better for teamfights imo, because illidan's the first one to get focused in most fights unless you have a nova or jaina hanging around. I think that's the ability most dedicated illidan's I know use. The hp regen and speed buff makes him a monster. Hunt is good for picking off stragglers and getting around fast, but in situations where the enemy team arrives at an objective (ie- tribute) all at once rather than is split up, meta is best imo. On situations where the teams are split up, like dragon knight shrines, the hunt shines. It's all a matter of if you want to focus on teamfights or pick-offs. I feel like teamfights are a bit more important and if the teams running around deathballing objectives it makes the hunt lose most of its value.

Meta basically has: has invincibility frames, ability to pop out of CC, another closer, speed buff, hp regen and AE damage on par with the single target of the hunt. Hunt has pure mobility.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Ya, I probably didn't make it clear but, I assume since the "better" than me players or "pros" (if you can even consider anybody that yet) use it then Meta is probably the better choice. That being said, I will never use Meta so doesn't matter to me. My group of friends rarely full 5v5 or 4v4 team fight so the mobility is huge for me as I often find myself off pushing some where, doing camps or roaming hardcore. We usually win by forcing advantages off them being down in numbers before objectives (killing someone before mines open, tribute spawns , etc) and I always assume the random or randoms on our team are garbage and proceed to play without them.

Along that same thought is the idea that I actually don't care as much about losing in this game compared to say Dota or League so I feel less need to conform to norms and just build Champs to my play style (for example I rarely run an escape like Bolt of Storm or any kind of shielding) which is building all out damage and trying to out play or blow somebody up.

Tenks

Pugging hammer isn't so bad as long as you don't go full siege build. I don't play her often but I like this build:

Heroes of the Storm (Heroes) Builds Guides, wiki, database and forums. Heroes Hero Build Guides on HeroesFire Wiki!

1-10 is just focusing on survival stuff mostly. Then towards the latter part you become an absolute pain in the ass with swarms of mini-knockback mines. Just know that you have to be very careful about when to enter siege mode (with this build I'm in tank mode probably 90% of the time) and require extreme amounts of minimap awareness to make sure you don't get ganked. If you set up shop and get ganked down because you didn't notice 3 heroes were unaccounted for on the minimap thats on you.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, my biggest problem with sgt hammer the first time I played her was I had the sc mindset in that I always needed to be sieged. Play her more like a ranged assassin and only siege when you know no enemy heroes are around or your team is sieging a position so you have them there to defend you.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
You really just can't siege without having your thrusters up. Unless they have a ton of stuns you could easily get out of most situations unless thrusters are on cooldown.

Caliane

You really just can't siege without having your thrusters up. Unless they have a ton of stuns you could easily get out of most situations unless thrusters are on cooldown.
which is really the core piece of advice, and probably should be in the skill description or something.
"Thrusters takes you out of seige instantly, and really should be used exclusively as an escape tool 99.99% of the time"

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Yap pretty much. That is why I always skill the CD reduction of thrusters. Too valuable not to have up as much as possible.

Crazily

N00b
WTB access =/

Long time Dota/HoN player and itching to try this....I never have luck with Blizzard betas. The only one I have been in was vanilla wow!

Caliane

WTB access =/

Long time Dota/HoN player and itching to try this....I never have luck with Blizzard betas. The only one I have been in was vanilla wow!
you're not really missing all that much. go play some poroking.
(again, not to say its bad. just alpha/beta still. come back in 9months.)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
you're not really missing all that much. go play some poroking.
(again, not to say its bad. just alpha/beta still. come back in 9months.)
Inclined to agree, going from LoL to this just seems.....hard to explain but its not as appealing as i initially thought it would be. The heroes just arent that interesting to play with.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks for the replies, kind of a bummer as those are the characters I liked lol. Anyway, if anyone is not playing seriously I'm still running co-ops but would love to group up for some basic leveling as that xp bonus is huuuuuuge. Archaleus#1384.
Its funny how an avatar kinda puts a face to someone, I've seen you in hots recently and was trying to think of where I knew from. I'll toss you an invite next time I see you on if I'm not full.

Also I think I added the ppl who posted their bnet tag to the op, let me know if I missed anyone and you'd like to be added. Not too many ppl on it seems, I've been playing w/ friends most of the time lately.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
No worries Mures, I've seen you pop on from time to time but I'm still learning and don't want to fuck up anyones MMR or w/e. I've been running Co-op mode mostly now, taken 5 heroes up to level 5 (Muradin, Sonya, Falstad, Uther, Illidan) and have Raynor at 3 I think. I have 2 more that I bought to take at least to 5 (Malfurian and Valla). I like the game so far, not spending gold yet since I have no idea whats worth buying. I see what everyone was saying about Illidan, man he is fun but holy shit is he easy to fuck up. Sonya seems like a fucking meat grinder, Muradin was fun Falstad was pretty good too. I did not like Uther, I don't mind support but I think Ranged support may be the way to go.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Missed the battlenet list in the OP, should add mine as well even though I'm pretty much in AU timezone so likely won't see many people, mostly playing as ranged assassin unless daily requires playing as something else

knytestorme#1390