Hex: Shards of Fate TCG - Set 7: Frostheart 6/29/17

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep. The newbie decks are pretty terrible, and there are a lot of people that have dumped absolutely ludicrous money into it already, so expect to get exploded a lot of matches. The AI is more even matchups but the AI is also spectacularly terrible at the moment ( Kranok, in particular, loves milling himself with giant corpse flies, last AI game against him he forced himself to discard a high tomb lord and 3 murders. )
I wouldn't recommend the beta for non kickstarter backers at the moment. That will change when they add the PVE stuff in ( their intention is for all PVE cards to be gathered from PVE and crafting ), but there's no been no sign of it yet.
Yeah I am finding myself not playing much really, I ordered vip though. Should i just save the packs for entry fees to drafts? And is there a complete card listing on a website somewhere? Any help is appreciated.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I am finding myself not playing much really, I ordered vip though. Should i just save the packs for entry fees to drafts? And is there a complete card listing on a website somewhere? Any help is appreciated.
It's generally recommended by the more experienced people to use packs only for drafts - absolute worst case in a draft you get the three packs you put in plus 5k gold, but if the people in draft are trying to win, they will often take less valuable cards that are more likely to help them win, so you get a slightly better than average 3 pack contents, especially if you are going for a different color than everyone else. Plus draft is on an even playing field for everyone, and is quite fun - once you get good at it there's a reasonable chance of taking prizes as well.

hextcgpro.comhas some good info, they are trying to set up as a third party trading site, so they are already trying to put values on individual cards etc. ( I wouldn't buy anything off them, but it's nice to have a comparison of values etc )

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can hardly wait for tournaments to come back up. I love draft format and look forward to constructed once I have stuff to construct with. If possible always try to use packs for drafts as you get the better deal from it. Not often, but occasionally, somebody will pass you something that just makes you /boggle. A good example is when I have twice been passed Soul Marble and once passed Jadiim. I love the skill of the game and realizing that there are times when hate drafting is appropriate.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's generally recommended by the more experienced people to use packs only for drafts - absolute worst case in a draft you get the three packs you put in plus 5k gold, but if the people in draft are trying to win, they will often take less valuable cards that are more likely to help them win, so you get a slightly better than average 3 pack contents, especially if you are going for a different color than everyone else. Plus draft is on an even playing field for everyone, and is quite fun - once you get good at it there's a reasonable chance of taking prizes as well.

hextcgpro.comhas some good info, they are trying to set up as a third party trading site, so they are already trying to put values on individual cards etc. ( I wouldn't buy anything off them, but it's nice to have a comparison of values etc )
Thanks for the info.

Found this as well has all the cards I believe:Hex TCG Browser Deckbuilder | Search all Hex TCG cards and manage your collection and decks

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you get this card in your opening hand it is so fucking awesome

rrr_img_66384.jpg

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
FYI tournaments are back up. So far I have completed 5 Draft. Bottom 4 in 3 of them (5k gold) and 2nd round in the other 2 (2 set 1 boosters and 10k gold).

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
YES. I'm not sure if there is any deck that exists that shouldn't have 4 of these unless you really don't want to reveal your cards for something.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tournaments are finally back up and seem to be holding pretty well. I am now 2 for 2 winning top position on drafts. There are still some situational glitches that probabaly involve players losing connection and such. It is nice to finally be able to play again.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Won my first match, lost my second, waiting on the other guys to finish to see if I get 3rd or 4th in this draft. I did snag a Vampire King in the draft though, so either way, I'm already happy!

First draft I opened up the take an extra turn mythic and the power/toughness equal to your life + lifelink guy for 8 in my 2nd. Then I proceeded to play poorly with my blue/white deck and lost in the first round. 2nd draft I again drafted blue/white and felt I drafted a lot of garbage. I had no bombs. Just flyers and 1/4s to block on the ground. A lot more removal spells got passed to me the 2nd draft. Ended up winning that one. So worked out pretty well.

Seems like everyone just drafts their rare first. I know I do. Don't know what anything is going to be worth, so I don't want to miss out. I did see one rare passed though. It blows up all your land and gives you a 3/3 for each one. Passed that shit on.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I'll add you when I get home, but my deck testing/trading will probably be minimal. I have 100 packs left unopened and I want to keep them that way for cheap drafting. I plan to build my set 1 by the cards I draft and trade/sell off of that.
In a Draft at the moment waiting for the other semi finalist to finish their game so we can play the final. Been waiting a half hour and it's just gone to 1-1. Some guy called OUAriakas.....

Mikey78_sl

shitlord
went 2-1 in my draft last night. mono red orc deck. The guy who beat me in the finals played blood / diamond and it was not even close.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dont understand the hero powers very well, I have managed to activate it but I have no clue how it recharges, figured it was something you could do every turn provided you have mana but it must not work that way.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also looks like you cannot leave a tournament until it is over. I lost the first round of a draft and wanted to start another one, it won't let me leave the lobby and says if I do leave I will forfeit my 5000 gold "losers award"

Vitality

HUSTLE
I dont understand the hero powers very well, I have managed to activate it but I have no clue how it recharges, figured it was something you could do every turn provided you have mana but it must not work that way.
Champions gain charges in a few ways:

Playing a resource card awards your champion 1 charge.

Running shrine of prosperity as seen above adds an additional charge to each resource you reveal while you have shrine on the board.

Charge Bot (1 cost colorless: As this troop comes into play gain 1 charge)

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Champions gain charges in a few ways:

Playing a resource card awards your champion 1 charge.

Running shrine of prosperity as seen above adds an additional charge to each resource you reveal while you have shrine on the board.

Charge Bot (1 cost colorless: As this troop comes into play gain 1 charge)
Thanks for explaining. That makes the more expensive champion abilities much less appealing unless you are trying to build a deck to recharge those resources.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Thanks for explaining. That makes the more expensive champion abilities much less appealing unless you are trying to build a deck to recharge those resources.
Yeah something like a Sapphire Wild charge-bot return to hand giant squirrel champion power deck?