Hex: Shards of Fate TCG - Set 7: Frostheart 6/29/17

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
For card games, I'd argue that poker and bridge both have far better real life competitive play scenes. Bridge is mostly populated by old people, but the high level competitions are way better handled than GPs and Pro Tours and despite cashing at GP Minneapolis I had more fun at most major (read: national level or above) bridge tournaments I've been too.
Huh, my Dad is retired and dropped by my place last night on his tour of the US doing Bridge tournaments. He was talking about getting certified as a bridge instructor and doing that on cruises. I guess bridge is more serious than I thought then.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Understanding the Wizards v. Hex Lawsuit (in plain English) | Quiet Speculation - Learn. Trade. Profit.

Good article.

I can tell you that Cryptozoic were well aware of the patents when making the game. I think they believe that the patents in question are beatable. Copyright claims are really hard when dealing with video games copying other video games, so I don't see them winning there.

There's also the fact that they can't stop Hex from operating in countries that aren't the United States. WotC sued Ubisoft over Duels of the Champions but they continued to publish it everywhere but America until the case was resolved.
Maybe that is one of the reasons their online store is actually in Germany?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Played my first draft the other night, placed 2nd (+3 booster packs +17kg) ran a UB Midrange Flyer Control deck. Effigy of Nulzaan (2/2 for 3 with minor socket) (SP?) with the blue flight gem did a lot of work for me.

Also Thunderbird is the real deal.

Also free Comet Strike (legendary ~$5) and Storm Colossus (rare +potential high dollar amount)

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately those codes were all gone in less than an hour it looks like. Damn!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Is there a video tutorial of this game anywhere that someone would recommend? I'm so fucking confused right now.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Comet Strike is a terrible card.
I'll lol if comet strike is a $5 rare. That pos is the epitome of your 99c rare box card and that is being generous. We did a draft yesterday and that thing went around the table, nobody wanted it over even a mediocre common card.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
HexTCG ?@HexTCG 1m
Also, so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle, we'll be releasing 1 beta code to all Kickstarter and PayPal backers tonight

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If anyone gets one (I'm taking that to mean they're giving out EXTRA ones to them) - I'd really be curious to give it a shot.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Maybe those in beta know the answers to these questions.

1) I assume that anything you spend real money on you get to keep for release. Can't imagine it working any other way.

2) If you get in from a beta key and spend no money, do you keep all your cards/stuff for release?

3) If you get in from a beta key and spend money at a later date, do you keep *everything* you've accumulated for release?

velk

Trakanon Raider
Maybe those in beta know the answers to these questions.

1) I assume that anything you spend real money on you get to keep for release. Can't imagine it working any other way.

2) If you get in from a beta key and spend no money, do you keep all your cards/stuff for release?

3) If you get in from a beta key and spend money at a later date, do you keep *everything* you've accumulated for release?
Yes to all.

Beta key if anyone wants to try it out. Keep in mind there's no PVE at the moment, so the only thing you can do without spending any cash is to duel other people with a starter deck, or play against a pretty weak AI.

Send me a PM if you use it, so I can edit it out.

edit: gone now