Hex: Shards of Fate TCG - Set 7: Frostheart 6/29/17

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's pretty cool that even after the lawsuit announcement that demand for keys has only increased. All these new players coming in probably realize they are going to have to spend another 30$ bucks just on packs to even play a decent deck but that isn't stopping anyone.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

If you have any other questions ask them here and I'll do my best to get to them.
Thanks that video taught me I am not an idiot, I was experiencing the AI bug where no one can move!

It's pretty cool that even after the lawsuit announcement that demand for keys has only increased. All these new players coming in probably realize they are going to have to spend another 30$ bucks just on packs to even play a decent deck but that isn't stopping anyone.
No such thing as Bad Publicity.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It certainly is an interesting side effect of the lawsuit. If Hasbro doesn't walk away a winner here, they've done nothing but help Hex. There are articles about this suit in EVERY TCC site and blog. You just can't buy that type of advertising.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I will not put any money into this game until the law suit is dealt with. The TCG in SWG broke my heart. It was the 1st and only TCG I played, I probably dropped $400 on it over a year or two. I had hoped Sony would rework it is a bit and let people keep their TCG accounts when SWG was shut down, but that never happened. I am leery of putting money into any online TCG now let a lone one with a law suit pending.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I will not put any money into this game until the law suit is dealt with. The TCG in SWG broke my heart. It was the 1st and only TCG I played, I probably dropped $400 on it over a year or two. I had hoped Sony would rework it is a bit and let people keep their TCG accounts when SWG was shut down, but that never happened. I am leery of putting money into any online TCG now let a lone one with a law suit pending.
As a KS backer with more then $500 in the hole I know where you are coming from. I'm hoping for minor win's at best where all Crypto would need to do is change their product a bit more. There is probably a real limit to just how much Hasbro could win given that after a certain level of ruling it would mean *all* tcg's everywhere are infringing on MTG and the implications of that are mind boggling.

I'm confident that no matter what Hasbro has zero case on the PvE side since MTG isn't PVE in any way. So it is just a question of differentiating Hex enough on the PvP side. This is good because the PvE side was what was going to bring in the majority of new players over time.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Welp, it looks like beta invites are going to become significantly more useful soon.

From thefriday updatethey are planning for the june content patch to include, as well as the AH, the first bit of PVE

Starter Trials
For every starter deck a player owns, they can enter a Starter Trial for free. This involves playing against the AI using their starter deck. The AI's decks are thematically designed to be competitive with the specific starter deck they are using and get progressively harder throughout the Trial. After each victory, the player is rewarded with new cards to add to their existing starter deck and help them in their next challenge. At the end of the trial, the player gets to unlock an additional 15 cards to help their deck. A player does not have to play the games in succession and can come back to the Trial any time they want. A loss against the computer allows the player to replay that specific match until they win.
and a much more sensible solution to gencon bonus stuff ( they were originally going to be included in chests that came from packs opened during the gencon period )

We are going to create a new item that you can loot and call them Holiday Gifts or Gen Con Gifts (final names TBD). These items will drop from various activities in the game and won't be tied to packs, Wheels of Fate, or Chests. Examples where you might see these drops will include (not all are going to be implemented immediately, and they may be subject to change):

• Wins from matchmaking (not the challenge button-the blind matchmaking)
  • Completion of quests in the game
  • Progression through PvE content
This gives us a bit more flexibility for giving out seasonal loot. Of course anything tied to a convention promotion will still be available on site at the show via a redeemable code. We believe that between the codes and the drops in game we can get these items to almost anyone who wants them. In the end, the point was to make something fun and cool, not have people feel left out. except SLEEVES! Con exclusive sleeves will ONLY be available at the show; I think it's a reasonably cool way to show you attended an event without having it impact gameplay.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
That is correct Braen. Do you still need a beta invite? Would you use it knowing that you have to throw down $7 per tourney?

Vitality

HUSTLE
So far, the only way to gain cards in this game is to pay for packs/drafts?
Rolling chests from Packs also has a chance at giving you alt-art cards + rares. Need Gold to roll chests, gold is won in tournaments currently. I've gotten some rare incantations this way.

They're adding some tutorial AI games in soon it looks like, supposed to award some cards to supplement the starter decks etc.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The tentative date for AH is June 18th. I hope they implement flat out trading at the same time, as trading for money seems like a more complicated version of trading for free.

Mikey78_sl

shitlord
Once the AH gets going, I will be able to share a significant # of cards with whoever wants them. I also have 2 30 pack codes that I am willing to gift to people who show they are going to be active (I really do not need any more set 1 packs).

ps. my name in game is Freeport

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The tentative date for AH is June 18th. I hope they implement flat out trading at the same time, as trading for money seems like a more complicated version of trading for free.
I would be surprised if they released both at the same time. They are seriously taking their time about releasing features as to make sure they work. The threat that comes to my mind is duping. As soon as an AH or trade become available, you know that there are people who will try to dupe plat by using server lag or multiple simultaneous actions as their platform. I really hope they are putting the system through the ringer.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I got a key and I plan on playing as I get some extra income. The thing that draws me to Hearthstone, while it is a much shallower game, I can pick up a pack of cards for free every couple of days just by doing the dailies. I love the tourney options in Hex and plan on doing that a lot, again as soon as I get some extra cash.

I have a friend that really wants in though.