Hex: Shards of Fate TCG - Set 7: Frostheart 6/29/17

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am not sure why that is a problem. Granted they need to get the PvE out but I think they have found that the PvE is even more complicated than the PvP. Given that Set 1 has almost been played for 9 months, I do not mind Set 2 coming out before release. I am hoping that since the new UI is in place, other content will start coming out at a faster pace. We shall see. I am guessing that to a degree the new UI pretty much required a complete rebuild of the game but with the knowledge they possessed from the previous code. This perhaps is why it took so long.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well the game has been unlocked. They are not calling it an Open Beta but it is an Open Beta now. This feels really odd but I guess they need more players. They say it is for stress testing but I am inclined to think it is for more funds.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well the game has been unlocked. They are not calling it an Open Beta but it is an Open Beta now. This feels really odd but I guess they need more players. They say it is for stress testing but I am inclined to think it is for more funds.
They need to roll out at least one of their single player modules they have been previewing. The campaign stuff looks awesome but the wait has been forever.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Interest in this title seems to have waned for a large portion of the TCG community from what I can tell. Probably the minor impact patches and updates week to week, lack of tournament queue stability and lack of overall reason to play really.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Interest in this title seems to have waned for a large portion of the TCG community from what I can tell. Probably the minor impact patches and updates week to week, lack of tournament queue stability and lack of overall reason to play really.
It is difficult enjoying half of a game that currently relies on new players wanting to spend real money despite the bugs and lack of a complete game as originally advertised in the Kick Starter.

Vitality

HUSTLE
It is difficult enjoying half of a game that currently relies on new players wanting to spend real money despite the bugs and lack of a complete game as originally advertised in the Kick Starter.
Yeah I had a lot of fun play testing with some of my friends while this title was still fresh a few months ago. This crap is just taking forever to get off the ground. Like you said it's a fairly incomplete package as it stands now.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is fun arguing with players about the definition of Open. Apparently for CZE and some of the player base, Open is not really open. It is kind of open but because they are not saying it is open, then it is not open. The Fuck?

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
As long as its not 'Open' they probably have more wiggle room against an injunction from the WOTC lawsuit.

Who know...but I'm started to be a bit concerned for the game. I thought set 2 was suppose to be out a few months ago? Also the lack of any PvE content for this long makes me thing they are really stuck on creating it. They are getting close to running out of KS funds at this point too if they pay their employees the market rate. And if they aren't paying their employees the market rate people are going to start leaving the project to make real money soon.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I do not think an Injunction is what stops them. They were due to go into Open Beta this year. Whether now or then for an injunction would not matter that much. I have been getting concerned for a while. The fact that they have not shared anything but some graphics concerning the PvE up to this point also makes me wonder if they just do not know how to handle this program. The PvP is pretty well done and nicely balanced. I think they are realizing that the PvP was actually the easy part of the dream.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I can't imagine it's easy to create an AI that can handle a game like this, unless you simply give it more powerful decks/gimmicks to offset it's stupidity. You know, what most creators of AI for games do.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't imagine it's easy to create an AI that can handle a game like this, unless you simply give it more powerful decks/gimmicks to offset it's stupidity. You know, what most creators of AI for games do.
I log in once a week to do my "free" pro kickstarter level draft and that is it. Yesterday I saw that I could get some free gold by playing the starter deck AI so I went through that. I was amazed at how bad the AI is. Killing the wrong creatures, buffing the wrong creatures, making the wrong blocks. etc. They are nowhere near where they need to be with the AI and that is probably why they cant release the PVE stuff.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I log in once a week to do my "free" pro kickstarter level draft and that is it. Yesterday I saw that I could get some free gold by playing the starter deck AI so I went through that. I was amazed at how bad the AI is. Killing the wrong creatures, buffing the wrong creatures, making the wrong blocks. etc. They are nowhere near where they need to be with the AI and that is probably why they cant release the PVE stuff.
Man I new it was bad when the Poca AI would cast blaze elemental hero power after combat phase.. I know they patched it out and stuff. The bad thing is that it took them months upon months to fix just that one thing.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I doubt that's the main reason - PVP AI is a ridiculously complicated affair, for PVE they can just slap together decks of OP cards in a fixed order so the AI doesn't really need to make much in the way of decisions, and still have it playable - look at the success of duels of the planeswalkers.

The bigger issue, as I see it, is that they are top notch game designers and atrocious software developers. There's a lot of warning signs around their patches about problems with fundamental architecture - seeing cards that have been untouched for a year suddenly start exhibiting bizarre behavior when they change something completely unrelated is really disturbing, for example. It's also evident that the AI and players do not use the same code for the card effects, as one or the other is often different.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Set 2: Shattered Destiny lauched today. Major patch included updates to the UI. Looks and plays more smoothly now. GET IN.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
How about that PvE content
I have no interest in PvE, this is my replacement for MTGO.

Seriously though, if you haven't given the game a go in a few months then you should really jump on and play for the PvP. The card sets are pretty damn good and the drafting is seriously fun.

PvE is allegedly coming in Jan. Some sort of Arena. No dungeons yet. Supposedly they got the first dungeon about ready for release soon after arena. But set 2 was planned for Aug at one point. Pretty standard delays for mmos I s'pose.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
'We will likely have a big post on the state of arena sometime in the next 30 days. Need to see where the current patch is first' was their response to me on twitter earlier in the week.

Can see the eventual full launch PR.

'We are live, buy set 5!'

Myst

Peasant
I have no interest in PvE, this is my replacement for MTGO.

Seriously though, if you haven't given the game a go in a few months then you should really jump on and play for the PvP. The card sets are pretty damn good and the drafting is seriously fun.
This x2. I really think they did a great job with the latest patch. Set 2 is extremely fun and I strongly believe they are heading in the right direction, but at a slower pace than I would've liked. That said, I am having a blast in draft.

If anyone wants or needs any Commons or uncommons hit me up. I have 30-50 of each sitting in my collection and they won't sell for much.