Hex: Shards of Fate TCG - Set 7: Frostheart 6/29/17

Raign

Golden Squire
Actually, I didn't use a 'burn' deck and cleared every fight in the game (though I did use a custom deck for Myth 6 and big momma worm). That said, it takes a pretty good collection including a lot of legendary cards -- it likely would not be viable to have a slower tempo of game with a starter deck + a few rares.

I mostly abused the shit out of swift strike creatures early game + cheap removal (Burn (increased to 3 damage per)/ murder/inner conflict (attacks another opponents creatures), to buy time early, then relied on a mixed bag of legendary big hitters around turn 7.

The thing I found that worked was to splash multiple colors to help get around the rarity limits. It meant I did get threshold screwed some of the time, but mulligans could usually produce a nice quick starting hand and playing as a mage helped with late card draw.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Clerics can play slow decks if built properly. The talent point that gives every cleric unit in your deck lifedrain means you can outlast almost all of the enemy specials. White/blood clerics (necrotic, higher level shinhare) do this exceptionally well since most of the best units of those colors are cleric units anyway, and they have units that synergize super well like righteous paladin (gain +1/+1 every time you gain a point of life), and legionares of adamath which give every friendly cleric on the field +1/1 when you play an inspire.

My shinhare cleric is so far the only deck that's been able to clear devonshire (final dungeon) since yeah all of the enemy specials are sick amount of incoming dps, so none of my non-heal decks could survive very long. I started with one of the budget decks Nicosharp posted on the official forums then modified it some to my own tastes. Ended the fight against Wiktor with 114 life and a sick board. Took a screenshot of the final turn:
deck.jpg

I do agree it's a flaw in their design though that it's either build a deck with sick healing, or win by turn 5 or so. It means control mages etc are just really not viable for a lot of the content. 14 starting life total and no healing means you would unavoidably die from like half of the hero powers in devonshire before round 6.
Yea that last part was more of what I was referring to. Its either abuse the affinity engine for clerics or warriors and win fast or by getting overwhelming life, mages get boned hard where I found with 14 health I've had to play a bunch of lifedrain creatures or ways to heal to get around this issue which warrior/cleric dont need to worry about really, and that a standard MtG say, blue/white or mono blue archetype control deck would just get run over by charge powers which you cant do anything about/counter. Keep in mind, Im not playing with thousands of plat worth of cards.

It seems like a major design flaw to bone hard control like this, especially with the fact that mage spell powers get more costly to use throughout the match. Playing a necrotic mage without heaps of money invested is pretty much 10x harder than turning stuff sideways with orcs or just sitting back gaining stupid amounts of life with clerics. You'd have to invest a ton of money into sets of extinctions etc to be viable, and even then, you can just get burned down as you said with all the burning debuffs you get in places like Devonshire. I think either some kind of change needs to happen to affinity or mages need a serious buff.

I guess we will have to wait to see what the next tiers brings. The hard restrictions on card limit for rarity seem really unbalancing and also give some races clear advantages over others.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Really wish the Mage Affinity added Charge instead of 1SP, it's kind of silly how much worse it is than the Warrior one. It's like you're getting 2-3/4th of a Charge per mage troop you play.

Maybe Spellpower will prove to be more valuable as the talent tree expands. Of course, it could take anywhere from 3 months to 3 years for them to expand the level range to the full 30...

Mikey78_sl

shitlord
ended up beating piranhas with 4x sorrow and 2x that maggot that replicates for each troop that died that turn. On turn two, I think he had 10 fish out who all died to 1 mana sorrow and then I had 10 1/1's on the board who could block while I got damage out on the board.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea its a good card. White weenie (screw Hex's color words) if you have access to the color is the easiest to faceroll that encounter with all kinds of great low cost blockers and removal hate like stinging ambush.

Spirit of Retributionif you never played it with the equip is a bigtime game changer vs a lot of the dungeon encounters like Devonshire or the chained zombie and makes them infinitely easier to beat. Diamond just > all other colors for dungeons imo. Zero cost 2/4 flying lifelink quick troop? Yea sign me up. Stop all kinds of random 3/1 flyers you see in the blue decks, or the giant mosquito things that make you discard as well. One of my favorite cards for pve

velk

Trakanon Raider
Spirit of Retributionif you never played it with the equip is a bigtime game changer vs a lot of the dungeon encounters like Devonshire or the chained zombie and makes them infinitely easier to beat. Diamond just > all other colors for dungeons imo. Zero cost 2/4 flying lifelink quick troop? Yea sign me up. Stop all kinds of random 3/1 flyers you see in the blue decks, or the giant mosquito things that make you discard as well. One of my favorite cards for pve
Ethereal Healer with gear is pretty epic too - 2/3 lifedrain, gear gives it a 5% chance to go into play from hand, deck or crypt whenever you gain life - it also heals you for 1 at the start of the game, so it can put itself into play on your opponents turn before they play anything ;p

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did anybody buy the raid leader/guild leader tier or higher? Now that PVE is out and is good I'm wishing I had purchased the higher tier and not the pro backer level.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Turns out that Collector was the tier to be in. Those exclusive AA cards are great and selling just the ones that have already been released would have paid for the purchase two or three fold already.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never jumped on the KS, but I'm still dubious they can ever connect the mmo part to the ccg part. Hell the single player pve is buggy as hell and crashes constantly, and its not like this just started development.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
I bought a KS package, don't even remember which one though. Do they/or the cards have enough value to make initial money back on them?

Raign

Golden Squire
I never jumped on the KS, but I'm still dubious they can ever connect the mmo part to the ccg part. Hell the single player pve is buggy as hell and crashes constantly, and its not like this just started development.
You find? Can't say I have had any issues with it other than the occasional server crash which is to be expected in beta.

Collector tier has definitely proven to be excellent value for money, the alternate art cards are big money on the AH.

Hex Promos

http://www.hexprimal.com/hex-alternate-art-guide/Edit: Another site with the AA

Has all the cards and lists out which come from what source

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You find? Can't say I have had any issues with it other than the occasional server crash which is to be expected in beta.

Collector tier has definitely proven to be excellent value for money, the alternate art cards are big money on the AH.

Hex Promos

http://www.hexprimal.com/hex-alternate-art-guide/Edit: Another site with the AA

Has all the cards and lists out which come from what source
I have a brand new pc, and a lot of people also have big issue with crashes. Might be drivers, its the only game I have had issues with though.

But yea, I don't know if they will ever get the actual mmo part of this game working.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bought a KS package, don't even remember which one though. Do they/or the cards have enough value to make initial money back on them?
Too many variables to answer that question. I spent a total of $310.00 on the game, which included the Pro Tier. I sold my collection and account for $900.00 last month as I just got tired of the time for content and the lack of concern towards bugs in the game.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have a Grand King account that I haven't touched in 9+ months I think. I haven't the slightest PvE deck created yet but I'm thinking of giving it a go. What should I start out with?
rrr_img_126589.jpg

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
With the standard disclaimer that any deck, color, and class is viable in it's own way, especially if you have deep pockets, I'll just say if you want an easy time of the PvE, go cleric class with access to diamond and/or blood. Necrotic cleric has the easiest early game, but shinhare cleric can shit all over the final dungeon with a deck worth less than $3.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Depends which one. If it was pro player, dungeon crawler or collector I would be surprised if you got less than double the ks backer amount you paid for just the account.

Raid leader and guild master I would wait a year or two, they will probably be similar then.

Any of the lower tiers, it would depend what cards you got from the chests.

That's assuming you want to cash out. If you wanted in game stuff, then there is no question on any packages - all of them are worth vastly more than the backer amount.

Raign

Golden Squire
With the standard disclaimer that any deck, color, and class is viable in it's own way, especially if you have deep pockets, I'll just say if you want an easy time of the PvE, go cleric class with access to diamond and/or blood. Necrotic cleric has the easiest early game, but shinhare cleric can shit all over the final dungeon with a deck worth less than $3.
This. Though I found a dual red/ diamond deck using the creatures from white and the direct damage / removal spells from red more stable than a single color of either.

Lusiphur

Peasant
This. Though I found a dual red/ diamond deck using the creatures from white and the direct damage / removal spells from red more stable than a single color of either.
Ok, started PvE with a Shin'hare cleric (custom Champion) and it has a green/purple deck and I can't see a way to build and assign a new deck to him? Still in the first dungeon mind.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok, started PvE with a Shin'hare cleric (custom Champion) and it has a green/purple deck and I can't see a way to build and assign a new deck to him? Still in the first dungeon mind.
Once you clear that first dungeon the deckbuilder and skillbuilder tabs on your bottom left will turn yellow and allow you to edit selections.