Hex: Shards of Fate TCG - Set 7: Frostheart 6/29/17

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm pretty sure the last goal will be disappointing. Hell the 1.16M goal was giving everyone some kind of animation game intro and the people who spent a shit load of money get to have dinner with the devs, but you have to pay for yourself to get there. Yay?

velk

Trakanon Raider
I don't much like Head Games; It's a cute Princess Bridesque "So I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me" scenario, but you're essentially paying mana for something that's just as likely to hurt you as help you. Meh.

General's Tent is thematically similar in that it creates a mind games scenario, but it's a more interesting one. Once you've got a fully armed General's Tent, can they really afford to send all their troops at you, knowing you might have Trap waiting? Can they really afford not to attack knowing you might be able to alpha-strike them with an assassination? Invasion seems like the least interesting from a "surprise!" perspective, but this is an artifact creating more artifacts and that spells "Put me in a dwarf deck for fun and profit". It's a little slow and spendy (9 mana over 3 turns), but it might be a fun thing to put in a longer term control deck.
Agree on head games, that's the kind of card that would work well in face to face play, but not so much in online where you can't see the person.

General's tent is funny, I like it.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I'm pretty sure the last goal will be disappointing. Hell the 1.16M goal was giving everyone some kind of animation game intro and the people who spent a shit load of money get to have dinner with the devs, but you have to pay for yourself to get there. Yay?
That's actually the most sensible stretch goal they have done from a practical point of view - a intro video is something you can farm wholesale to someone else for a chunk of cash. Too many of the other ones are going to need huge involvement from their existing developers. I agree it's not very exciting though ;p

I suspect they will try for something that invokes lust from the backers, but I am not sure they will hit the mark - just ask the guild master tier heh. They really should revamp how that one works - it seems an excellent opportunity for getting the kind of people who set up fan guild/sites onboard, but 10% exp to guild members just isn't going to cut it.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It's sensible, but it should not be the 2nd highest stretch goal. It's like they had to think of something random. If they weren't going to hit it easily, it's nothing really enticing to anyone.

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
Damn...glad I got it when I did! I'm going to take a shot in the dark and anticipate that King goes out next.
It seems pretty unlikely that anything else will sell out. King and below are unlimited. Nobody is really interested in the top three tiers for the cost, and the other 250$ tiers haven't been properly incentivized.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
F13-Sig3.jpg

This is my new guild sig for HEX.

addlemixie

Lord Nagafen Raider
just make an account over there. there is no reason that i've seen not to make one mega guild and take over the world

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
just make an account over there. there is no reason that i've seen not to make one mega guild and take over the world
Other than people who qq 50 dollars is to much because then they will bitch about the dudes who buy the two dollar boosters and shit beating them

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I work minimum wage at a certain game store who barely gives hours give me a break bro.
frown.png

Prease.
This really is one of the reason I'm on the fence about games like this. I kicked the MtG addiction years ago and I don't want to get into another "Buy to win" type game.