Hex: Shards of Fate TCG - Set 7: Frostheart 6/29/17

Myst

Peasant
"I paid for the privilege to win, therefore it's okay"
What privilege to win did we buy? It's like you guys are whining just to whine and refuse to read/listen to any of our arguments.

Again, name me ONE privilege we got in PvP? I might have missed it, but the only thing the kick starter offered us is a discount on the items everyone will eventually have to purchase. You missed out on a sale, get over it.

Mugaaz_sl

shitlord
I am a Producer, you are a new player. We are playing a mirror match in the finals of a tournament. What advantage do I have? Name one.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I'm a GK and have not received an invite yet. I believe they said keep names will remain but I can not find the official update on that.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Grand King here

rrr_img_45983.jpg

velk

Trakanon Raider
I am a Producer, you are a new player. We are playing a mirror match in the finals of a tournament. What advantage do I have? Name one.
Your epeen will be at least 8" longer than his. The match is unwinnable with that kind of psychological disadvantage.

8)

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Download is so slow since some dipshit on the alpha forums leaked out the download link.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Got mine as well, and yeah, they did say names would carry from alpha to beta, and then beta to retail. There has been a lot of uproar over the naming policy\scheme thing though, and so they have made a couple mentions of "Things aren't set in stone, we are evaluating options", but I would suspect they are just trying to appease people and no change will be forthcoming.

I've been racking my name for a clever name, but no dice. I'll probably end up as Onoes of Onoes.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
You are correct. In a mirror match in the finals of a tournament, there is no advantage. The advantage is after the match and theease of switching said deckto something else to keep from having 100% mirror matches.

But with a $10,000 buy-in, you're not going to hear many people complaining about the perks at that price range unless the game is wildly successful.

The lower tiers have advantages at the additional price of blind faith. Good for those people if the game works out.

edit: added formatting for Pyros.

addlemixie

Lord Nagafen Raider
The 3 packs a week you get from a free draft is an insurmountable advantage in terms of achieving a full playset. That $6 a week is way over the top.
rolleyes.png

Also, this patcher is horrible.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The 3 packs a week you get from a free draft is an insurmountable advantage in terms of achieving a full playset. That $6 a week is way over the top.
rolleyes.png

Also, this patcher is horrible.
Hey now, do not cheapen my Pro Player investment. I plan to win those drafts and so get more than just 3 packs.

Alpha + full download release with no authentication = very slow download. Lesson learned I hope for the company.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Still waiting to know what those advantages are.
Yeah I don't think the MMO name is accurate, I think what they meant is more like a multiplayer RPG TCG game. You have the RPG aspect with a character you choose that evolves with levels and you increase its stats and change its equipement and shit, and it's multiplayer cause you can play with a few people and shit and there's a story and what not, but at no point is it really massive(the first M), it's small scale online stuff. So it's not really mmo, but I guess the term is misused all the time nowadays, like how Marvel is also in this forum even though it's a diablo-like and has nothing to do with a mmo either.

Anyway on price, I think while there's no guarantee this will be well invested money, the issue is the investment assuming the game is ok/good is extremely solid. If the game isn't, it might be a bad investment or you might be able to get some of your money back selling your shit.However because it's a TCG if you like the game, you will end up investing a lot of money and if you skip the kickstarter chance it'll feel extremely inefficient in comparison.I remember back when I played MTG, when a new expansion would come, you kinda had to buy a box of boosters so you'd get a large amount of the new cards to build decks around and shit. Because you'll often need 4 copies of each card and you want to build multiple different decks because it's the fun part, you need a lot of cards regardless.

At first I backed for 20$ for beta access however beta is in a while and the kickstarter will stop before beta starts. 20$ really gets you nothing if the game is good though, I mean like I'd probably spend 60$ right away after that to get a decent bunch of cards. So for now I updated to 120$, it's a solid tier, and at this point it's like buying a CE for a game, which isn't too bad(maybe a bit more expensive). I'm considering going 250$, I'll wait until we see a few more videos and shit. The thing is 250$ pack, even if you don't like the game, I'm sure you could resell within a month of release for... 250$. Even if you open all the shit. There will be a fanboy of the game somewhere that missed out or didn't have the money and will buy the chance of having 3free boosters a week forever. Maybe you have to cut prices down to 150$ or whatever but still I'm sure it'll sell, so it's a fairly "safe" investment.
Found your answer for. Literally your answer.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OMG....Hey everyone, I am saving $7.00 a week because I initially invested $250.00. This means nobody will beat me. I AM INVINCIBLE!!!!! I will be the bestest player of all time. If only you had entered the KS, you too could be impossible to defeat and get blow jobs for every victory.